Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures
 
HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Ammo Arms Photos

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Canadian Mounted Police
Rogue-Trooper

Posts : 1707
Join date : 2016-09-11
Age : 54
Location : Bedfordshire

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 3:25 pm

Blimey Talia's dress sure does fit where it touches lol! lol!

_________________
Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Untitled.comiclife%20RT_zpsjiunuz4b

THEY BOUGHT ME A BOX OF TIN SOLDIERS
I THREW ALL THE GENERALS AWAY
I SMASHED UP THE SERGEANTS AND MAJORS
NOW I PLAY WITH MY PRIVATES ALL DAY.


Chris
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Moderator
Prof Gangrene Fan

Posts : 6613
Join date : 2012-11-11

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 4:00 pm

I’m just loving all the pictures of ladies night in the ammo arms Dal. Your female agents sure do have a lot of ladies nights in their local. In picture 2 I wonder what’s the joke that the 4 girls are sharing between themselves.
In picture 3 Ana is trailing three games of pool behind Talia, let’s hope Ana can clew back three games. Who’s going to win between Ana and Talia, who knows. Who say's CY Girls can't have fun?, that’s totally true CY girls CAN SO HAVE FUN Laughing.

_________________
It doesn’t matter how big or small your collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Ski Patrol
SCU_HQ

Posts : 955
Join date : 2018-03-22
Location : South-Central Utah, USA

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 6:04 pm

You gotta be as strong as Wonder Woman to lift beer mugs of that size! The AMMO Arms is certainly generous with their servings!

(I'm finding the same problem: "1:6-scale" mugs are either too big or too tiny.)

_________________
... DAVE


Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Artic Explorer
LeStryge

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2019-05-15
Location : Most Easterly Point of OZ

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 12:05 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
(I'm finding the same problem: "1:6-scale" mugs are either too big or too tiny.)
Certainly have to agree about the ju.....oh, you said "MUGS"! Phew! For a minute there..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

_________________
......what's life without a little ACTION?


Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Artic Explorer
LeStryge

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2019-05-15
Location : Most Easterly Point of OZ

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 am

Dal, there are of course many things to admire in your photos but for me, the primary achievement is the way you manage to have the faces look as though they are actually interacting in conversation.
We all know that the expressions on our figures are static and fixed, but the way you have positioned the heads and the eye-lines somehow seems to work around that limitation.
Great effort. cheers

I do notice that The Arms apparently does not have a policy of leaving your guns at the door!
Then I guess it's not called The "ARMS" for nothing?

_________________
......what's life without a little ACTION?
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Moderator
TheOneManKid

Posts : 995
Join date : 2013-09-06
Age : 58
Location : London and Northants

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 7:45 am

Why is only Barbie that gets the job as barmaid?! Razz

_________________
Ralph
Me? Well, I live life vicariously! My Action Man? Well, he lives life victoriously!
See my photos @ Flickr
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 7:58 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Blimey Talia's dress sure does fit where it touches lol! lol!

lol! @ Chris, it is a snug fit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 7:59 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I’m just loving all the pictures of ladies night in the ammo arms Dal. Your female agents sure do have a lot of ladies nights in their local. In picture 2 I wonder what’s the joke that the 4 girls are sharing between themselves.
In picture 3 Ana is trailing three games of pool behind Talia, let’s hope Ana can clew back three games. Who’s going to win between Ana and Talia, who knows. Who say's CY Girls can't have fun?, that’s totally true CY girls CAN SO HAVE FUN Laughing.

Thanks Alex, really pleased you enjoyed the pics cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 8:00 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
You gotta be as strong as Wonder Woman to lift beer mugs of that size! The AMMO Arms is certainly generous with their servings!

(I'm finding the same problem: "1:6-scale" mugs are either too big or too tiny.)

Yeah, the Ammo Arms has adopted the German litre sized drinks cheers . Getting the right size is a pain, but sometimes you have to work with what you can get I guess? cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 8:02 am

LeStryge wrote:
Dal, there are of course many things to admire in your photos but for me, the primary achievement is the way you manage to have the faces look as though they are actually interacting in conversation.
We all know that the expressions on our figures are static and fixed, but the way you have positioned the heads and the eye-lines somehow seems to work around that limitation.
Great effort. cheers

I do notice that The Arms apparently does not have a policy of leaving your guns at the door!
Then I guess it's not called The "ARMS" for nothing?

Thanks Barry! I guess its from all the years of reading comics? I spent a while drawing them, and eye lines and positioning are something you have to get right.
lol! they refuse to give up their guns, but with a terminator T-800 as a bouncer, Joe the landlord isn't too worried cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 8:03 am

TheOneManKid wrote:
Why is only Barbie that gets the job as barmaid?! Razz

Laughing Laughing The only job the barbies can have is barmaids, I don't think they would be much good in combat? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Artic Explorer
LeStryge

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2019-05-15
Location : Most Easterly Point of OZ

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 8:10 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
and eye lines and positioning are something you have to get right.
Well you've done especially well, because despite Phicens having some variations in the bodies, when you look closely at the head-sculpts they all seem to wear exactly the same expression. Same mouth, same eyes.

_________________
......what's life without a little ACTION?
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Ski Patrol
SCU_HQ

Posts : 955
Join date : 2018-03-22
Location : South-Central Utah, USA

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 am

LeStryge wrote:
... because despite Phicens having some variations in the bodies, when you look closely at the head-sculpts they all seem to wear exactly the same expression. Same mouth, same eyes.

That's not always the case, particularly with the eyes. In some Phicen/TBLeague figures, the pupils of the eyes are placed differently, which can make the figures challenging to photograph. Photographs taken from the wrong angle can give the otherwise realistically painted eyes a weird or even goofy effect. This variation in the eyes adds an element of challenge to creating scenes with multiple Phicen figures, and illustrates the "eye" for detail that BlondeActionMan has when working with multiple Phicen figures.

_________________
... DAVE
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 9:12 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
... because despite Phicens having some variations in the bodies, when you look closely at the head-sculpts they all seem to wear exactly the same expression. Same mouth, same eyes.

That's not always the case, particularly with the eyes. In some Phicen/TBLeague figures, the pupils of the eyes are placed differently, which can make the figures challenging to photograph. Photographs taken from the wrong angle can give the otherwise realistically painted eyes a  weird or even goofy effect. This variation in the eyes adds an element of challenge to creating scenes with multiple Phicen figures, and illustrates the "eye" for detail that BlondeActionMan has when working with multiple Phicen figures.

Very true Dave, it is also not exclusive to phicens, Hot toys and even action man and Joe's eyes can move over time, (EE's) and often ph and fh (painted heads and fuzzy heads) often have misalignment of the pupils which can also add to the challenge. I cannot say for sure whether the modern action man suffer the same problem as I only own a couple and their eyes are fine?
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Crash Crew
Gunner Munro

Posts : 824
Join date : 2016-06-23
Age : 58
Location : Northwich Cheshire

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 11:48 am

Top work Dal,
got to agree with all the comments- Ammo Arms is a hit ! Cool Cool

How many female agents of BAM are there now? Wink lol! lol!

Looking forward to seeing more of the girls in the field - they all look prepped for action !! lol!
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Top work Dal,
got to agree with all the comments- Ammo Arms is a hit ! Cool Cool

How many female agents of BAM are there now? Wink lol! lol!  

Looking forward to seeing more of the girls in the field - they all look prepped for action !! lol!

Thanks Steve Very Happy . I have around twenty five females of different makes.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 8:11 am

Joe & Hank 2.0 in, who's round is it?

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 48922947818_7329f4eb83_cYour round Joe. by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Artic Explorer
LeStryge

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2019-05-15
Location : Most Easterly Point of OZ

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 10:28 pm

I STILL covet that shirt! cheers
Haven't seen beer steins THAT big since Oktoberfest!
Generous servings there too!

_________________
......what's life without a little ACTION?
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 7:50 am

LeStryge wrote:
I STILL covet that shirt! cheers
Haven't seen beer steins THAT big since Oktoberfest!
Generous servings there too!

lol! lol! lol! Thanks mate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
Moderator
inntruderr61

Posts : 8196
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 58
Location : Pennsylvania USA

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Great pics are produced at the AMMO ARMS! cheers cheers cheers
Not to mention great beer... lol! drunken lol!

_________________
JIM...  
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 7:06 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great pics are produced at the AMMO ARMS! cheers cheers cheers
Not to mention great beer... lol! drunken lol!

Cheers Jim! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13674
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Moderator
Prof Gangrene Fan

Posts : 6613
Join date : 2012-11-11

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 9:23 pm

I’m really liking the picture of Professor Gangrene sharing a drink in celebration with Fynn after the successful creation of Dr x's first clone soldier. OMG Dr.X is trying to convince Logan in joining him and his gang. Mmmmmm I wonder why Dalek Sec isn’t looking to interested in joining Mr Redbox. The last picture is sooooo cute.

_________________
It doesn’t matter how big or small your collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Ski Patrol
SCU_HQ

Posts : 955
Join date : 2018-03-22
Location : South-Central Utah, USA

Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Professor G looks quite dashing in his white suit!

More very natural scenes from the Ammo Arms!

(I take it the rebuild has been postponed?)

_________________
... DAVE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Arms Photos   Ammo Arms Photos - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Ammo Arms Photos
Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Random Pictures-
Jump to: