ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Progress, anyone?

Go down 
+9
somekindajoe
inntruderr61
Sparklebudgie
the_pauley
BAMComix
clivvers
Gunner Munro
Professor Gangrene Fan
Reddragon
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Progress, anyone? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress, anyone?   Progress, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Joe90 wrote:
We've all known each other for years.  Opinions on whether this project flies or fails shouldn't be a source of divisiveness.  We should all buy into that.

I fully agree with that Doug cheers
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Progress, anyone?   Progress, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Jim, one doesn't need a crystal ball to know this won't affect future prospects one bit.  Licensing equals free money to Hasbro.  They'll grant licenses to anybody who wants to give them money.  You want to make Action man pillows, table cloths, Christmas decorations -- even Ken style dolls with the iconic ScarHead?  Pay your money and take your chance.

You misunderstand me Doug.  I'm aware that Hasbro will give the licence to anyone who pays.

My concern is that no one will want to risk taking up the license for an Action Man project if they  see another expensive failure for the brand.  First the 50th and now this budget range.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Progress, anyone?   Progress, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:21 pm

If this latest effort is the best that we can hope for then maybe the AM brand should die and we can remember them as they were when we were kids.

But I and many many others don't think that this is the best that could be manufactured ...and that's our bugbear.  

We are told that articulation comes at a price and yet time after time we have shown pictures of reasonably priced figures with great articulation and time after time we are totaly ignored.

We hear the pathetic excuse that these most recent figures "arent aimed at adults" well who are they aimed at ??  Kids ?? .....what kid is gonna want them ?? ..... as a father I would never even contemplate giving one of these figures to anyone ..they are truly awful.

And then to top it all we are told that there will be a "collectors edition" , but no information or pictures are forthcoming. Rolling Eyes

Chris
Back to top Go down
BigBear
Painted Head
BigBear

PostSubject: Re: Progress, anyone?   Progress, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 am

My first time on here for a long while - life, eh? - and I thought I'd add my 50p worth...

I bought every version of the 50th that I could get and all of these new things. Why? Because they have 'Action Man' written on the box in something approaching the original font and I'm a completist!

Strangely, I'm also the person who can't look at a MAM figure without heaving... Go figure.

These are the pits really, though, so I'm probably a fool. :-)

Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Progress, anyone?   Progress, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:41 am

bigbear wrote:
My first time on here for a long while - life, eh? - and I thought I'd add my 50p worth...

I bought every version of the 50th that I could get and all of these new things. Why? Because they have 'Action Man' written on the box in something approaching the original font and I'm a completist!

Strangely, I'm also the person who can't look at a MAM figure without heaving... Go figure.

These are the pits really, though, so I'm probably a fool. :-)

After being in the hobby for quite a while now, we all collect different things for different reasons, I think as you have picked up every 50th set, then as a complete set I can see it being worth quite a bit in years to come, so imo, not a fool, but  forward thinker! well done mate cheers  and welcome back! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress, anyone?   Progress, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Progress, anyone?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3