Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Empty
PostSubject: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 9:32 pm

This should work for both the Tom Stone and Bullet man figures.
As we all know the elastic used in Tom Stone was rubbish and after a while he fell apart. Not to worry below is a guide on how to rebuild him and it is pretty easy providing you have great patience.

First your chap will be looking something like this.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 543564_579775842051269_746764620_n

All you need are the following tools a flat head screw driver, a metre of corded black elastic either 2 or 3mm. I always use 3mm, a knitting needle or something like it and a paper clip that has been straightened.

First make sure the arms match the correct side of his body, pop the neck post inside of Tom's head if he has one using the screwdriver.
Then thread the elastic through his top arm I always start on his left side and work to the right.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 179756_579775845384602_1908118598_n

Then thread it through his forearm on the outer side of the pin that is inside.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 64834_579775848717935_1847122014_n

Next thread it through the other side of the pin
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 543682_579775958717924_2030001844_n

You now have both ends of the elastic at the top of his arm. Make sure you have the end piece that is the furthest up and thread it into his body and out through his neck. If you look at the hole where his neck post goes you will see a small pin make sure the elastic comes up through the left side of the pin if you are starting with his left arm. With the end of the elastic you have left sellotape it to the knitting needle and poke it through the same hole through to the one at the other side so he looks like this.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 539611_579776662051187_851333360_n

With this piece of elastic thread his right arm together exactly the same way you did his left one.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 61708_579776782051175_175042491_n
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 579683_579776935384493_1508538317_n

Now thread this piece through the right side pin in his neck and tie off.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 44306_579776795384507_476619977_n

Thread both ends through the neck post and form a big knot so the elastic cannot slip through the post you will have to make multiple knots for this to work.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 385408_579776938717826_1251449895_n

Now you have a complete Tom Stone
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 536094_579776922051161_85322509_n

I am sorry but I have not mentioned the purpose of the paper clip. This is your best friend doing this job as you will use it to help pull the elastic through his arms by fishing for it. Another tip is when threading elastic through areas such as his arms try and get as much inside as possible as it is easier to catch hold of.

All that is left is to simply put an uniform on him. Here is one I e-bayed earlier.
All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. 395639_579777025384484_1152293065_n
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Polar Explorer
Rossini

All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Great tutorial Phil!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Great tip!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:20 am

Great tips! He's looking good now! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 am

That's a great tutorial Phil and different to the way I did mine. Is it flat elastic you used? He looks cracking as a green beret too :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
ghost recon
NAVY FROGMAN
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 am

Great step by step guide Phil & a very nice Tom stone.
Re stringing them is so fiddly , worth it once done though. If I buy any more toms in the future I now know who to send them to. It's a process I can't stand !! No patience lol
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks for the great comments everyone. It was a pleasure to do and hope it will help somebody in the future. However whilst the head post will not come off I feel I can never get it as tight as the rest of the body and as Ade has said somewhere else on this site the arms will never bend but he looks great for display.

Mark yes I use flt corded elastic. It would be great if you could tell me how you do yours to compare them.

Ade no problems my friend and as it is you I will do it for free lol
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:09 am

superb how to guide Phil, and he looks stunning as a green beret mate !! Top Job mate cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
NAVY FROGMAN
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Bonus !! I'll be sure to let you know if I buy one Phil....................Rest assured lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.   All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the kings horses and all the kings men put Tom Stone back together again.
Page 1 of 1