ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Empty
PostSubject: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 2:34 am

He followed the map and found the buried treasure, but there was a grim reminder of the old pirate's insurance....
"DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES"!  What a Face

(This bloke is either going to get an C18th white wig....or maybe a red and white pirate's bandanna and a gold earring.
Still trying to decide if he's a goody or a baddie.)

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Sot8rh

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 3:03 am

pirate - tastic picture you’v done they LeStryge. I ether picture him with the red and white pirate's bandanna and a gold earring rather than the C18th white wig or just leave him as he is dressed because I type sometimes less is best in a kitbash but they just my opinions and it’s like totally up to you LeStryge at the end of the day because the most important thing is that he’s your kitbash.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 3:11 am

It's just that I find his hair paint a little fake looking, so I thought I'd make something to cover it up. Idea
I really like his period drop-front breeches and shirt and thought a wig might go with them. Nothing Louis XV or anything extreme, just a smallish one like was worn in the British Navy, with a plait tied by a small ribbon at back.
Then again, the bandanna sounds good too, ...and so much easier. Wink

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 3:40 am

LeStryge wrote:
It's just that I find his hair paint a little fake looking, so I thought I'd make something to cover it up. Idea
I really like his period drop-front breeches and shirt and thought a wig might go with them. Nothing Louis XV or anything extreme, just a smallish one like was worn in the British Navy, with a plait tied by a small ribbon at back.
Then again, the bandanna sounds good too, ...and so much easier. Wink

I see your meaning on wanting to cover up his painted hair and I totally agree with you on that it’s a little fake looking. I also totally agree with you on you really liking his period drop-front breeches and shirt. I’m liking your thoughts on him wearing a British Navy, with a plait tied by a small ribbon at the back and I can now also see the British Navy, with a plait tied by a small ribbon at the back wig would work with the shirt and trousers.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 3:43 am

Hmmm, ...that means I'll be haunting the charity shops and some abandoned Barbie with white hair is in for a VERY close haircut! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 3:54 am

LeStryge wrote:
Hmmm, ...that means I'll be haunting the charity shops and some abandoned Barbie with white hair is in for a VERY close haircut! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Good luck on haunting down a abandoned Barbie with white hair or any kind of 1/6 scale figure with white hair in the charity shops. Oh you could try and find the doctor who clockwork droid figure on EBay or in a charity shop because they wear wigs.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 4:17 am

Thanks for the advice but I don't think it will be too hard to find something cheap with the requisite white hair and making a simple slip on wig shouldn't be all that difficult really. Must confess that I do get a bit of a kick out of making things myself rather than just buying it.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 8:04 am

Great bash of the marooned pirate cheers
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Good guy or bad guy? He's a pirate, so that whole good-bad thing is fluid and nebulous! Depends on his mood, and on the crowd he's hanging out with, and on how much gold he has in his coin purse at any given time.

Bandana would look great, I think, but I understand the desire to attempt something a little more challenging.

Ski Patrol
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Great photo ....like the hairy chest ..

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 12:46 am

Thanks for the appreciative comments fellers!
I'll post a pic of the bloke when he gets his headgear, ...whatever that might be.
Maybe both?
Many a sailor found it far more profitable to turn pirate. (Or privateer as it was politely put.)

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 2:27 am

Privateer - a pirate with a license! Razz

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 7:34 am

SO.....turns out he was a pirate after all!
Here he ponders where to bury his latest booty.

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! PmaPk6HUj

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Arrr... an' he's found himself a right purdy little birdy, too!

The bandana looks great, especially with the long tail blowing in the wind!

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Hey, what's a pirate without a parrot, eh?
I did hold off on the wooden leg and hand-hook though!
Glad you liked it Dave!
The ear rings are real gold, ...courtesy of some jewellery I found in a charity shop and demolished!

Last edited by LeStryge on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 11:24 pm

LeStryge wrote:

The ear rings are real gold though, ...courtesy of some jewellery I found in a charity shop and demolished!

Just wait until your better half finds out you're buying gold jewellery for your action figures!

There will be Twisted Evil to pay! It's been nice knowing you, buddy!

Razz

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:23 am

So he was a pirate all this time hu. I’m really loving the look of him as a pirate.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:31 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Just wait until your better half finds out you're buying gold jewellery for your action figures!
There will be Twisted Evil  to pay! It's been nice knowing you, buddy! Razz
Wise lines from D.H.Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
and I quote: “What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.”  lol!

Or is it "Never let the right hand know what the left hand is doing"?

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
So he was a pirate all this time hu. I’m really loving the look of him as a pirate.
I kind of thought you'd appreciate him Alex!
Thanks for your comment!
Always welcome.

Admin
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:16 am

Nice little dio! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Once again, literature invades the forum! Such an educated and erudite crowd we must be! Razz

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 pm

I'd hold off on the wooden leg too... lol!

Great pics! cheers

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! 15657210

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 3:13 am

So now you’v kitbashed one pirate, will you be kitbashing a pirate crew ?

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
I'd hold off on the wooden leg too... lol! Great pics! cheers

Well at least your pirate only had the ship's cat scratching, .....he might have had a dog doing what dogs do to poles! lol!

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
So now you’v kitbashed one pirate, will you be kitbashing a pirate crew ?

Now that's a thought Alex! Specially with those figures that may have lost a leg or a hand?
Then I could do a "walking the plank" scene?
You have certainly given me something to think about.

PostSubject: Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!   DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!
Page 1 of 1