ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission Raft!

Go down 
+2
Dreadnought
BAMComix
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 6:21 am

Delighted to have just acquired this Action Man Mission Raft!
(Yes, another eBay impulse buy, but in my own defence can I just say I was left unsupervised.....?    Rolling Eyes  )
Came in perfect order, unopened and the little outboard runs like a dream on two batteries.

Mission Raft! Jt8UgZ

The raft itself is solid plastic, NOT inflatable so it should stand up to use.
There is a little covered storage space at the front of the raft where I stashed a couple of lead fishing weights to counterbalance my wet-suited A/M sitting at the back with his hand on the outboard tiller.
Looks great as he chugs around the swimming pool!!
See vision below in a later post.

Mission Raft! 6vntxY

Last edited by LeStryge on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:51 am

A great vehicle bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 6:44 pm

What a fantastic looking raft! Reminds me of watching The Undersea World of Jacques Coustea on TV when I was a kid.

The motor actually works? We need to see pics from the swimming pool trial tests!

Dreadnought

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 8:13 pm

Wow !!! Great looking raft.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 8:54 pm

That's a really  nice looking bit of kit cheers ..be great to see some action shots.
I bet SWMBO wont be leaving you unsupervised again lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: First trial.   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 3:29 am

So here's the link to watch him motoring around the pool.
I really think he wants to go somewhere more adventurous though.
(Be sure to watch in Hi-Def mode! Let me know if the link doesn't work for you.)

https://youtu.be/L9834Y6KGJw
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 am

Thank you very much for sharing your YouTube video link on your Action Man motoring around the pool on his Mission Raft. I really enjoyed watching the video Very Happy.

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 11:21 am

Prof Gangrene Fan, you are so kind! Thank you!
I was beginning to think no one could see it!
You never know if these links will work for everyone.

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Link worked perfectly cheers

I'm so jealous..it looks even cooler in action. Where's the wetsuit from? I like that a lot.

Chris
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 5:35 pm

That is superb! You even got the motor angle set so he does perfect circles without hitting the side of the pool! How many attempts did that take? Sounds like an excuse to spend all afternoon in the pool.

Great set-up with the frogman fig leaning back while gripping the rope. Looks totally tough!

I'm also envious of your weather... I thought you were supposedly edging in to winter Down Under!

And... you have a pool? And a clean pool, even, with no algae growing between the tiles! Envy Envy Envy!!!!

(Of course, you'll have to let the algae start growing, to create a more swamp-like environment for your AM/Joe adventures!)

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 12:00 am

Yes Fellers, winter here and the temps are balmy. A mate of mine had his brother over from Ireland who thought he'd found Winter Heaven. Spent a lot of time at our beaches and went back home tanned ....(well red over his freckles!) only to find his local pub had a roaring fire going.....IN SUMMER!  scratch  

Think I'll pass on importing any algae though.
I was a bit worried that the pool had stuff floating on the surface. There's a tree nearby dropping flowers and making a mess. Guess who planted it there?  Embarassed   Embarassed   Embarassed

Wasn't too hard to get him to circle. Where he sits, his arm holds the tiller at a slight angle and that was really all that was needed.
I'll let you in on a little secret. The sound you hear is NOT the sound of the little outboard. Put that there just to add to the vision.

The wetsuit is a genuine AM stretch fabric one and I think it was on a figure I bought a while back. Had it amongst a lot of other stuff in my box of A/M clothing so it came in handy. Added flippers in the bottom of the raft, and a facemask. He needed a snorkel but I had to buy one. It wasn't too dear, but the damned shipping was! For a tiny little bit of plastic you could put in a simple envelope? Outrageous!
Any way the seller would combine postage so naturally I just HAD to purchase a couple of other A/M items to make the transaction worthwhile. Virtually compulsory!!!
I'm sure you all understand?

After such a successful test AM is now eager to take his raft into some more challenging and exciting environments!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 4:36 am

Whereabouts in Australia do you live, generally speaking? Victoria, I'm guessing, if you're in to footie.

Take your Action Man and his new boat out to the actual ocean, let him face off against sharks and stingers! Twisted Evil

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 5:34 am

AFL footy is now a nation wide comp. and has been for a while.
I live in NSW on the Far North Coast.
If you look at a map of Australia, I'm near the coast on the very furthest point that the continent juts out to the east into the Pacific.

Not sure that A/M's 1/6 raft would survive the full-scale surf and I'd hate to lose him and the craft.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Cool! Near the Gold Coast on the Coral Sea! No wonder it's warm all year!

I've been as far north as Port Douglas. Did a road trip a number of years ago, drove from Sydney to Port Douglas; or actually, down to Melbourne and then up to Port Douglas. I remember one of the hotel managers telling us that footy is not nearly as popular outside of Victoria. Although then he admitted that he was not a footy fan.

(Then did another road trip a couple of years later, from Sydney to Adelaide. Still need to check out Western Australia.)

Mission Raft! 24143990_05dc93b0fb_m
A fake Australian at the fake Ayer's Rock (Uluru)
at the abandoned Leyland Brothers World

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 12:05 am

Look at all that hair! And the hat!
That place is now a ruin as it burned down some time ago.
Don't know what planet your hotel manager was on. All states with the exception of Tasmania and the Northern Territory have AFL teams. Some states more than one.
Did AM accompany you to Oz?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 1:13 am

Sadly, my OZ trip was prior to toy and figure photography becoming a thing for me.

Even more sadly, much of that hair has gone the way of Leyland Brothers World. But I still have the hat! Razz

Sad to learn that the giant fake Uluru burned down, but that comes as no surprise. It was quite run down when I was there, and was being used as the office for a gasoline (petrol) station and convenience store. After that, I had read that there were efforts underway to turn the place in to some kind of nature education centre or some such thing.

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 4:39 am

I very much enjoyed motoring through Monument Valley in your state. Unlike that papier maché Ayer's Rock, all those fantastic mesas and buttes were REAL!
Although for some reason I did expect the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote to show up any minute! lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by LeStryge on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 5:06 am

Cool stuff! cheers

Mission Raft! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Raft!   Mission Raft! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Raft!
Page 1 of 1