Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
SCRAMBLE PILOT
SCU_HQ

PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions   PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 1:33 am

I cannot find a topic devoted to photo hosting, so... here's a new topic devoted to photo hosting.

QUESTION: where do you host photos that you post to discussion forums?

Since I'm starting the topic, I shall start the answers... and provide sample images.

I currently use three photo-hosting options.

The majority of the photos I post to forums are hosted on my own domain, for which I pay an annual fee. I think it works out to something like ten dollars (US) a month. Actually, the domain hosting service I use, powweb.com, is UK based, so some of you may be familiar with it.

I also upload photos to Flickr, and sometimes link to those photos for forum posts, particularly when I'm in a hurry to find a specific image and am too lazy to upload it to a folder on my domain account. Flickr has recently raised the annual fee for unlimited photo hosting to $50 USD per year, while capping the number of photos on free accounts at 1,000.

I have recently begun using a lesser-known photo-hosting service called 23hq.com. 23hq offers free and paid memberships. The only difference is a monthly limit on uploads with the free account. There is no advertising and no limit on the total number of photos hosted. The site is considerably more basic than Flickr, offering fewer "social interaction" options, but it appears to be a stable and reliable platform.

Here is a sample image as hosted on each of the three sites:

PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions June2
Linked from my personal domain at powweb.com

PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions 47988220742_1bc24f76b3_c
Linked from Flickr.com

PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions 55519304_e90ebd763bf011068707881a4af8570e_large
Linked from 23HQ.com

What image hosting platforms do other users here at the forum use for photos?

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions   PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 7:59 am

Great topic David! and very informative too cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PHOTO HOSTING: Tips and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1