ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sunlight Camo?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

Sunlight Camo? Empty
PostSubject: Sunlight Camo?   Sunlight Camo? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 3:30 am

I found this reference while looking at historic MAM releases.

Apparently this toy had an awesome feature which was revealed when put in natural sun light. The figure would magically don camouflage paint when outside. It came with some real camouflage paint for the owner to wear also.
Has anyone ever seen one of these in working order? As in camo paint appearing when out in sunlight?
I know there was a suntan Barbie/Ken that darkened when outside that must have worked on much the same principle, and also a Ken that "grew" a 5 o'clock shadow that could be "shaved".

The figure itself looks pretty generic, so I'm wondering if I should expose any similar looking ones in my collection and see if anything happens?

Sunlight Camo? 4Zjyd6

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

Sunlight Camo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Camo?   Sunlight Camo? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 am

Hey LeStryge,

Now I’ve never bought this figure myself so I’ve never seen the camouflage paint magically don when outside. But as the name of the figure it’s called Warpaint Warrior and here is a link to the figure
http://figure-archive.net/item.aspx?itemID=19049

If your wondering if you should expose any similar looking ones in your collection, then I would definitely say YES Wink. They is a similar Mam figure set that also contains camouflage body paint crayons and he’s called Camo ATAK
http://figure-archive.net/item.aspx?itemID=87371

But it looks like you can only use the camouflage body paint crayons on yourself rather than the figure itself sadly.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

Sunlight Camo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Camo?   Sunlight Camo? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Now that is interesting PGF!!! Thanks for that!
Because I sometimes buy figures I find loose in charity shops or markets etc. I was wondering if one of these could have snuck in. They would just look like any other in the dull light, and coming as they often do without clothes or any other identifying marking.
How strange it would be to suddenly see camo paint appearing during a sunny outdoor shoot!

Sunlight Camo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Camo?   Sunlight Camo? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunlight Camo?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Reference Section-
Jump to: