ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rogue Trooper's collection

Go down 
+20
Captian action
Sparklebudgie
Gunner Munro
Beatlefan
Professor Gangrene Fan
FIELD STATION 42
Rustygun
Didier
JohnnyE4
gibri
ActionYankee
somekindajoe
Wolf_Soldier64
Jet-
Scarface
Reddragon
blackbrazen
Dreadnought
BAMComix
inntruderr61
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 am

LeStryge wrote:

Sorry to say this but that one makes him look.....FAT !!! Shocked  Shocked   No And he's NOT! He may be "older" and his hair may be greying, but damn he's still in fine condition! 
No one wants to look like he needs to sign up to Weight Watchers before he goes on any missions because he's bustin' out in front!

He's G. I. Joe, ....not G. I. Dough!

The "GI Dough" line was good! Razz

I kinda like the way he looks a little bit dissolute and past his prime. Maybe he's let himself go a little... it's not the years, it's the mileage... but he can still summon up the necessary stamina and enthusiasm... and fightin' moves... when needed.

So maybe add a whiskey flask and some half-empty beer bottles to the list of necessary accessories. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 2:56 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
So maybe add a whiskey flask and some half-empty beer bottles to the list of necessary accessories. Wink

So nurturing the porch over the tool-shed might be the way to go you think, eh? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 3:52 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

So nurturing the porch over the tool-shed might be the way to go you think, eh? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps I am "projecting" a little bit of myself on to these figures... albeit without the stamina, enthusiasm, and fightin' moves part. Embarassed

Actually, I agree, the shirt is a little bit on the snug side, but RT already has another shirt on the way, which will doubtlessly look considerably better. That said, I don't think this is a totally bad look for the figure; it's simply a matter of what sort of character you want him to project.

(And to project a character that matches the shirt, he needs a flask or bottle! Razz )

This has been a fun diversion! It will certainly be interesting to see how RT ultimately completes this figure, and how many of our "suggestions" (if any) he integrates into the final look!

So, when you guys need a quick piece or three to complete a kitbashed figure, what are your go-to sources?

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 4:08 am

Fun fact, in the 90's when The Young Indiana Jones Chronicals was on TV, not only was Indy portrayed as a nipper and an adolescent, but also as a nonegenarian.

Meet 90-year old Indy, played by George Hall.

Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 George-hall-indy

Note the eyepatch. Which means, some time between 1957 and 1992, Indy looses an eye. affraid

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Last edited by ActionYankee on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 4:09 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
So, when you guys need a quick piece or three to complete a kitbashed figure, what are your go-to sources?
Well first up, like all of us I suppose, it's my Q-Store box of "stuff". There's a lot of things in there that I've accumulated and put away for "future possibilities".
Sometimes I find things I'd quite forgotten about that are perfect for my purpose.
If that comes up dry, then I ponder if I can make it myself.
It can be really worth a try! Sometimes you can surprise even yourself!

Failing that then of course it means resorting to searching on eBay.
Now you can usually find what it is you are seeking, however....and that's a BIG HOWEVER, the prices can be something of a shock. Particularly the shipping!
Then it becomes a debate of "how much do I REALLY want it?"
At this stage I might even go back to trying to manufacture it myself.
Or I just fork out the money and shut up, .....and try to forget just what that little piece really cost me!

As mentioned here before, you can sometimes buy a full figure complete with all the accessories for less than buying just the one replacement item. Go figure?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 4:19 am

ActionYankee wrote:
Note the eyepatch. Which means, some time between 1957 and 1992, Indy looses an eye. affraid
Or auditioned for a part in the forthcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean" series? pirat pirat pirat

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 5:27 am

I think it's a great look for Patrick. He may have...filled out a little, but I think he's still pretty buff and can bring it when he needs to.

Nice prototype Indy pic, Dave. I've never seen that.

I once spent $35 for a Hot Toys Joker vest on ebay and that was after I hesitated to buy one for $30. But lately I've had real good luck buying some pieces/parts from these buy-it-now sellers in China who offer free shipping. They are usually from newly released figures that aren't even for sale yet over here.

Otherwise I use the usual parts dealers like Monkey Depot, War-Toys or Cots.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 5:34 am

Yep, China always has me right from the moment when I see it says "FREE SHIPPING" !!! cheers cheers cheers

Although I must add kudos to Cotswold for NOT using the eBay favoured and highly exorbitant so called "Global Shipping Programme", but just posting Int. most reasonably I thought.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 am

Blimey.....look what happens when I sleep...or at least try to in this stupid 1000 degree heat lol!

1. There is a  new shirt in the post to me cheers
2. Patrick's head is only on that body temporarily...the real head is being flocked and should be here any day.
3. That satchel is a bit expensive for what it is...so I will pass thanks.
I might make a satchel myself as I have a ton of fake leather left over. Although its black not brown. Although I have in my head a mausette bag as being what I want.
4.  Remember this isnt Indiana this is a homage to Indy rather than a straight copy. This is Capt. Devon Smith Very Happy
5. I agree about him needing 2 belts...1 for his trousers and 1 for his holster etc.....I have a plan. cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 12:08 pm

The actual satchel used in the movie was a modified Mark VII gas mask bag that was used by British troops and civilians during World War II.
I told you the eBay one was expensive! Certainly did not expect you to buy it.
I fully applaud you having a go at it yourself!
I'm sure you can make a very reasonable facsimile!
I find myself doing more and more of this.
Sometimes even with surprising results!
Okay, ...not all the time...but still....
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 12:30 pm

On reflection I thought that the black leather bag might look too much like a handbag lol!
But I think I've found one I can adapt....just waiting for a reply from one of those superb Chinese sellers cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 12:48 pm

[quote=".....I have a plan. cheers[/quote]

Should we be scared? lol!
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 12:51 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
[quote=".....I have a plan.

Should we be scared? lol! [/quote]

Definitely lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm

New shirt arrived cheers
Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 20190727-203444

Chris
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 9:29 pm

The new shirt goes well with the brown leather like jacket and trousers. Good find on the shirt Chris.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 10:33 pm

The old shirt made his mid-section look too big. The new shirt makes his head look too small.
Razz

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Great work Chris bounce
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 11:03 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
The old shirt made his mid-section look too big. The new shirt makes his head look too small.
Razz

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 11:31 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Razz
Well that's what happens when you mess with those Jivaro head-hunters!!!
Shouldn't have stolen their idol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 3:36 am

lol!

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Introducing Capt. Devon Smith....nearly finished cheers
Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 20190730-192451

Chris
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:36 pm

Nice to meet you Capt. Devon Smith. What else is he needing?

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Nice to meet you Capt. Devon Smith. What else is he needing?

He needs a satchel..which is on it's way from China. And maybe some other bits n pieces

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 10:04 pm

He looks fantastic Chris, a great character creation. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds for him bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks Dal....I'm very happy with the flocking,  but there's something not quite right about him..I just cant work out what it is.  scratch

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trooper's collection
Page 13 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next