ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!

Go down 
+10
blackbrazen
Beatlefan
gibri
Gunner Munro
Professor Gangrene Fan
Dreadnought
Rogue-Trooper
inntruderr61
JohnnyE4
somekindajoe
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Empty
PostSubject: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Its that time again, Jake has decided that its time for a complete remodel. Here are a couple of the very last shots from inside the old study, hope you guys like them...,

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! 48056058006_cabdb0ed50_cJake & Dogs. by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! 48056174172_805104a0b0_cBye,bye study! by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

and what does it looks like now???..., anyone of a nervous disposition, look away now!

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! DSC00013

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! DSC00014

Nore updates as and when they happen, thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Shocked   Did you strip everything out of the old study, and is that what we are seeing? Or are you building a completely new box?

The old version was perfection, you know that, right? It will be difficult to top perfection.  Razz

The stairs are looking good.

I'm assuming this is a permanent standing set. It looks solid and heavy. In fact, it almost looks like it is build in to the wall.

What are the approximate dimensions of the empty box?

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Its that time again, Jake has decided that its time for a complete remodel.

Again?? Shocked Rolling Eyes

Building Hobb's End once was enough for me. I admire your dedication Dal (or is Jake just a hard taskmaster?). Office 3.0 is obviously going to be awesome! cheers

....over budget and behind schedule no doubt.....but awesome!! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 5:51 pm

coming along nicely
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 8:14 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Shocked   Did you strip everything out of the old study, and is that what we are seeing? Or are you building a completely new box?

The old version was perfection, you know that, right? It will be difficult to top perfection.  Razz

The stairs are looking good.

I'm assuming this is a permanent standing set. It looks solid and heavy. In fact, it almost looks like it is build in to the wall.

What are the approximate dimensions of the empty box?

Yes David I stripped everything out of the old shell, leaving the bare bones as it were of the old computer desk which houses Jake's study. So yeah, the study is a permanent build and sits underneath the Arms. The dimensions are, 33" (Width) x 26" (Height) x 18" (Depth), so it is quite large.

Perfection huh? that is a very kind thing to say, but I want to try and echo my first study I built with some added details this time around. I am just hoping it all comes together.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Its that time again, Jake has decided that its time for a complete remodel.

Again?? Shocked Rolling Eyes

Building Hobb's End once was enough for me. I admire your dedication Dal (or is Jake just a hard taskmaster?). Office 3.0 is obviously going to be awesome! cheers

....over budget and behind schedule no doubt.....but awesome!! lol!

Its all Jake's fault! he always manages to get what he wants! Hopefully, it won't take long to finish, but then again, I do still need to buy a few things Rolling Eyes . lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 pm

JohnnyE4 wrote:
coming along nicely

Cheers Johnny! more to come soon...., hopefully! lol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Out with old and in with the new! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Out with old and in with the new! cheers

Indeed Jim Very Happy .

So on to today's progress, I started to make a false wall, this hopefully will give the feel of depth when you look through the windows. This is something I experimented with when I built the bedroom, however, placing the window on the back wall did pose a few problems when photographing. So this time, the windows are going on the wall.
The gap between the window and outer wall will be about 1 - 2" depending on my final design. The stairs are not yet fixed in place, they are just there for show. Hope you enjoyed the update Very Happy

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! DSC00001

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! DSC00002
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Had another go this morning. I decided today to make the framework for the staircase, this is only the dry run and still has to be tidied up a bit.

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Staircase-A-00-1

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Staircase-A-00-2

To give an idea od how it will all fit into the study, I have placed the parts in roughly so you guys can get the idea. I have also placed in a door at the top of the stairs, which yes I know, still needs a door frame, but hey we're getting there! lol!

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Staircase-B-00-1

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Staircase-B-00-2

Thanks for looking! more to follow soon! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Taking shape nicely cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Very impressive staircase!

A sexy Phicen could make quite a grand entrance coming down them....especially as there's a rumour they lead to Jake's boudoir/batchelor pad!! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Taking shape  nicely cheers

Cheers Chris, still a long way to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 4:35 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Very impressive staircase!

A sexy Phicen could make quite a grand entrance coming down them....especially as there's a rumour they lead to Jake's boudoir/batchelor pad!! lol! lol!

Thanks Steve, it turned out better than I expected to be honest Very Happy . I agree, I am hoping the staircase wil become a useful feature. lol! Rumour.., rumour.., its more than a rumour, Jake is already complaining that it is taking too long! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Couldn't really do a lot today as I need supplies, but I did do a spot of 1/6 scale wallpapering,

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Papering

Having sorted the outside of the windows I decided to put the staircase together permanently, and I also wallpapered them. still some odds and ends to add to the staircase, so not quite finished yet.

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Staircase-B-00-3

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Staircase-B-00-4

Thanks for looking! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Great stuff Dal. cheers
You have achieved a fine sense of depth already even thus far into this project.
Great imagination and skills. Bravery too to pull apart that fine build and redo it. !! affraid Very Happy Very Happy lol!

Kev.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 7:54 am

Dreadnought wrote:
Great stuff Dal. cheers
You have achieved a fine sense of depth already even thus far into this project.
Great imagination and skills. Bravery too to pull apart that fine build and redo it. !! affraid Very Happy Very Happy lol!

Cheers Kev! Very Happy . Still quite a bit too do, the problem holding me back is fresh supplies. I always liked the second study, but in truth, was never really happy with it. I am hoping that this time around I can get it right Very Happy . More to come soon!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 12:22 pm

You’v done some very smooth 1/6 scale wallpapering there Dal Wink.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
You’v done some very smooth 1/6 scale wallpapering there Dal Wink.

Thanks Alex cheers
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 pm

[quote="Blondeactionman"]Couldn't really do a lot today as I need supplies, but I did do a spot of 1/6 scale wallpapering,

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Papering

Very brave Dal... Mrs Gunner and I nearly got divorced the first time we tried 1:1 scale wallpapering lol! I hope everything is well with Jake and Jenna  Shocked

The build looks really great - really admire your drive...the bits for my Strong point are still languishing in the garage Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! IMG_7534
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 3:27 pm

lol! @ Steve! I am not too bad at wallpapering, s its all good mate, Jake and Jenna are moaning that the study isn't finished yet, Its Jake that moans, but I suspect Jenna isbehind it Laughing .

The stronghold looks great steve! y'now you could probably use the templates as actual walls if you were too make the brickwork from cardboard, I know a long process making the bricks, then coating it all in a paper mache mix, just a thought? It would look fantastic all painted up too. I am sure you will get there mate, best advice? just get stuck in, its what zulu1 said to me years ago lol!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:56 am

love that cardboard set Very Happy looks like it's straight out of a model set pirat
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 am

Fantastic work on the new study, Dal!!!

The stairs look great and the brick wallpaper will look cool too.

Glad to see the Strong Point is still in the plans, Steve.

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 7:59 am

gibri wrote:
Fantastic work on the new study, Dal!!!

The stairs look great and the brick wallpaper will look cool too.

Glad to see the Strong Point is still in the plans, Steve.

cheers bounce cheers

Very Happy Thanks Bri, its getting there slowly cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Not a lot done over the last few days, today though, i boarded out the one wall and wallpapered it. then made the boarded wall for the windows, it might give you some idea of how the view from the window will work cheers

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Wall-Window-frame-A-1

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Wall-Window-frame-A-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next