ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!

Go down 
+10
blackbrazen
Beatlefan
gibri
Gunner Munro
Professor Gangrene Fan
Dreadnought
Rogue-Trooper
inntruderr61
JohnnyE4
somekindajoe
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
WOWSER DAl! Thats freakin awesome! cheers

Many thanks Jim bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 7:56 am

blackbrazen wrote:
This is fantastic, Dal. cheers  Really enjoying watching the build progress. I always love reading through build logs on plastic modelling forums, and this is very similar. Superb work on the windows and stairs. The skyline view has worked out really well. Looking forward to seeing it progress!
I'll have to send old Brace back there on a secondment once it's finished to check it out! Very Happy

Cheers Scott Very Happy , It is slowly coming together now. Everytime i build a dio, I have intended to do work in progress shots, but always seem to get carried away and forget to do them lol! . I am really pleased with the whole thing so far, just a lot of nagging final touches now, which always seem to take the longest Rolling Eyes . Really pleased you have enjoyed it cheers

it would be awesome for Brace to return for a visit, he would be welcome anytime, and he could tell the boys all about his new mates bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 11:51 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:

Couldn't agree more with all the comments so far - looking brilliant Dal Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:

Couldn't agree more with all the comments so far - looking brilliant Dal Cool Cool

Cheers Steve bounce bounce bounce means a lot mate cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 4:11 pm

So, I have no new supplies yet, yesterday I spent the day removing no nails glue from old recycled wood from the old study. Very time consuming and boring Shocked . With that done, today I decided to use the cleaned up wood to finish a few bits, I popped in some skirting board and built a unit into one of the walls. I also caved and put a few bits back in the study. Here are a few pics cheers

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Study-Items-00-1

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Study-Items-00-2

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Study-Items-00-3

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Je-taking-a-look

After playing around for a while, I decided to start building a new sofa for the study, as you can see, its all built from scrap. I will place the pieces out as I build the sofa, in case anyone wants to have a go themselves cheers . So here is a dry run of the basic shape bounce

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Sofa-build
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Great work Dal
Its frustrating when you run out of supplies..or money for supplies lol!  but you've not had a wasted day cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Great work Dal
Its frustrating when you run out of supplies..or money for supplies lol!  but you've not had a wasted day cheers

Cheers Chris Very Happy . Yeah, it is frustrating, but it does give me time to think about what I need to get bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Even a few accessories really begin to bring an already impressive build to life! Or, a more life-like life!

Love seeing the progress on the sofa/settee. I need some 1:6 scale furniture but don't want to spend the money on pre-made stuff... even playline doll furniture is becoming expensive... so it will be interesting to see how the sofa turns out. Scrap wood and cardboard, of that I have plenty!

One potential issue I see with your approach to the bookcase: potential for glare. I was having that issue with some of the walls in my tiki bar build, so I hit the flat panels with a light mist of clear matte spray to cut the gloss. You have to be careful on computer-printed images to avoid causing runs in the ink, but with caution the matte spray helps reduce reflection potential. But be patient: light mist, multiple coats if necessary or desired, with adequate drying time in between.

Stylish door handle, I like it!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 2:27 am

awesome! cheers

Sofa! Going look great! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 4:34 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
One potential issue I see with your approach to the bookcase: potential for glare. I was having that issue with some of the walls in my tiki bar build, so I hit the flat panels with a light mist of clear matte spray to cut the gloss.
I also use a similar process but with a product called "Dull-Coat". It was recommended to me by a model-train enthusiast. I think its original purpose was to take the shine off plastic model kits but it works well on paper too.
It has the advantage of not requiring a heavy build up to work, just a light mist.
I have also heard of people using cheap hairspray for a similar effect, (I think they use this to kill shiny surfaces in photographic shoots for advertisements) but I myself have never tried it so I cannot vouch for its efficacy.

Hey SCU_HQ....are there any pics of your tiki bar on this site?
VERY interested in seeing it!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 8:04 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Even a few accessories really begin to bring an already impressive build to life! Or, a more life-like life!

Love seeing the progress on the sofa/settee. I need some 1:6 scale furniture but don't want to spend the money on pre-made stuff... even playline doll furniture is becoming expensive... so it will be interesting to see how the sofa turns out. Scrap wood and cardboard, of that I have plenty!

One potential issue I see with your approach to the bookcase: potential for glare. I was having that issue with some of the walls in my tiki bar build, so I hit the flat panels with a light mist of clear matte spray to cut the gloss. You have to be careful on computer-printed images to avoid causing runs in the ink, but with caution the matte spray helps reduce reflection potential. But be patient: light mist, multiple coats if necessary or desired, with adequate drying time in between.

Stylish door handle, I like it!

Thanks David, I am hoping the sofa will come together, but time will tell? Good point on the glare, if it gives me problems when I take better photos, it will be something I will have to look into cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 8:04 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
awesome! cheers

Sofa! Going look great! Very Happy

Thanks Jim bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 8:05 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
One potential issue I see with your approach to the bookcase: potential for glare. I was having that issue with some of the walls in my tiki bar build, so I hit the flat panels with a light mist of clear matte spray to cut the gloss.
I also use a similar process but with a product called "Dull-Coat". It was recommended to me by a model-train enthusiast. I think its original purpose was to take the shine off plastic model kits but it works well on paper too.
It has the advantage of not requiring a heavy build up to work, just a light mist.
I have also heard of people using cheap hairspray for a similar effect, (I think they use this to kill shiny surfaces in photographic shoots for advertisements) but I myself have never tried it so I cannot vouch for its efficacy.

Hey SCU_HQ....are there any pics of your tiki bar on this site?
VERY interested in seeing it!

Very interesting, I may have to experiment cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 5:28 pm

So I spent the day today working on the sofa, I used some old leather I had, and my staple gun, here are the pics bounce

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Sofa-Build-00-1

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Sofa-Build-00-2

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Sofa-Build-00-3

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Sofa-Build-00-4

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Sofa-Build-00-5

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Sofa-Build-00-6
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Sofa tactic Dal !!!

I'm sure there is an opening at DFS lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Sofa tactic Dal !!!

I'm sure there is an opening at DFS lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:42 pm

Nice seams on the fronts of the arms and the sides of the back cushions. Did you sew them, or glue them?

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 11:19 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Nice seams on the fronts of the arms and the sides of the back cushions. Did you sew them, or glue them?

All folded and stapled David cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 11:22 pm

The seat seems a little tall. In my opinion. Could be uncomfortable.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 7:52 am

ActionYankee wrote:
The seat seems a little tall. In my opinion. Could be uncomfortable.

The height is relative to a figures seated position Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Added a few more bits, would have posted some pics yesterday, but lost my alien in a jar Suspect , found him now tho! cheers . Can you spot him???

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 DSC00021
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 5:25 pm

I’m loving that you’v added a few more bits Dal. I spotted the alien in a jar, it’s on the middle shelf it’s the jar with the bright yellow stopper and the little dark red alien in it.

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Added a few more bits, would have posted some pics yesterday, but lost my alien in a jar Suspect , found him now tho! cheers . Can you spot him???

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 DSC00021

Hi Dal
its really starting to take shape now.. I'm loving the little details .. all you Dio's have a great 1/6th scale "eye".. must take a long time to track stuff down ?

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Looking good cheers

With everything in the bookcases are looking great.

Chris
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:11 am

Where will the magician poster fit? Crying or Very sad

Is that the Battle of Trafalgar above the fireplace?

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next