Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carded Purchase

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Right im not up on the old carded stuff but i bought these just so i could rip the puttees off so do you reckon these are puttees on this card ????

Carded Purchase KGrHqJqQFDtWQkccBRDjf-cv8Q60_12_zpsa0f8259f
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:08 pm

They do look like it Dan
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
NAVY FROGMAN
ghost recon

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Odd to see puttees with a Aussie hat as the two aren't of normal pairing. Right colour though , but I'm curious as to why they would be included??
Not up on this set so do let me know also.
Back to top Go down

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Dan, can you lell me how the bottom of the boots are marked? Hasbro Hong Kong R or whatever!

Thanks, Rick
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:33 pm

I will let you know as soon as they arrive :-)
Back to top Go down
Joe90
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Joe90

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 pm

joeman wrote:
Dan, can you lell me how the bottom of the boots are marked? Hasbro Hong Kong R or whatever!

Thanks, Rick
Rick, as far as I know, all Palitoy versions of this boot were marked Hasbro to differentiate them from the Tommy Gunn and Fighting Yank variations.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 am

Joe90 wrote:
joeman wrote:

Thanks, Rick
Rick, as far as I know, all Palitoy versions of this boot were marked Hasbro to differentiate them from the Tommy Gunn and Fighting Yank variations.

Well here they are mate fresh off the card and doug is correct they are marked hasbro with the number 2 on both Shocked Evil or Very Mad No Sad

Can you believe that !!!!!! affraid

Carded Purchase IMG_2086_zps35a77ecd

Carded Purchase IMG_2087_zps9eb4128d

Carded Purchase IMG_2088_zpsdc5b1706

The puttees were sun faded in parts so it seems the sun penetrates the plastic quite easily which is what i dont buy carded bits as ive heard some real horror stories (A chap bought a Carded Panzer Captain for over £100 kept and admired it for a few years, then decided to decard and the uniform fell apart in his hands the only surviving bits were the sticky hat,and belt the map stuck in the tube and faded scarf Sad )

Such an expensive pair of jack boots luger and binouculars Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Anyways here they are and to be honest they will look fine once wrapped around my paras ankles Smile

Carded Purchase IMG_2082_zps423a0044

Carded Purchase IMG_2084_zps42284d8b

Carded Purchase IMG_2085_zps665a16c1

So here are all the bits off the card the Hat was perfect so hes gone on my G I Joe Jungle Marine as his was rock hard Laughing Laughing

Carded Purchase IMG_2089_zps0363f1da

Glad i only paid a tenner for it Razz #

and got this one for £1.90 i only bought this as the postage was £3.75 so thought id throw this in as well Smile

Carded Purchase IMG_2091_zpsc98e1b5c

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 am

what a result Dan !, well done sir cheers
Back to top Go down
ak615
Heavy Weapons
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am

A tenner !!!! you was done it says 99p on the card Razz cyclops
Wonder with inflation and the like if 99p from back when equates to £10 these days. scratch
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 am

DOUBT IT MATE THE AVERAGE WAGE THEN WAS £50 PER WEEK NOW ITS £200 SO QUARTER THAT AND YOU GET 99P IS EQUAL TO £4 IN TODAYS MONEY Shocked

AT LEAST I THINK THATS RIGHT scratch scratch scratch scratch lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ak615
Heavy Weapons
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 am

So what we are saying is invest in Action man carded items and you will quadruple your money Shocked
Just off to trade up the missus valentines presents cheers she`ll thank me for it in the long run. bounce
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
NAVY FROGMAN
ghost recon

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Well this turned into quite the lil corker Dan. Boots alone are hard enough to find stamped let alone original puttees. Lucky sod.
Back to top Go down

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 am

Thanks, I have same boots, but marked 1 and 2, probably doesn't matter.

You got a great deal, all quality stuff, the fades will easily be covered on the puttees, I'm sure!

Thanks, Rick
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 am

joeman wrote:
Thanks, I have same boots, but marked 1 and 2, probably doesn't matter.

You got a great deal, all quality stuff, the fades will easily be covered on the puttees, I'm sure!

Thanks, Rick

Rick they are supposed to be Stamped Hasbro 1 and 2 the ones on this card are both 2 which means i have two left feet Sad

Still if you ask the missus whats new lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:50 am

I never did work out why the puttes were there ??

They fit with the boots as they were both for the para which is why i bought the set for my para variations but the hat has me at a loss too Ade ?????

But it was nice to have a mint one for my jungle marine at last Smile

Thanks guys keep an eye out for my paras thanks to this card and Ade Smile cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 am

Dan,

I've got the same type boots for my Para which were from a decarded Para uniform, they're both marked 2 as well.
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

Carded Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carded Purchase   Carded Purchase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carded Purchase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Identity Requests-
Jump to: