Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Caught on Camera!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Action Pilot
LeStryge

Caught on Camera! Empty
PostSubject: Caught on Camera!   Caught on Camera! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 2:20 am

In the course of buying from sellers on eBay, and their generosity in throwing in odd bits and pieces as well as your purchase, I have acquired something of a mixed bag of oddities.
One piece which I can only describe as some sort of a rubber "gimp mask" had me searching for some idea how to use it in a set up.

I also had a skin tight, very well made black leotard sort of thing left over from when I was going to use it as a wet-suit, but I found something better.
Anyway, inspiration finally struck

Gentlemen, ...and Lady, ....I give you "The CAT BURGLAR"!

P.S. NO photoshopping was used in this photo.
(Did think about making it some sort of "Mission Highly Improbable" stunt, but just liked the Cat Burglar idea better.)

Caught on Camera! Emg1hC

And yes, he did fall a few times during the set up, but luckily not very far and was thankfully unhurt.
The stunts I ask my MAMs to do! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

SCU_HQ
SCRAMBLE PILOT
SCU_HQ

Caught on Camera! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caught on Camera!   Caught on Camera! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 3:10 am

Yikes! I feel dizzy just looking at the photo! What floor is this?

He fell... but not far? Shocked And so... you were able to dash down thirty flights of stairs and catch him before he hit the pavement?

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

Caught on Camera! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caught on Camera!   Caught on Camera! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Yikes! I feel dizzy just looking at the photo! What floor is this? Don’t get me wrong it’s very well put together.

LeStryge
Action Pilot
LeStryge

Caught on Camera! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caught on Camera!   Caught on Camera! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 11:57 pm

This one was a lot of fun to do!

Again as I said there is no photoshopping involved. It's a perfectly ordinary, un-retouched studio photo.
It just uses a bit of old Hollywood fool-the-eye "magic".

And yes, my MAM did indeed fall a couple of times, but he couldn't fall any more than about 6" at most.
You see that while your eye tells you the shot is made looking down vertically, it was actually all done horizontally.

So how? (Should I be revealing my tricks? Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad )

Well first up there's that vertiginous background photo,......I cut the foreground ledge off that and pasted it onto some cardboard and moved it forward.
In the gap between both bits that you can't see, MAM's body is actually lying horizontally on a couple of old VHS covers that happened to be the right height and are hidden behind the ledge flat piece. He had to be balanced right on the very edge of those boxes so that they wouldn't show and his legs could "dangle" freely as though in mid-air, and that's how he slipped off and fell a few times.

Fix his hands over the front flat like he's gripping onto the ledge, then get the camera angle just right and the result fools the eye into thinking he's in real danger of slipping to certain death from a very great height.

So now I've just gone and ruined the illusion I worked so hard to set up!  No  No  No

Really enjoyed doing this quite simple old-style movie set up.

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SCU_HQ
SCRAMBLE PILOT
SCU_HQ

Caught on Camera! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caught on Camera!   Caught on Camera! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 am

No way! That's awesomely clever! After reading the description of how you did it, I went back and scrutinized the photo. It still looks like he's dangling from the ledge! Great work!

LeStryge
Action Pilot
LeStryge

Caught on Camera! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caught on Camera!   Caught on Camera! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:10 am

Can I just say that despite you now knowing the trick, that I'm delighted it's still fooling your eye? lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Caught on Camera! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caught on Camera!   Caught on Camera! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caught on Camera!
Page 1 of 1