ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.

Go down 
+3
the_pauley
BAMComix
JohnnyE4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Empty
PostSubject: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 2:37 am

Yes, you read that correctly - a Frank Sinatra kitbash.  Smile

Kitbash inspiration comes from the strangest of sources and this time it was during a viewing of the classic MGM musical 'On The Town' with Sinatra as one of three singing and dancing sailors on shore leave in New York City.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. On-th-etown

Et voila!  The smart USN white uniform is from a GI Joe Classic Collection set.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 005

Complete with his famous Ol' Blue Eyes, or in this case young blue eyes as this figure is Sinatra from the 1940s during his period as a teen heartthrob.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 006

And now you're wondering, where the hell did he get a Frank Sinatra action figure from?

Confession time boys... he's a Ken doll!

He comes from this Barbie set with an absolutely splendidly dressed Sinatra figure from the 1940s and Barbie as a devoted 'bobbysoxer'  fan.

I'm a huge fan of Frankie, so I just had to have that set and shortly afterwards I stumbled on the naked figure on eBay, which I bought on impulse and only later did I think, "Now what am I going to do with this??"

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 004

However GI Joe wants his uniform back and it's  much better fit on him.

Come to think of it that Joe would make  a good Gene Kelly look-alike to go with Frankie's sailor.   If only Frankie wasn't so lanky! Very Happy

Note, that despite his limited articulation, he has more points of articulation than the crappy 2018 Action Man range and he doesn't have short, stumpy arms either.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 007

HIT IT BOYS!!!

On the Town (link)

Last edited by the_pauley on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 am

Excellent! I would love to have a sailor suit to fit Frankie!

Instead, he has to settle for a Captain Action uniform:

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 40109002654_a55ac192db_z

Mattel issued two versions of the Frank Sinatra figure. This one is from the Barbie release called "Barbie Loves Frank Sinatra," as the_pauley pictures above. The set includes a "bobby soxer" version of Barbie, a microphone, and a miniature 78rpm record in addition to the 1940s style Frank figure.

Mattel also issued a "Frank Sinatra: The Recording Years" version featuring a 1960s era likeness of the Chairman of the Board.

If you keep an eye on eBay, the "Barbie Loves Frank Sinatra" set occasionally turns up at very affordable prices.

The Frank figure is a good likeness.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 46736264705_d6955bf671_z
Frank at the Piano

For me, the major drawback of the Mattel Sinatra figure is the extremely long "giraffe neck." I think the long neck was designed to work with the jacket and necktie the figure wears, but it becomes distractingly obvious with other costumes.

I love the way the Joe uniform fits your Sinatra fig, the_pauley. He's lean and lanky and awkward and gangly, just like young Frank looks in the shore leave films. In this case, the long neck works with the uniform.

Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 4:02 am

It'ssssssss  Frankie!!!!!!!!!!!

great guy I used to work with him in Palm Springs back in the 80's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 8:06 am

very cool guys bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 5:07 pm

The 'Recording Years' figure (from his Capitol Records period) is quite superb, although why it's called that is a bit of a mystery, as he recorded just as many records in the era recreated in the Barbie package. ! Smile

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 272ba43b927aa342ec71a053780ef6ca
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 5:31 pm

I think I suddenly NEEED the Recording Years version. That dress suit he's wearing is excellent!

Last time I looked, the Recording Years version tended to command a higher price on da Bay than the Forties version.

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 7:01 pm

the_pauley wrote:
Yes, you read that correctly - a Frank Sinatra kitbash.  Smile

Kitbash inspiration comes from the strangest of sources and this time it was during a viewing of the classic MGM musical 'On The Town' with Sinatra as one of three singing and dancing sailors on shore leave in New York City.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. On-th-etown

Et voila!  The smart USN white uniform is from a GI Joe Classic Collection set.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 005

Complete with his famous Ol' Blue Eyes, or in this case young blue eyes as this figure is Sinatra from the 1940s during his period as a teen heartthrob.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 006

And now you're wondering, where the hell did he get a Frank Sinatra action figure from?

Confession time boys... he's a Ken doll!

He comes from this Barbie set with an absolutely splendidly dressed Sinatra figure from the 1940s and Barbie as a devoted 'bobbysoxer'  fan.

I'm a huge fan of Frankie, so I just had to have that set and shortly afterwards I stumbled on the naked figure on eBay, which I bought on impulse and only later did I think, "Now what am I going to do with this??"

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 004

However GI Joe wants his uniform back and it's  much better fit on him.

Come to think of it that Joe would make  a good Gene Kelly look-alike to go with Frankie's sailor.   If only Frankie wasn't so lanky! Very Happy

Note, that despite his limited articulation, he has more points of articulation than the crappy 2018 Action Man range and he doesn't have short, stumpy arms either.

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 007

HIT IT BOYS!!!

On the Town (link)

While the long neck is a bit distracting, giving him a white t-shirt would help with that as well as the overall fit of the uniform.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 3:27 am

Good ole Frankie!cheers

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 4:27 am

He's a great figure and of course very skinny which was LONG before the "Crankie-Frankie" days but he does seem to have such a very long neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:46 am

Re THAT neck:
It is such a shame and does spoil the figure.
Would it be worth trying a bit of kitbash surgery to reduce it to more realistic proportions?
I'm pretty sure the neck joint would be a fairly simple one to lower.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 am

Vegas, 1960-something – The Chairman of the Board meets The King of Rock and Roll:

Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. 26290031308_c572901fd5_z

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Really cool!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Great shot Dave!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.   Kitbash:  Frank Sinatra. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kitbash: Frank Sinatra.
Page 1 of 1