ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GI Joe Shore Patrol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

GI Joe Shore Patrol Empty
PostSubject: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 7:01 pm

My Shore Patrol guys.

First up the original GI Joe versions.   On the left is the 1964 version with the kitbag and on the right the 1967 version with the more appropriate radio replacing the kitbag and  the original helmet changed to a striped version.  

This is  a terrific uniform and I'm baffled as to why Palitoy didn't choose to include it in the 1966 Action Sailor line, a decision which meant that the UK didn't get a USN "dress blues" uniform.

GI Joe Shore Patrol 002

The original 1964 set came with the standard sailor "dixie cup" hat, with the helmet available only on  a small card.

GI Joe Shore Patrol 003

Next up was is a kitbash inspired by the character played by Otis Young in the film 'The Last Detail'.

GI Joe Shore Patrol Lastdetail2

The basis of the kitbash is the splendid pea jacket, made by Cotwsold Collectibles.  One can never have enough Cotswold pea coats! Smile

GI Joe Shore Patrol The-Last-Detail-1

GI Joe Shore Patrol The-Last-Detail-2

GI Joe Shore Patrol The-Last-Detail-3-Copy

The next two guys are kitbashes of Shore Patrol personnel in USN "dress whites".  There were something of an afterthought for Hasbro, having never been produced in the 1960s GI Joe run, but they did include them in quite  a few GI Joe Classic Collection era sets.   Again, a terrific looking uniform with the only blot on Hasbro's copybook being that they put the rank insignia on the right sleeve when it should be on the left sleeve along with the service stripes.

GI Joe Shore Patrol WWII-US-Navy-Shore-Patrol-Dress-Whites-1

GI Joe Shore Patrol WWII-US-Navy-Shore-Patrol-Dress-Whites-3

GI Joe Shore Patrol WWII-US-Navy-Shore-Patrol-Dress-Whites-4

The SPs assembled and ready to raid some bars!

GI Joe Shore Patrol 001
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 2:23 am

These figures are superb! I love seeing the early '60s guys in full original kit! (And sometimes, in your photos, full original with improvements kit!)

Your research into the original releases continues to impress me, as does the depth and scope of your collection.

Looks like Frank Sinatra had better mind his manners, because the Shore Patrol is out in force!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 4:27 am

Wow Paulie, you have a most impressive collection! I really love the way you have organized your figures. I hope you don't mind me posting a photo of a few of my swabbies.

Thanks,
Brian

GI Joe Shore Patrol Page_1

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 6:14 am

I loved that "musical" USO show photo-story! Happy to see an excerpt from it again!

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 6:32 am

Agree with you on those Cotswold pea-coats! Fantastic!
And the "Otis Young" bash is a real beauty!

But I'm a bit worried over the look of those flesh coloured-batons your boys are brandishing!
Are you sure they didn't come from an altogether ......er, "different" set?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Maybe a little paint job might go a way to allaying any misinterpretations....?  lol!

I've got a Shore Patrol Man amongst my Navy Boys. I'll see if I can get a pic of him. Of course the outfit is MAM, and not VAM,....but it might make an interesting comparison.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I loved that "musical" USO show photo-story! Happy to see an excerpt from it again!

Thanks Dave!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 4:44 am

So here's my G.I. Joe MAM Navy Shore Patrolman.
His uniform was carded and I've added the handcuffs and the probably non-uniform type of baton just because I thought they looked good.

Unlike the_pauley, I cannot attest to any authenticity but I thought it might make an interesting comparison.

So the pants be tucked into the boots and bloused, maybe webbing spats...or were the trouser legs just left out over the boots?

(Sorry about the pretty ordinary posing, but as he's usually only required to stand with my other Navy boys on a shelf, I've used one of my less articulated MAMs to wear the outfit. So he's one of my men that are into S&M.......Stand and Model!  lol!  )

GI Joe Shore Patrol NTN6EF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Shore Patrol   GI Joe Shore Patrol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GI Joe Shore Patrol
Page 1 of 1