ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the_pauley's men

Go down 
+3
BAMComix
FIELD STATION 42
the_pauley
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Superb collection! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Superb collection! cheers cheers cheers

I completely agree!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 am

This thread is pretty epic for eye-candy!!

Nice collection Pauley! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm

My Germans

First off is this WWI German Corporal, a GI Joe Foreign Soldiers set from 2000. I jettisoned the Classic Collection Joe and put the uniform on a painted head Action Man.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWI-1

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWI-2

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWI-3

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWI-4

Afrika Korps.

From Left to right - the Internationals version, a kitbash using all Palitoy kit apart from the Cotswold brown jackboots, another kitbash using all Palitoy kit with custom repro insignia, the original Action Man set and another kitbash using a Geyper Man jumpsuit with custom repro insignia, a Cotswold scarf and the rest of the kit all Palitoy.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Afrika-Korps

Colditz.

The fully kitted guard is on the far right, but I never thought he would be wearing a full field pack and medal while on sentry duty, hence the others having a more stripped down look. Come to think of it, I don't think they'd be wearing a pistol and holster while being equipped with the MP40.

And yes, I've just noticed that the guy on the far right has his helmet on back to front! DUUUUH! Sad

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Colditz

Paratroopers.

The Internationals German Paratrooper with the addition of webbing, rifle and grenades from the last issue Stormtrooper set and the Tsukuda Fallschirmjager.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Falschrimjager

Next three German winter combat kitbashes

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Winter-group

This first guy is a mix of Dragon, BBI, Cotswold and Gearbox kit, with a Palitoy MP40.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 German-Winter-Combat-III

The splendid white canteen, gas mask canister and mess tin are all by Cotswold and have a deliberately "rough" appearance to simulate how the German troops painted their standard kit white for winter camouflage.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 German-Winter-Combat-III-1

This next guy is once again a mixture of Dragon, BBI and Gearbox kit with a Palitoy MP40.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWII-German-Army-Winter-Combat

And the helmet, canteen, gas mask canister and mess tin are once again Cotswold kit.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWII-German-Army-Winter-Combat-1

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWII-German-Army-Winter-Combat-2

This final guy is once again a mixture of Dragon, BBI and Gearbox kit with ammo pouches and machine gun by Cotswold.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWII-German-Army-Mountain-Troops

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWII-German-Army-Mountain-Troops-1

the_pauley's men - Page 3 WWII-German-Army-Mountain-Troops-3

Next some Stormtrooper kitbashes.

From left to right - a combination of Colditz Kommandant gear and last issue Stormtrooper kit, a last issue Stormtrooper uniform with SOTC Stormtrooper backpack and belt and a Fallschirmjager shirt, a guy with a combination of Colditz Kommandant gear, SOTC MP40 and belt, the bright green backpack from a late issue variant of the original Stormtrooper set and a Cotswold cap. The final guy is kitted out in a late issue Stormtrooper uniform with SOTC Stormtrooper belt, pistol and holster and a Cotswold scarf and cap...

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Kitbashes-1

...and with a Cotswold map case and gas mask canister.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Kitbashes-2

Luftwaffe

From left to right - the original Action Man set, a kitbash using the Action Man uniform, a Cotswold Cap and scarf and the SOTC Stormtrooper belt and holster/pistol, then two splendidly detailed figures from the GI Joe Battle of Britain convention set, that also came with two RAF Pilots similarly kitted out.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Luftwaffe

Next up, my officers,

From left to right - The Panzer Captain, the Staff Officer and a kitbash of Colonel Hessler, Robert Shaw's character from 'Battle of the Bulge'.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Officers

And finally, all the variations of the officially issued Stormtroopers.

From left to right the original SOTC/SOTW Stormtrooper, here displayed on a Foreign Head "sourpuss" GI Joe, a late variant of the set that came equipped with Afrika Korps brown webbing and Kar rifle, another variant that came with a bright green field pack with no fur, and finally the last issue Stormtrooper..

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Stormtroopers-3

A closer look at the field pack.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Stormtrooper-backpack-Backpack

The two variant cards.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Stormtrooper-Cards

And finally, too many figures (I've just realised I've got 30 Germans - GULP!) for a group shot, but here's a gang-bang shot of most of the Stormtroopers. Smile

the_pauley's men - Page 3 Group
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Great german sets and kit bashes , I love the gebirgsjagers!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaventhe_pauley's men - Page 3 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 11:10 pm

I never cease to be amazed at the number and variety of your wonderful collection.
Truly awe-inspiring stuff!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 am

WOWSER! You have a very nice collection! cheers

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 am

WOWSER! You have a very nice collection! cheers

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 am

"Awe-inspiring," says LeStryge, and he is absolutely correct. I must have spent hours looking at pictures of the German Soldier GI Joe in the Sears and Montgomery Ward mail order catalogs when I was a kid, but I never had one, or never even saw one. To see so many German GI Joe /Action Man figures together is... to say "it makes me smile" to see a bunch of Nazi stormtroopers probably sounds weird, huh? Or could get me arrested in this day and age where you can't even laugh about things like that. But smiling and laughing is what I'm doing, because seeing all these guys kitted out in so many variations of German WWII combat gear is like a childhood dream!

And no, I didn't grow up to become a friggin' Nazi. I just liked WWII stuff when I was a kid, like many kids of my generation did (we grew up watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes and Rat Patrol and Combat), and seeing all these German soldiers is pretty darned... awe-inspiring!

And once again, your scholarship about both WWII period authentic uniforms and of Action Man / GI Joe (not to mention Cotswald and all the rest) releases is seriously impressive. Thank you for continuing to share your expertise and knowledge.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 7:51 am

Great work, superb figures!
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 7:27 am

My Russians. Smile

First of all the classic SOTC/SOTW Russian Infantryman, here displayed on a GI Joe Foreign Head "Sourpuss" figure. One of my all time favourite uniforms in the GI Joe/Action Man range.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 1-SOTC

Palitoy's next official release was the jacket, on a Quartermasters Store card with the rare cloth cap replacing the fur hat. I've added a belt and the pants and boots from the SOTC set.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 2-Equipment-Centre

Palitoy's final Russian release was the splendid Internationals basic uniform, to which I've added a belt as well as the grenades and binocular case from the SOTC set

the_pauley's men - Page 3 3-Internationals

Next up a kitbash of a Russian Gunner using all Palitoy kit.

The helmet and boots are from the Internationals set, the shirt and pants from the Equipment Centre small cards, the belt and ammo box are from the SOTC set and the piece de resistance is Palitoy's superb Kalashnikov gun.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 4-Kalasnnikov-2

Next up is a Russian Officer that started life as a Hasbro 12" figure from their 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' series of figures.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 4a-indy

I was lucky enough to pick up the uniform on its own for the princely sum of a fiver on eBay.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 5-Indy-1

The headsculpt is one of Dreams and Visions terrific GI Joe Crewcut range, which I thought looked perfect for a Russian officer.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 6-Indy-2

Next up a couple of late issue Hasbro Joe sets.

The first was this GI Foreign soldiers Red Army Infantryman, released in 2000. As usual I chucked the Classic Collection figure and put the uniform on a 40th painted head figure. I think this guy looks more battle ready than the SOTC/SOTW Russian, which looks more like he's wearing a dress uniform.

A terrific set.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 7-Red-Army-Infantryman

This next GI Joe Battle Gear small card formed the basis for this next kitbash.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 8-Hasbro-Batlle-gear

I used the shirt, belt holster, pistol, binoculars and the Molotov cocktails. The helmet was a rather strange blue colour so I replaced it with a green Russian helmet by Cotswold and found another use for the blue one. The pants are Dragon and the boots are from the GI Joe Foreign Soldiers Red Army uniform.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 9-HAsbro-Battle-Gear-Russian

The next kitbash uses the tunic, pants and boots from the GI Joe Foreign Soldiers Red Army set, a Cotswold helmet, a dragon Russian kit bag and the grenade pouch I think is 21st Century (not certain).

the_pauley's men - Page 3 10-Kitbash-1

The great looking Mosin Nagant rifle is another superb Cotswold piece, based on an unproduced Palitoy prototype.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 11-Kitbash-2

And here's what I used the blue helmet for (with a red star sticker I added).

This Russian Navy kitbash was inspired after a viewing of the Cuban missile crisis sequence in 'X-Men First class'. The tunic and pants are from the Action Man Sailor basic figure, the striped shirt I painted myself with fabric paints and the belt is from the SOTC set. The Kalashnikov is from Cotswold, based on a another Palitoy prototype that was never produced.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 IMG-0263

Next up is a Russian Winter Combat kitbash, using an Adventurer white sweater, Royal Marine Mountain and Arctic jacket and pants and the hat, belt and boots from the SOTC Russian. The Russian PS43 sub-machine gun is of unknown origin as I got it in a job lot of bits.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 12WInter

And finally, one of my favourites of all my kitbashes, this Russian Officer.

Hat, belt boots and binoculars and case are from the SOTC Russian set. I dyed a colditz Escape Officer coat and pants dark green to match the SOTC Russian uniform.

The white scarf is by Cotswold and the entire outfit is displayed on a GI Joe Collectors Club membership figure which gave us a unique flock haired and bearded version of the GI Joe Foreign Head "Sourpuss" head sculpt. I thought he was perfect for this uniform.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 13-Officer

The various Hasbro releases and kitbashes...

the_pauley's men - Page 3 A

...with the three originals.

the_pauley's men - Page 3 B
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 am

Again I am at a loss for words to describe your extensive collection and the many hours of time you must have put into improving it with not only what's available, but making and painting accessories as well.
Epic stuff in every way! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am

wonderful! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Another fantastic set of kit bashes, I think that the Russians where an under explored uniform source for Action man. Maybe because of the cold war. great job , love your bashes , inspirational

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaventhe_pauley's men - Page 3 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's men   the_pauley's men - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the_pauley's men
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Collections-
Jump to: