Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Landing Signal Officer
LeStryge

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 1:34 am

I also have the Asian bloke, but he does look good in that grey pullover, so now I have to get me one of those too!

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 2:01 am

LeStryge wrote:
I also have the Asian bloke, but he does look good in that grey pullover, so now I have to get me one of those too!

The pullover is from one of the GI Joe Soldiers of the World figures, Belgian Para-Commando. He's wearing the pullover underneath his camo uniform.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 11:16 am

wonderful images Dave! They all look awesome cheers cheers cheers

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 12:19 am

Someone on another venue suggested that Nellie (Smart Doll Kanata) resembles a Bond villainess; if that is the case, she merits inclusion here:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 January3

Landing Signal Officer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 2:00 am

I heavily suspect she's one of those characters so often in movies that are initially presented as being unattractive and nerdy, but upon simply removing the glasses and the letting down of her hair is instantly revealed as being gorgeous.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 4:06 am

LeStryge wrote:
I heavily suspect she's one of those characters so often in movies that are initially presented as being unattractive and nerdy, but upon simply removing the glasses and the letting down of her hair is instantly revealed as being gorgeous.

I agree.. Very Happy

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 8:01 am

Great looking figure Dave! bounce bounce bounce

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 1:57 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 January6a

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 January6b

Shocked I found this 13-inch (33cm) Robby the Robot at Walmart today... for $20 USD.

Made of plastic, it walks, it talks (saying several phrases from the Forbidden Planet movie soundtrack), and it lights up!

Twenty bucks!

There were three on the shelf. I seriously considered buying all three. I seriously considered purchasing two, one to open and one to keep mint in package... because look at that box art, based on the original 1950s movie poster!. Not the kind of thing you usually see in the toy aisle at Walmart. I ended up buying just one, because my "toy hoarding" days are over. I do not have the resources or the space to buy and store a bunch of boxed toys.

But then I got home and looked on eBay. One of these sold today for $116 USD!

I am feeling like such a moron! I knew I should have bought more than one. I knew this was a much better toy than is usually found at Walmart. I knew twenty stinkin' bucks was a flat-out steal for a figure of this size, with these functions, with this packaging, and with this much attention to detail.

Unfortunately, it's a 1-1/2 hour drive one-way to Walmart. Not worthwhile in time or fuel to turn around and go back, hoping the remaining two will still be on the shelf.

I feel like such an idiot. I knew these were something special.

Now, it is possible that Walmart will regularly carry these, and the secondary market prices will come back to Earth. Then again, Walmart occasionally gets really nice toys in stock once, and then you never see them again, and the secondary market prices skyrocket. It happened with Monster High C. A. Cupid dolls (I ran across a dozen of them at the original price of $15, thought meh and passed them up, and they never showed up on the shelves again, with secondary market prices reaching $100 for a while, before leveling off around $50-$75.) It happened with those 21st Century 1:18 scale Panzer Tanks and halftracks - they appeared for only a few weeks during one Christmas season, and now the tanks sometimes bring hundreds of dollars.

While I bought the robot for myself, I think I will wait to open it for a few weeks to see what happens to the secondary market prices.

I knew I should have bought them all. Worst case scenario, if I'd kept the receipt I could have returned them.

Anyway... check it out! Looks pretty cool, huh?

Landing Signal Officer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 2:44 am

ENVY.....ENVY...ENVY!!!
GREAT figure and I've always liked "Forbidden Planet".

Does that Walmart have an online shop?
Could save you the drive.
This is the exact same figure and box art as yours but apparently has an additional remote controlled function.
Just look at the price being asked! affraid

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Robbie-The-Robot-Remote-Control-Trendmasters-Vintage-99-Toy-NIB-Forbidden-Planet/233423183747?hash=item36591b1f83:g:wYYAAOSwn1Jd52ur
Then pull down and look at the selected suggestions. All WAY over $20.
What a bargain you got!
Dammit Dave , had you bought more than one I myself would have been begging you to let me buy one from you!

Last edited by LeStryge on Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Heavy Weapons
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 2:45 am

awesome score
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
SCU_HQ
Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 3:03 am

LeStryge wrote:

Dammit Dave , had you bought more than one I myself would have been begging you to let me buy one from you!

I know, man, I screwed up.

This one is made by Trendmasters. I suspect it is identical to the remote control version, only it's not remote control.

Walmart has an online site, but I checked, and this item is not listed online.

I will definitely check next time I'm at Walmart, but I do not expect to see these in stock again.

Green Beret
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 7:15 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
[center]SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 January6a

Shocked I found this 13-inch (33cm) Robby the Robot at Walmart today... for $20 USD

Twenty bucks!

But then I got home and looked on eBay. One of these sold today for $116 USD!

I knew I should have bought them all. Worst case scenario, if I'd kept the receipt I could have returned them.

Bad luck Dave!...but at least you have that one. It looks great!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 8:00 am

I think we have all had those moments Dave, still at least you have that one, a perfect companion for Dr Evil???

Landing Signal Officer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 pm

Dave, could you by any chance ring Walmart Customer Service and get some compliant staff member to put the robots aside (should they still be there) for you to pick up at a later date?
I have done something similar to this with success.
They may even have more stock "out back"?

Green Beret
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 7:18 am

The secret's already out!

I've seen a couple of Facebook posts advising people that Walmart has these robots in stock. The shelves have no doubt been cleared by now! Rolling Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 3:21 pm

Don't kick yourself Dave! Been there done that too...
Great pickup!

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 7:11 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Don't kick yourself Dave! Been there done that too...
Great pickup!

Compared to what you're going through, this is nothing! Just something to whine about for the sake of whining!

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 5:50 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 January9a
Tonner Dolls Lady Action

Lady Action, aka The Lady Nichola Lauren Sinclair, commonly referred to around the studio (when she's not within earshot) as The Suit from Corporate or The Fascist Fashionista, is the general administrator in charge of production here at South Central Utah Productions. She rarely emerges from her ivory tower, but is seen here feigning an inspection tour of of the production facilities for promotional purposes.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 7:54 am

Great looking figure Dave! bounce bounce bounce

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 5:06 pm

Miss Action! Very Happy

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 9:04 pm

I wish I could find a decent Land Rover in 1:6 scale:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 29869062340_7d7c496144

Oh well, have to settle for forced persective.

Lesney Matchbox

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 11:08 pm

Great shot Dave cheers

Landing Signal Officer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 11:18 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
....AND no doubt AFFORD it if you did! Things in that scale never come cheap!

SCU_HQ wrote:
Oh well, have to settle for forced perspective.

Just another of the "tricks-of-the-trade" Dave!
Often used in movies too!
I have a magnificent model of the Apollo Moonlander, but it's in about 1/18 scale.
I used the same process in my "Houston, We Have a Problem" post.

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 6:45 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
....AND no doubt AFFORD it if you did! Things in that scale never come cheap!

Yeah, there's that. Probably better off buying a real one! Razz

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

Okay, time for some fussin' with Phicens! I've been stalling on "playing with" my most recent Phicen figure because I suspected the dressing (and undressing) process would be cumbersome and time-consuming. My suspicions were confirmed this evening. Dressing a seamless figure takes a while. Undressing one takes a while. The clothes do not slide on and off very easily, and caution is required to avoid bending or breaking the internal armature or puncturing or tearing the rubber body.

Outfit Number One is a 21st Century female military costume I purchased on eBay specifically for this figure. While the uniform is not designed for seamless figures, it fits fairly well. However, the fabric is relatively thick and heavy, which works on the slimmer 21st Century action figure bodies, but adds to the bulk of the seamless fig. In short... it makes her look kinda fat.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Tbl1

The fit around the neck looks not quite right, giving an uncomfortable appearance. Opening the top one or two snaps looks sloppy, not sexy or comfortable. This uniform also includes a necktie, which is made of the same weight of fabric as the rest of the uniform, so it does not drape properly or look right. There is also an outer jacket. The jacket is nicely detailed and of good quality, but the overall effect when added on top of the blouse and skirt is simply too bulky.

After considerable time spent trying Barbie, Bratz, and Monster High bits and pieces, none of which fit over the seamless figure's hips or shoulders, I thought it might be fun to try for a "Space Babe" look with a Playing Mantis "Ming the Merciless" costume. To my surprise, the evil space emperor costume fit fairly well. Not perfectly, but close enough to fake it. I snugged it up in back with a paper clip to make it a bit more form-fitting... because what's the point of a TBLeague/Phicen figure if the outfits aren't form-fitting? It took forever to work those tights up over the rubber legs.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Tbl2

This costume fit better than I expected it would, but not as well as I hoped it would. If I could find some reasonably priced bright red "hot pants" or a "Supergirl" style miniskirt to replace the bottom half of the costume I might try it again. The collar is too thick, at least to my eye. It might be possible to carefully remove an inside layer of fabric to address that. Or possibly just ironing it might flatten it a bit. A few tiny safety pins might snug up the top better than did my paper clip trick. And she needs headgear, a golden tiara maybe. I might have something like that among my Bratz or Barbie bits, but I couldn't find anything in the box I had at hand.

Finally I began experimenting with GI Joe uniforms, and started getting closer to a look I liked – safari chic! Or... Safari Chick chic!

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Tbl3a

I think the shirt is from one of the GI Joe Japanese soldier figures. The trousers, belt, boots, and webbing-used-as-belt are from the Belgian Commando figure. The satchel is from the 21st Century female military uniform. The pith helmet is a GI Joe piece, I'm not sure from where.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Tbl4a

I think I have a rifle that has a "safari express rifle" appearance to it around here somewhere. I'll have to look for it tomorrow... because, y'know, action figures need weapons to be full-fledged action figures. And I'd say Miss Phicen here is finally starting to look like a legit action figure, ready for an adventure in Dinosaur Valley!
Wink

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 8:07 am

Great too see you experimenting with the phicens Dave. In truth I think the phicens are better suited to dresses or skirts as the hips and thighs can be extremely hard to fit trousers too, having said that, tights can also be extremely hard to get over the legs.
I have found that sideshow male clothes can work well, tho sometimes the waistline can be a little high. I have also been told that Ken clothes fit really well? I have only tried this with a jacket and it does make for a comfortable fit.
Personally, I think they all look great! bounce bounce bounce

Oh on another subject, the only 1/6 scale realistic land rover I know of is a TAOWAN: 1/6 LAND ROVER WMIK released a good few years back now, and very expensive, but they are made of metal and are perfect replicas.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 20100721_4b1373ea8a2ede4738e61SeN2JwoRa1y

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: