Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 9:26 am

Miss Ming the Merciless looks cool. I have to agree Phicens are very hard to dress, which is why mine wear so little! lol!

That land rover is amazing too!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Oh on another subject, the only 1/6 scale realistic land rover I know of is a TAOWAN: 1/6 LAND ROVER WMIK released a good few years back now, and very expensive, but they are made of metal and are perfect replicas.

Thank you for that information, Mister Influence Man! That is now something I will start watching for. Razz

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Bobthemerciless1
Ming the Merciless: "Laugh at me, will they? I'll show those fools! We shall
see who has the last laugh! Mwah hah hah hah hah!"

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Bobthemerciless2
Bob the Merciless: "Not laugh at me, will they? I'll show those rubes! We shall
see who leaves them laughing last! Heh heh heh heh heh!
Oh, and, please, no flash photography! Get it? 'Flash' photography? Oh, never mind!"

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 3:20 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Finally I began experimenting with GI Joe uniforms, and started getting closer to a look I liked – safari chic! Or... Safari Chick chic!
Of course there's "safari chic".....and "SAFARI CHIC" !!!

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 UUR6h1

Dave I am VERY impressed not only with your dressed figures, but even more so with your seemingly infinite patience!

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 4:25 am

LeStryge wrote:

Of course there's "safari chic".....and "SAFARI CHIC" !!!

Dave I am VERY impressed not only with your dressed figures, but even more so with your seemingly infinite patience!

America's First Lady, right there! (Plus, that Eastern European "vampire" accent! Oh, man...!)

My patience is wearing thin when it comes to "dressing dolls." But I think the time invested in these two was worthwhile:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Safarigirlz2

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Safarigirlz1
Dinosaur Uncanny Valley Girlz... like, Totally!

I agree with your observations (in another topic) about the contrast of the "realism" of these figures relative to the VAM/MAM/Joe figs. I will try some photos to see how they work together. This "new generation" of figures is too realistic, while Barbie, Bratz, Ever After High, Wild Hearts Crew, and most playline female figs are too toylike. The stylized yet not entirely realistic Integrity lines (Dynamite Girls, Poppy Parker) might be the best current option for adding "gender diversity" to the world of VAM/MAM/Joe.

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
My patience is wearing thin when it comes to "dressing dolls."
In the photograph it looks like you'd run out of patience when you put the tights back on Ming! lol! lol! lol!

SCU_HQ wrote:
I agree with your observations (in another topic) about the contrast of the "realism" of these figures relative to the VAM/MAM/Joe figs. I will try some photos to see how they work together. This "new generation" of figures is too realistic, while Barbie, Bratz, Ever After High, Wild Hearts Crew, and most playline female figs are too toylike. The stylized yet not entirely realistic Integrity lines (Dynamite Girls, Poppy Parker) might be the best current option for adding "gender diversity" to the world of VAM/MAM/Joe.
I think you might be right there, however I myself have absolutely no trouble at all with it still being exclusively a "Man's World".
That's how it was when I was a kid and I felt absolutely no inclination at all to introduce any gender diversity back then.
That was "dolls" and no boy wanted to be accused of playing with them! lol!

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:34 am

LeStryge wrote:

I think you might be right there, however I myself have absolutely no trouble at all with it still being exclusively a "Man's World".
That's how it was when I was a kid and I felt absolutely no inclination at all to introduce any gender diversity back then.
That was "dolls" and no boy wanted to be accused of playing with them! lol!

Razz  I was going to say almost the exact same thing! I've let myself be lured in by the seamless figure pics on the forum and elsewhere, and I was realizing today that I've been neglecting my actual action figures! I have apparently accrued quite a few since joining this forum, a couple of which I already forgot I had! I'm re-discovering them as I search for clothes for the "girl dolls." Eventually, then, I'll be getting back to my "GI Joe roots" of "manly-man adventures," so to speak.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Yorkie

(Altho' I must admit to sometimes feeling discouraged when I see all the elaborate flocking on a lot of the figs on this forum. All I have are some painted-hair 40th Joes and some 21st-Century guys. No "fuzz heads" at all in my crew, and certainly none to send off to get an elaborate two-toned hairstyle with sideburns and beard.)

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
(Altho' I must admit to sometimes feeling discouraged when I see all the elaborate flocking on a lot of the figs on this forum. All I have are some painted-hair 40th Joes and some 21st-Century guys. No "fuzz heads" at all in my crew, and certainly none to send off to get an elaborate two-toned hairstyle with sideburns and beard.)
THAT is a source of envy for me too!
I have quite a few candidates that would be highly suitable for flocking, but sending out to any of the fantastic experts whose work is featured here is too cost prohibitive and I've no actual experience with flocking myself.
I think it's something I'll just have to bite the bullet, watch about 50 online tutorials and have a go myself.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Ming made me do it...

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Page_1

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm

gibri wrote:
Ming made me do it...

Shocked That was totally evil! Razz

Do you flock your figs... that never sounds right, does it... yourself, or do you send them out? And where do you find enough flockable guys... that still doesn't sound right... to start with?

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Flocktastic! cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: