Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 9:26 am

Miss Ming the Merciless looks cool. I have to agree Phicens are very hard to dress, which is why mine wear so little! lol!

That land rover is amazing too!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Oh on another subject, the only 1/6 scale realistic land rover I know of is a TAOWAN: 1/6 LAND ROVER WMIK released a good few years back now, and very expensive, but they are made of metal and are perfect replicas.

Thank you for that information, Mister Influence Man! That is now something I will start watching for. Razz

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Bobthemerciless1
Ming the Merciless: "Laugh at me, will they? I'll show those fools! We shall
see who has the last laugh! Mwah hah hah hah hah!"

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Bobthemerciless2
Bob the Merciless: "Not laugh at me, will they? I'll show those rubes! We shall
see who leaves them laughing last! Heh heh heh heh heh!
Oh, and, please, no flash photography! Get it? 'Flash' photography? Oh, never mind!"

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 3:20 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Finally I began experimenting with GI Joe uniforms, and started getting closer to a look I liked – safari chic! Or... Safari Chick chic!
Of course there's "safari chic".....and "SAFARI CHIC" !!!

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 UUR6h1

Dave I am VERY impressed not only with your dressed figures, but even more so with your seemingly infinite patience!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 4:25 am

LeStryge wrote:

Of course there's "safari chic".....and "SAFARI CHIC" !!!

Dave I am VERY impressed not only with your dressed figures, but even more so with your seemingly infinite patience!

America's First Lady, right there! (Plus, that Eastern European "vampire" accent! Oh, man...!)

My patience is wearing thin when it comes to "dressing dolls." But I think the time invested in these two was worthwhile:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Safarigirlz2

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Safarigirlz1
Dinosaur Uncanny Valley Girlz... like, Totally!

I agree with your observations (in another topic) about the contrast of the "realism" of these figures relative to the VAM/MAM/Joe figs. I will try some photos to see how they work together. This "new generation" of figures is too realistic, while Barbie, Bratz, Ever After High, Wild Hearts Crew, and most playline female figs are too toylike. The stylized yet not entirely realistic Integrity lines (Dynamite Girls, Poppy Parker) might be the best current option for adding "gender diversity" to the world of VAM/MAM/Joe.

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
My patience is wearing thin when it comes to "dressing dolls."
In the photograph it looks like you'd run out of patience when you put the tights back on Ming! lol! lol! lol!

SCU_HQ wrote:
I agree with your observations (in another topic) about the contrast of the "realism" of these figures relative to the VAM/MAM/Joe figs. I will try some photos to see how they work together. This "new generation" of figures is too realistic, while Barbie, Bratz, Ever After High, Wild Hearts Crew, and most playline female figs are too toylike. The stylized yet not entirely realistic Integrity lines (Dynamite Girls, Poppy Parker) might be the best current option for adding "gender diversity" to the world of VAM/MAM/Joe.
I think you might be right there, however I myself have absolutely no trouble at all with it still being exclusively a "Man's World".
That's how it was when I was a kid and I felt absolutely no inclination at all to introduce any gender diversity back then.
That was "dolls" and no boy wanted to be accused of playing with them! lol!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:34 am

LeStryge wrote:

I think you might be right there, however I myself have absolutely no trouble at all with it still being exclusively a "Man's World".
That's how it was when I was a kid and I felt absolutely no inclination at all to introduce any gender diversity back then.
That was "dolls" and no boy wanted to be accused of playing with them! lol!

Razz  I was going to say almost the exact same thing! I've let myself be lured in by the seamless figure pics on the forum and elsewhere, and I was realizing today that I've been neglecting my actual action figures! I have apparently accrued quite a few since joining this forum, a couple of which I already forgot I had! I'm re-discovering them as I search for clothes for the "girl dolls." Eventually, then, I'll be getting back to my "GI Joe roots" of "manly-man adventures," so to speak.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Yorkie

(Altho' I must admit to sometimes feeling discouraged when I see all the elaborate flocking on a lot of the figs on this forum. All I have are some painted-hair 40th Joes and some 21st-Century guys. No "fuzz heads" at all in my crew, and certainly none to send off to get an elaborate two-toned hairstyle with sideburns and beard.)

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
(Altho' I must admit to sometimes feeling discouraged when I see all the elaborate flocking on a lot of the figs on this forum. All I have are some painted-hair 40th Joes and some 21st-Century guys. No "fuzz heads" at all in my crew, and certainly none to send off to get an elaborate two-toned hairstyle with sideburns and beard.)
THAT is a source of envy for me too!
I have quite a few candidates that would be highly suitable for flocking, but sending out to any of the fantastic experts whose work is featured here is too cost prohibitive and I've no actual experience with flocking myself.
I think it's something I'll just have to bite the bullet, watch about 50 online tutorials and have a go myself.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Ming made me do it...

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Page_1

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm

gibri wrote:
Ming made me do it...

Shocked That was totally evil! Razz

Do you flock your figs... that never sounds right, does it... yourself, or do you send them out? And where do you find enough flockable guys... that still doesn't sound right... to start with?

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Flocktastic! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 3:47 am

DEVIL GIRL TALES

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg1

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg2

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg3

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg4

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg5

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg6

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg7

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg8

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg9

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Dg10

Heavy Weapons
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 3:58 am

keep it coming love it Cool
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 4:17 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
gibri wrote:
Ming made me do it...

Shocked  That was totally evil! Razz

Do you flock your figs... that never sounds right, does it... yourself, or do you send them out? And where do you find enough flockable guys... that still doesn't sound right... to start with?

Hey Dave, sorry, I just noticed I never answered your question, but no, I don't do flocking. The above flocks were all done by (now retired flocker) Action Burt, aka Mike Iforgethislastname. I got in just at the end of his active period. I had some heads done to order, but actually had the best results buying flocked heads he was selling on eBay. That was a great deal because not only did I get a nice custom flock job, I also got a vintage head to go with it and didn't have to come up with a head or send it off or try to decide how i wanted it, or wait for him to do it...

The other major flocker also now retired was Flocktastic aka Steve, and yes, I sent some work his way too:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Page_1

and...

Cool story, Dave!!!

Devil girl looks very likey/scarey... Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 4:28 am

Too bad the Master Flockers have retired. They did great work. I love your Dr. Quest and Race Bannon figures! Heck, I love all your custom flocked figs! They are... flocktastic!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 am

lol! lol! lol! Fantastic Dave! but I foresee a battering for that card if the girls make it to the mall! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 8:47 am

Rolling Eyes How do I miss these threads for weeks on end?? Rolling Eyes

gibri wrote:
all done by (now retired flocker) Action Burt, aka Mike Iforgethislastname.

It was 'Rees'. I remember as a big chunk of the Welsh side of my family share the name.

Great comic Dave! Women love credit cards but hate the way they come back to 'haunt' you in the form of the monthly bill. That Purgatori figure looks amazing too. I've never bought a Phicen character but was tempted with this one. Wish I had now.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 5:32 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
I've never bought a Phicen character but was tempted with this one. Wish I had now.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 7:07 pm

Damn, she's a bit spellbinding... Twisted Evil Shocked Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 10:37 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

Great comic Dave! Women love credit cards but hate the way they come back to 'haunt' you in the form of the monthly bill.

Those bills never seem to came back to haunt them at all, ....YOU on the other hand will have to find the funds to cover it!

Dave, you do realise you have Cicero currently turning in his grave !
She's chanting gibberish that was loosely based on Cicero but invented purely as filler text for demonstration books.
I doubt it will summon any spirits, but that credit card will if taken to the right liquor outlet!
I know your roseate harpy has leathery wings like a devil, but does she also have a tail? If she's lost it, then a liquor store would be the perfect place for her to go because they retail spirits.

Great shots though! Love the tiki!

somekindajoe wrote:
That Purgatori figure looks amazing too. I've never bought a Phicen character but was tempted with this one. Wish I had now.

I must say this place is rapidly going to the dogs of late! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Just about every day here another otherwise devoted VAM fan is being sucked in to the Phicen web.
Those fragile gussied up damn things are hardly deserving of a place beside even MAM, much less such a long-established and treasured childhood icon as VAM, and yet they are insinuating themselves into just about every thread now.
Fellow Joe Fans, can we please just take a moment to remember that AMMO does NOT stand for Artificially Massive Mammaries Overload.
(Or at least it's my own understanding it doesn't! Now of course I could be wrong......) lol! lol! lol!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 12:05 am

LeStryge wrote:

She's chanting gibberish that was loosely based on Cicero but invented purely as filler text for demonstration books.

I know your roseate harpy has leathery wings like a devil, but does she also have a tail?  If she's lost it, then a liquor store would be the perfect place for her to go because they retail spirits.

somekindajoe wrote:
That Purgatori figure looks amazing too. I've never bought a Phicen character but was tempted with this one. Wish I had now.

I must say this place is rapidly going to the dogs of late!
Those fragile gussied up damn things are hardly deserving of a place beside even MAM, much less such a long-established and treasured childhood icon as VAM, and yet they are insinuating themselves into just about every thread now.
Fellow Joe Fans, can we please just take a moment to remember that AMMO does NOT stand for Artificially Massive Mammaries Overload.
(Or at least it's my own understanding it doesn't! Now of course I could be wrong......)

Razz lol! Razz

While I should have expected that you would identify the source of the incantations, I am nevertheless impressed! Well done!
I left the lorem ipsum phrase in there as a clue, although I changed the order.

I know I have agreed with you previously about the shift toward girl dolls, and "AMMO" girl dolls, no less, yet here I am, guiltily but cheerfully joining the trend. I definitely need to snap some pics of some good ol' fashioned army guys to try to get back to basics.

AMMO: so that's what the acronym stands for. Shocked

"...  then a liquor store would be the perfect place for her to go because they retail spirits."
lol! lol! lol!

For what (little) it's worth, the newer Phicen/TBLeague (they changed the name, I think because the "Phicen" name became tainted by becoming linked to "fetish toys") figures are substantially more durable than the ones from a few years ago. Still, they probably wouldn't hold up too well out on the back yard dirt pile having rocks thrown at them.

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 11:25 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
For what (little) it's worth, the newer Phicen/TBLeague (they changed the name, I think because the "Phicen" name became tainted by becoming linked to "fetish toys")
Purely personally speaking here, nothing will ever convince me that there is not a "fetish" element to all of those things, whatever they are called now. Of course you can choose to not see it, but I think to the impartial eye it's definitely present, particularly in the figural exaggerations. Witness the "nudge-nudge-wink-wink" comments even here.

SCU_HQ wrote:
figures are substantially more durable than the ones from a few years ago. Still, they probably wouldn't hold up too well out on the back yard dirt pile having rocks thrown at them.
If I may get a little philosophical here for a moment, for me one of the major attractions of VAM and MAM (and a site designated to them) is that they were and remain "toys", and so often much treasured childhood playthings that facilitated our imaginations back then. They are also no longer manufactured. Now you have to either find them second hand or buy vintage examples that may come with all the vicissitudes that time and children can inflict. There's also the joy of restoring something back to its original state and having something you loved as a kid.

Phicens, (whatever) will never be childhood toys like Barbie etc. They mean something entirely different to adults, and their price and fragility would seem to see them always remain the preserve of adult collectors.
Admittedly they photograph so much better, ...well more realistically if that is the aim, and I certainly very much admire the great art in that, but I do appreciate the wonders collectors can achieve here with the far more stylised figures of VAM and MAM. I think it re-awakens scenarios we imagined as kids.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 12:01 am

LeStryge wrote:
... but I do appreciate the wonders collectors can achieve here with the far more stylised figures of VAM and MAM. I think it re-awakens scenarios we imagined as kids.

I agree completely with your assessment. When I was a kid playing with Joes (or little green army men), the idea of "women" or "girls" never entered the scenario. It was manly men doing manly men things... which usually involved getting shot and falling off cliffs.

But, having become an "old white guy" who remains stolidly and solidly "politically incorrect" in my thinking, I appreciate the humor potential when the seamless figures come in to play. Even tho' I'm American, I'm part of the generation steeped in Monty Python/Benny Hill style humor.

So here at the forum, we kind of have the best of both worlds: we can play like kids again, in the spirit of pure imaginative adventure, before gender relationships and puberty began to cloud our thinking; and we can have fun with good-natured, slightly risque but far from pr0nographic, humor at the expense of our over-developed silicone allies.

Or at least, we can until girls start joining the site. Razz

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 4:26 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Or at least, we can until girls start joining the site.  Razz
O perish the thought Dave!
But like just about everything that was once a harmless but enjoyable male preserve, it has to be taken over by females or of course it's "sexist".
Now of course it's P.C. to make sure that any toys given to children are gender non-specific.
(Doesn't stop boys from making imaginary guns out of sticks I've noticed!)

You can't even record gender now on birth certificates!
Can't be long before we are having Gender-Reveal Parties for the kid's 13th birthday!
(Or is even that too soon?")

You might know this as I know you post on other sites.
Do Phicens, or whatever they are now called, feature on any of the other online doll-sites?
Do they in fact mix with Barbie due to being roughly the same scale?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 8:07 am

LeStryge wrote:

You might know this as I know you post on other sites.
Do Phicens, or whatever they are now called, feature on any of the other online doll-sites?
Do they in fact mix with Barbie due to being roughly the same scale?

I have not seen Phicen/TBLeague figures mixing it up with any dolls other than the occasional male action figure on the sites I visit. The general consensus, even among people who collect those creepy large-scale "BJD" dolls with hyper-realistic eyes, appears to be that Phicen-type figures are "uncanny" and disturbing. I suspect it has, as you have noted, something to do with their relative realism. They simply don't mix well with more toy-like dolls and figures.

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: