ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 am

LeStryge wrote:

Biden's minders are already scheduling only morning events "because he's not good in the afternoons" and no speaking engagements longer than seven minutes because he tires.
And THIS is a bloke you'd want to run a major power country?

I REALLY wanted to see that union auto-worker take Biden up on his offer to "step outside"!

It drives me batty that people actually support Biden! That half this country can be that abysmally stupid!

I'm also reaching the point where I do not believe the election results. The notoriously inaccurate polls showed Bernie WAY ahead in several states, but somehow, when the votes were tallied, Biden not just won, but won decisively.

No news stories about how badly the polls missed it. No investigations in to whether these votes were legit.

If "the system" can prop up Biden (not because they want Biden, but because "the powers behind the throne" are plotting to use him as a figurehead, or to replace him with a vice-president of their choice), they can rig the general election.

Because, seriously, if Trump or anyone else made the remarks Biden has - about having children stroke his leg hair, or forgetting where he is, or challenging potential voters to fights – they would be drummed out of politics and possibly put in jail.

Are voters really going to support this guy after he swears at them and then challenges them to a fight?

But that's the way of that party: oppression, belittling, and violence.

It frightens me that a lot of people continue to support this party, and that for some reason the entirety of the national media are behind them.

There is something bigger than mere "party politics" afoot here, I fear. Indeed, I fear this far more than I fear the Coronavirus.

I doubt there will be a Trump/Biden debate. Biden's party will make some excuse about not wanting to stoop to Trump's level. This, of course, coming from a candidate who recently called a female voter at a town hall meeting a "lying dog-faced pony soldier." Biden gets away with this, and Trump is supposedly the misogynist? Imagine if Trump called a woman "dog-faced."
Rolling Eyes

Oh, and, as of tonight, National Guard soldiers have been deployed to "assist" with Coronavirus control. Nobody has bothered to explain exactly what armed soldiers are going to do. Apparently nobody has bothered to ask, or at least, not among the national media. And the sheep-like fearful public are fine with this, because "it's for your safety."

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 5:29 am

What is it with those leftie-loonies?
Everything anyone else with a different opinion says is either racist or hate-speech, and yet that same group are the greatest exponents of both!
It's as you mention, such double standard hypocrisy!
Scary times indeed Dave!
Still want to see that debate though! lol! lol! lol!
Please tell me they can't parachute "basket-of-deplorables" Clinton in, or make her the Vice power behind the throne?

Sorry to hijack your wonderful comic that I really enjoyed but this? Question Question Question

Last edited by LeStryge on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 5:55 am

LeStryge wrote:

Sorry to hijack your wonderful comic that I really enjoyed but this?

Your strolling ceratopsian photo is the definition of "wonderful." As in, fun and full of wonder.

I should avoid, or at least tone down, my own political tangents. I'm feeling a bit on edge. Not as a result of the "pandemic," directly, but as a result of the governmental, media, and societal response to an infection that is less dangerous than the common influenza. There is no sign of the product shortages abating, and no sign of a de-escalation of the fear-mongering by the media.

The political situation, too, here in the states, to which I should admit that I often over-react, so my responses may be misguided (but they're not) is troubling because it simply doesn't make sense! Really, how can I believe that hundreds of thousands of black and latino voters are turning out to vote for a 77-year old white guy who can barely string two sentences together? How can this candidate be winning election after election when he attracts fewer than 300 people to his public appearances? And that was before the limits on crowd sizes were instituted in the wake of the virus. In fact, I'm even wondering if the limits on public events have been put in place for the purpose of hiding the low turn-outs for candidate Biden.

I need to stop thinking about this stuff and focus on cute pictures of baby dinosaurs going for walkies.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:32 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

I should avoid, or at least tone down, my own political tangents.
Tiny word of advice Dave....if I may be so presumptuous? (And I probably am!)
Never, ....NEVER feel that you have to apologise for an opinion genuinely held.

In this particular case I happen to fully agree with you, but even if I didn't, you are still entitled to express your real feelings.
I simply cannot understand my own country, (and quite a few others) closing down everything. They are only postponing the inevitable. You cannot shut down the borders or businesses, nor tourism or mass gatherings forever, and the moment you open them or allow them to occur again, then the virus will simply continue.

It's not going to have magically just disappeared in two weeks or whatever the time frame that's adopted.
It's one of those things I think we all have to eventually catch and develop immunity to like we did measles or chickenpox back in our youth before there were inoculations.
(Dating myself much? I caught both as a kid, and I'm still here!)

Undoubtedly this "pandemic" is being used by both the media and the political systems of more than one country.

SCU_HQ wrote:
I need to stop thinking about this stuff and focus on cute pictures of baby dinosaurs going for walkies.
I'm really glad you got a laugh out of my pic. It all came about because I bought a bigger dinosaur to show the progression of growth in my storyline and for some strange reason it had a cocked leg! At first I thought it was a moulding fault.
But hence the fire-hydrant photo!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 4:34 pm

LeStryge wrote:

Never, ....NEVER feel that you have to apologise for an opinion genuinely held.

It's not so much apologizing for the opinions as it is realizing that I should either keep that stuff in the "Off Topic" section or not mention it at all, unless it is briefly and in a jocular manner. This is a hobby forum, not FaceBook.

Okay, so, back to figure photoz:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 24433366_2fbb957584_z
QUARANTINE!
(Old pic, from 2003, before I sold all my original guys.)

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:40 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
It's not so much apologizing for the opinions as it is realizing that I should either keep that stuff in the "Off Topic" section or not mention it at all, unless it is briefly and in a jocular manner. This is a hobby forum, not FaceBook.
I think it's OK to realise that our lives do not entirely revolve around VAM or MAM.....or do they? Wink Wink Wink
Besides, something that is having the effect of literally shutting down the world probably rates a mention or two?
I see it's already being reflected in the pics being posted here.

That's a funny pic, and fits right into the current crisis ....but why did you decide to sell your originals?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 5:10 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 March22
"Ve told you ve vould vin! It took longer zan expekted, zat's all!

When the government tells us which industries are essential, which workers are important, who can move about and who must remain hidden away, and ultimately, decides who will live and who will die, well... yeah. Does anybody recognize this playbook?

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 8:03 am

Great figure Dave! loved the aged look to the pic bounce

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great figure Dave! loved the aged look to the pic bounce

Yes, it is a very detailed figure, a 21st Century, I think. He was an inexpensive find on eBay last year.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
He was an inexpensive find on eBay last year.
Surely something of a rarity these days?
Shipping alone can blow the budget!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 pm

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
He was an inexpensive find on eBay last year.
Surely something of a rarity these days?
Shipping alone can blow the budget!

There seemed to be a brief window when these 21st Century figs were only going for $20 to $30 USD, including shipping. The last few times I've looked, they've been more expensive. I don't know if they're selling, though.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 11:41 pm

Hey, a bargain is a bargain, ....and not to be missed! Great find!
I just think eBay has become WAY more expensive of late.

Is it true that all representations of the swastika on new German WWII 1/6 figures for sale have now got to be removed?
Surely not?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 12:50 am

LeStryge wrote:

Is it true that all representations of the swastika on new  German WWII 1/6 figures for sale have now got to be removed?
Surely not?

My understanding is that swastikas cannot be displayed on eBay.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 11:32 pm

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 April2
Max Steel Arrives at SCU-HQ

The eBay seller couldn't even be bothered to remove the Goodwill (US thrift store / charity shop) tag. I guess it was the seller's way of saying "Ha ha, sucker! You're such a loser!"

Only a loser would purchase a Max Steel fig on the secondary market, anyway. Max Steel is a 1:6 scale action figure, similar to... or basically a rip-off of... GI Joe. The line had a fairly long run, 1997 - 2013. There was an animated television series, and several animated movies were released in Central and South America.

The figures are poorly constructed, with limited articulation, hard plastic bodies, and vinyl heads just kind of stuck on the top of the hard plastic neck post. The body on this one is dark blue in color, with the tan head. I don't know anything about the backstory of the character, so I don't know if he's a robot or a cyborg or bionic or if he wears dark blue tights.

If Max Steel... gotta admit, the name is cool... is so lame, why did I buy one? Basically as a joke. There are a few members, and one in particular, here on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum who despise Max Steel. In kind of a "fun" sort of way. Except for Alex, who genuinely despises Max Steel.  Wink

One of the forum members recently posted a short photo-story in which Max Steel is decapitated by a killer robot. Of course I found this amusing (keep the amateur psychoanalysis to yourself, please), and I decided I needed a Max Steel fig, both to see if they were as crummy as described (they are), and to serve as "cannon fodder" in what, at the moment when I bid on this fig on eBay last week, seemed like a funny idea for a photo-story series: The Death(s) of Max Steel.

Now that a week or so has passed, the idea does not sound as fun or as funny, and I'm kinda regretting the ten or twelve bucks I spent.

I can't believe the seller left the Goodwill tag on the fig.

The firefighter uniform is pretty cool, though. It even includes a gas mask, which might come in useful during the Time of Crisis.

Anyway, there ya go: Max Steel.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 6:50 am

I've got a couple of Max Steel figures myself. I made one into my skateboarder I posted here a while back now.
None of mine have blue bodies though.
I don't really mind the figures, and it does give me another head-sculpt to work with.
MAMs do tend to all look very similar, and this can make any group scene you might want to do appear like a series of clones.
I do try to individualise my figures to avoid this, and am always on the lookout for different heads, ...even knock-offs.

There is one aspect of Max Steel I don't particularly care for and that is his voluminously sculpted hair makes it nearly impossible to put any headwear on him.
Maybe buy yours a pair of red briefs, make him a simple red cape and stick a big "S" on his chest?

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 8:01 am

I am sure Dave, if you don't go for the many deaths of max power, then he will find a place within SCH-HQ bounce bounce

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 5:14 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 April6
What the Plumber Found in the Basement

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 am

She must be there to fix the head, yes? lol! lol! lol!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 8:01 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Could be a bit worrying to find that in the basement! I wonder if its the Giants head of Cornwall or even Ireland?? I would get your scientist division down there Dave to investigate! but maybe not Bob, I don't think he is the man for the job. Oh wait, I have the perfect candidate! send in Private Max Steel Laughing Laughing Laughing

btw, the background looks amazing Dave, a great set up!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 6:58 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 April8
TBLeague S07C with TBLeague Head
SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 April9b
TBLeague S29B (from 'Nancy in Hell' figure) with Cat Toys Head

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 7:31 am

"My eyes are up here.....?" Rolling Eyes

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 7:43 am

LeStryge wrote:
"My eyes are up here.....?" Rolling Eyes

With the entire world devolving in to some kind of nightmarish horror movie scenario, some Uncanny Valley photos seemed appropriate.

In related news: the Reich has implemented travel bans and mandatory document inspections in the United States of America. Are your papers in order? Sieg Heil!

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 8:01 am

Wasn't there an old expression "And now I'm cuttin' out paper dolls...." ?
I think it meant going insane, and it's sometimes referenced in Warner Cartoons.

The Reich has done even more than that right here!
See my post in "Off Topic".
I am currently defiantly leading an insurrection.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 am

I really really liking the second kitbash. She’s got that jungle adventure look about her. The only things I think she is missing is a army water bottle and a machete.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I really really liking the second kitbash. She’s got that jungle adventure look about her. The only things I think she is missing is a army water bottle and a machete.

You are correct, she needs a machete. She has an army water canteen on her belt, but it is not visible in this pic.

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: