ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 6:10 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Fright-fully stylish!

Take that little purple car apart and paint it black. It will look much more creepy-cool!

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 6821263433_067885a339

I repainted the glossy black plastic car body of the Roadster in flat black to reduce glare in photos. I de-pinkified the trim bits with red and gold.

I have a Barbie Jeep that I want to do the same thing with; it's currently half-disassembled... and has been for over a year now. Whenever I think about working on it I either have no paint or the weather is rainy and not conducive to painting.

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great shots Dave!

Thanks! Now that I have the mondo-expensivo (but highly realistic) 21st Century Jeep, most of the "playline" vehicles will likely be relegated to the mothball fleet. And I'll probably be looking for another Jeep or something in a similarly realistic scale. (Insert the standard phrase about whom to blame here!  Wink )

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Great job, Dave!!!

I'd prefer the jeep too, but I do think this car is very creepy/cool!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 3:39 am

Your sports car looks great with the re-fit!

I have black-painted a few charity shop vehicles, but you really have to be careful as SOME plastics react badly to spray paint and it refuses to dry, just remaining sticky.
Then you have to go for the big turpentine wash and start again with another idea.
I have learned through experience that MAM's sometimes black plastic hands do NOT accept spray paint!

Okay so the "girly" car-things are not very realistic, but those damned fancy jeeps everybody keeps flaunting are SO very expensive.....well the good ones are anyway!

Still trying to get that amphibious craft thing myself. So many possibilities for pics.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 4:38 am

Great job SCU_HQ! cheers

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Most recent arrival at SCU-HQ:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 August12

This German soldier arrived in the post today. I was looking around on eBay last week at GI Joe figures, and ran across this guy for less money than an actual Joe fig. Based on the leash in his hand, he may have been a dog handler. Or maybe he's on his way to visit Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.

He was listed as being a 21st Century figure, and the quality of the uniform and accessories supports that claim. I was surprised to see that the uniform features a medal with the now-verboten swastika symbol.

The uniform is of excellent craftsmanship and quality. The belt accessories include a satchel and a holster containing a P.08 Luger (with a removable magazine). The machine-gun is definitely cool! And I'm sure I can find a use for that leash or riding crop or whatever it is.... Twisted Evil

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 10:27 pm

What an awesome figure Dave! great pick up mate! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Looks like a truly great uniform, and really nice head-sculpt too!
I fail to see the point on banning the swastika.
It's an historical fact, and I really don't think anyone seeing it will suddenly become a neo-Nazi. Are they going to remove it from all those Indian Buddha figures also?
He needs a dog, ....Alsation of course.
There's a particularly nasty looking one in the MAM range that actually "woofs" when you press a little button on his collar.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 12:05 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

And I'm sure I can find a use for that leash or riding crop or whatever it is.... Twisted Evil

Oo, kinky...

...and you have a gal from TBLeague on the way too! affraid affraid affraid

Nice pick up!

I was going to say, DiD has some nice new dogs, Bulldog for Capt. Colin Maud, a Doberman for your Marines and a nice German Shepherd.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:02 am

Yasmin and Kenna decided to go joyriding in the General's Jeep:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 August12a

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:08 am

Just love his expression as the girls take off in his transport! Great positioning!
Enjoying your your "en plein air" shots too!

Question: Aren't all you guys showing off those very fancy jeeps (envy, envy) tempted to judiciously "dirty 'em up" so that they look like REAL jeeps, that were never washed and polished, but driven hard through very dirty terrain? I used to "weather" rolling stock for a mate who ran an extensive HO model railway, and I can tell you my fingers would be itchin' to have a go at a 1/6 scale jeep!
I used artist's gouache and it can always be washed off later.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:19 am

LeStryge wrote:

Question: Aren't all you guys showing off those very fancy jeeps (envy, envy) tempted to judiciously "dirty 'em up" so that they look like REAL jeeps, that were never washed and polished, but driven hard through very dirty terrain?

Haven't had the time yet, that's all. In fact, I got interrupted during this photo-shoot, so I only got one angle on the scene. The driver's face is blocked by the windscreen frame, and the General is actually balanced in a running position, which isn't really visible here. I would have liked to move things around and try some different angles.

I usually just toss some actual dust on the vehicles, and at least try to dirty up the tires, but this was a rush job.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:26 am

Trouble with REAL dust is that it's gritty and that damages things.
Using water based paint is far safer and if you don't get the effect you want, it just washes off so easily.
I used to do dust of course, but grease, grime and oil stains, petrol/diesel drips down from the gas cap, hand marks along with bug-spatter and wiper arches on windscreens always adds to the realism. Tyres especially need work if not to look like showroom stock

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:31 am

Ooh! Wiper marks on a dirty windshield! That's a great tip! Thanks!

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:36 am

Yeah, it's an area so many modellers overlook, and yet when did you ever see a jeep with a crystal clear windshield!
Try it, ....I used an old toothbrush to spatter wet paint very finely on by running your fingernail down the paint loaded brush and then used little strips of cardboard cut to size to make wiper marks by turning them on the screen to wipe the arch almost clean. Any smears only add to the realistic look.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 am

That sounds easy enough! The trick is not to overdo things, I suppose. "Just a little bit more" is usually way too much when working in miniature.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 am

lol! Those little rascals! The General doesn't look to happy with them Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 am

Great picture ,I reaĺly like it ! Captures how naughty they are !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenSCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Green Beret
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 4:54 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Based on the leash in his hand, he may have been a dog handler. Or maybe he's on his way to visit Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.
.... Twisted Evil

..or he may have been just coming back from visiting Ilsa! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Well done! Great shot! lol!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Based on the leash in his hand, he may have been a dog handler. Or maybe he's on his way to visit Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.
.... Twisted Evil

..or he may have been just coming back from visiting Ilsa! lol!

lol! lol! lol!

It was not nice of him to steal Ilsa's crop!

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 6:20 am

I did not want to derail LeStryge's Dead Men Tell No Tales topic with a bunch of doll photos, so I'll keep this response "in house" here in the SCU-HQ:

LeStryge wrote:
Then I could do a "walking the plank" scene?

Well, you could invest all that time and effort into building a custom pirate crew using Action Man figs, or you could borrow... your daughter's  Embarassed ... Ever After High and Monster High "Shriekwrecked" dolls:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 P11

That one's a little bit too cheery and colorful. Let's bump up the grittiness:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 P13

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 P17
Wait... wait... I only signed on for the rum and the ribald sea shanties!

Yo ho ho!

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 6:31 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I did not want to derail LeStryge's Dead Men Tell No Tales topic with a bunch of doll photos, so I'll keep this response "in house" here in the SCU-HQ:
Never fear Dave, .....I am delighted when any of my posts inspire others to contribute....anything!
Nothing wrong with "dolls", and your pics are right on topic! Love 'em.

SCU_HQ wrote:
Well, you could invest all that time and effort into building a custom pirate crew using Action Man figs, or you could borrow... your daughter's  Embarassed ... Ever After High and Monster High "Shriekwrecked" dolls:
Don't have any daughters so raiding any toy-box is not an option, unless it's my own that is! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Love the grittiness of the etching effects too!
So what's next? Keel-hauling?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 am

LeStryge wrote:
I am delighted when any of my posts inspire others to contribute....anything!

Besides, derailing topics seems to be a popular sport here at the forum! Razz

LeStryge wrote:

So what's next? Keel-hauling?

For now, winner... or in this case, the sole survivor... takes all:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 P19

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 6:59 am

Nice......chest! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 9:52 am

Great pics Dave!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: