ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
gibri
Admin
gibri

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 4:01 am

Thanks Barry!

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 S%2520%2526%2520RB1

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 S%2520%2526%2520RB2

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 S%2520%2526%2520RB3

There are those who say he was shot down by a Canadian pilot.

There are those who say he was downed by Australian ground forces.

But, some of us know the real story...

cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by gibri on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 4:07 am

Great figure! Superb detail in that tunic and cap. Brand?
I could not originally see that the planes were actually made of Lego!e

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 4:32 am

Thanks, Barry!

I added a little more text before I saw your post.

The Red Baron was an early Sideshow Toys figure from their "Bayonets and Barbwire" series.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 am

Well Snoopy in his trusty Sopwith Camel of course!!!! cheers

Green Beret
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 am

Who remembers this ad from 1970?

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 1970-04-snoopy

...and as a fellow hoarder with the smallest loft in the world I have serious basement envy Brian! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 am

lol! @ Steve!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 12:01 am

Great ad Steve, sorry I don't remember it, but I do remember Monogram kits. They were some of my favorites. Although I may have shunned it as it was a snap kit. Suspect

Since some of these pics were taken, my son has been through scouts, grade school, high school and college...

...I wish I (still) had a basement like that too... affraid lol! affraid

Thanks. Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 1:20 am

somekindajoe wrote:
Who remembers this ad from 1970?

Not only do I remember this ad, I remember the models very well, because my brother had both of them. I remember helping him assemble them. The airplane models themselves were nice replicas. The pilots were over-sized Snoopy and Red Baron heads that snapped in place, but could be easily removed. As the advertisement states, there was a battery-operated motor that turned the propeller. No switch, just flick the propeller to start it spinning.

The Sopwith Camel included a "doghouse" display stand, as pictured in the advertisement. The triplane had an "iron cross" shaped stand.

There may still be some pieces of these planes at my mother's house.

Now that I have discarded the work-in-progress cardboard box monstrosity pictured earlier, the SCU-HQ aerodrome must suffice with a "play scale" (approximately 1:18) Imaginext biplane:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 43675112265_66812ac4dd_z

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 3265252715_99dca9660e_z

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 8:16 am

cool sets dave! bounce
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 10:48 am

Love those little guys Dave

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenSCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 5:49 am

Most recent arrival at SCU-HQ: a 40th Anniversary Action Pilot, who is my first "red hair" painted-hair Joe.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Ammoguys1

The bunk bed and locker in the background are from the World Peacekeepers Military Life Playset. The set was offered on eBay as complete and unopened, but upon arrival, it was not unopened and not complete. It was missing the rifle rack and most of the weapons. However, the plastic bag with the bedding was unopened, most of the "personal items" like the shaving brush and the barbells were included, there were two guitars, and there were a few bits and pieces that were not originally part of the set, including a rocket-firing mortar and some "climbing netting" from a GI Joe accessory set.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 7:01 am

Well it's the good stuff that you did get, but the whole thing is definitely "NOT AS DESCRIBED".
Will you be opening a case with the seller?
I bought two sets of the same and by some co-incidence the rifle rack was also missing in one of them, but the seller had actually noted that in the listing.
Have to say said rifle rack when you see it is not all that flash.
Never use the one I did get anyway.
Did you get that knapsack as part of the deal?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 7:25 am

LeStryge wrote:

Will you be opening a case with the seller?

Did you get that knapsack as part of the deal?

Not worth opening a case. Everything I wanted (the bunk and the locker and the bedding) was included. The two rifles that were still there are fairly nice. The extra guitar and the extra bits and pieces make up for the missing rifle rack. The pair of barbells are impressively detailed.

The knapsack is not from this set. It was part of a Soldiers of the World (circa 2000) release, I think. It's a nice piece, I wish I had several of them. They look good scattered around as background props, as well as helping create figures that look fully equipped for adventure.

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 8:02 am

Fantastic pick up's Dave! your new Joe will fit in well with your others. Loving the locker and bunk beds! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 8:06 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic pick up's Dave! your new Joe will fit in well with your others.

I wanted to have at least three "orange jumpsuit guys" to form the core of my HQ.

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 8:20 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic pick up's Dave! your new Joe will fit in well with your others.

I wanted to have at least three "orange jumpsuit guys" to form the core of my HQ.

Fantastic Dave! you have the whole set cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Careful Dave, with those orange jumpsuits your boys could end up looking like they are on a "government sponsored vacation". lol!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 9:34 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Careful Dave, with those orange jumpsuits your boys could end up looking like they are on a "government sponsored vacation". lol!

Back in my day, those fellas wore stripes! Razz

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 am

I’m really liking your resent recruit 40th Anniversary red painted-hair Joe Action Pilot Very Happy.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 6:19 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I’m really liking your resent recruit 40th Anniversary red painted-hair Joe Action Pilot  

Thank you! I like him, too!

Now, here's the funny part, and an example of why eBay is an unpredictable place. I paid $33 USD for the figure, who included the 40th Anniversary box and also a 40th Anniversary mint-on-card action pilot helmet:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Jet_pilot_helmet

I just sold the helmet on eBay for $30 USD. It sold within a few hours of being posted, so perhaps it was under-priced. But the net result is that the figure ended up costing me practically nothing!

That is a collecting style that fits my budget!

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 6:34 pm

Great result Dave! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 3:54 am

Wow, $30 for that helmet, well done! Ebay is unpredictable and no mistake.

but getting back to Orange...

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Team%2520Orange-001

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 4:00 am

gibri wrote:

but getting back to Orange...

Ha ha! Excellent! Razz

Is the orange cap a stock color, or did you paint it?

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 8:05 am

lol! Great stuff Bri cheers
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 12:00 pm

I’m voting for team orange Very Happy. I really enjoyed that short comic.

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: