ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fishing in Australia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

Fishing in Australia Empty
PostSubject: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 4:36 am

Here in an Australian billabong MAM thinks "getting a bigger boat" is for wimps!

Fishing in Australia Pm36En7Xj

Thankfully he brought an extra steak....or FOUR!

Fishing in Australia Pmf0R4P3j

"OPEN WIDE!"

Fishing in Australia PomjTJ7Gj

Medic
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 5:04 am

great shot thats one big Croc
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 5:10 am

Razz Razz Razz That is HILARIOUS!

Good on ya, mate, for being willing to take your figures out in to an actual muddy, algae-filled swamp! That's what Action Man / Joe was made for!

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks heaps Guys! Thought I'd get away from The Studio type shots and dirty things up a bit for a change.
MAM's boots actually work!
Although I was more than a little concerned he'd take a sudden dive into all that swampy water!
Still, lots of fun to do, ...apart from the damned mosquitos.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:49 am

Great photos cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:12 am

Crocodile-tastic pictures LeStryge. It’s great to see you taking pictures outside, hope we see some more random outside pictures in the future from you Wink.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:14 am

LeStryge wrote:

Still, lots of fun to do, ...apart from the damned mosquitos.

So you avoided the Drop Bears, then?

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 12:08 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
So you avoided the Drop Bears, then?
Well to tell you the truth those Drop Bears used to be a real problem here a while back, and absolutely terrified so many foreign visitors, but of late the Yowies seem to have really cleaned 'em out!
Yowies are now the things you've got to be afraid of.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:22 pm

cheers cheers Great shots!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Fantastic photo shoot Barry!!!

What the heck are drop bears and yowies?

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 pm

lovin the croc pic its a big un!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenFishing in Australia G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:49 pm

gibri wrote:
What the heck are drop bears and yowies?
Don't fall for it gibri!
"Drop Bears" are the legendary subject of a story told to unsettle gullible tourists here in Oz.
If they are out wandering through the bush, then they are told to be wary of Drop-Bears, who are supposed to viciously attack people by dropping out of the trees unexpectedly.
Tall tales are told of the serious wounds inflicted, ...deaths even!
And as just about every form of wildlife here in Oz has the potential to kill you, a lot of tourists actually fall for the story, much to the amusement of the locals.

Yowies are Australia's native form of the Sasquatch, Abominable Snowman, Big Foot etc.
There are reports of sightings from time to time, (unconfirmed of course! Rolling Eyes ) just as there are in the USA.

Glad you enjoyed the croc. photos!
Now they ARE real, ....and the scale of the one in my photo would not be entirely unrealistic. A huge monster was caught and relocated only recently. There have also been deaths from crocodile attacks. People will do stupid things!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am

Now I know and knowing is half the battle...

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 4:40 am

gibri wrote:

My understanding is that Australians are now being asked by the tourism authority to tell potential visitors that Drop Bears and Yowies are "legends" or "myths" because the terror they evoke, in addition to the actual physical danger, was having a negative economic impact on the tourism industry.
Wink

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:02 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
gibri wrote:

My understanding is that Australians are now being asked by the tourism authority to tell potential visitors that Drop Bears and Yowies are "legends" or "myths" because the terror they evoke, in addition to the actual physical danger, was having a negative economic impact on the tourism industry.
Wink
Surely not?
How naive (read DUMB) are tourists these days?
I suppose we have to tell them that there really are no kangaroos hopping down Sydney city streets, and nor any special factories that put the bend in bananas up in Queensland?
Rather takes all the fun out of it!
The greatest danger here, and specially to backpackers it would seem, has been this country's own fair share of psychopaths.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:25 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
gibri wrote:

Wink

I suppose we have to tell them that there really are no kangaroos hopping down Sydney city streets, and nor any special factories that put the bend in bananas up in Queensland?

I can't speak to the banana bending; I thought I'd heard that it had all been outsourced to Malaysia and Indonesia. But I know that a lot of utes in Sydney have 'roo guards on the front. Surely that can't be merely for aesthetic purposes? Just like here in the States where all the city people drive 4X4 pickup trucks... because, y'know, they're so practical in a congested urban environment.
Rolling Eyes

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 6:15 am

They have to protect their precious 4WD's from any pedestrian damage that might occur whilst they are driving their precious children to school.
(Don't worry, we've got 'em here too! Never go out of the inner city but you'd think they lived in the outback!)

PostSubject: Re: Fishing in Australia   Fishing in Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishing in Australia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Random Pictures-
Jump to: