Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Sabotage
LeStryge

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Empty
PostSubject: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 5:58 am

Now on an expedition somewhere in Darkest Africa, Prof. Arkansaw Smith realises it's FAR better to be up a creek WITH a paddle.....

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! PlBapL33j

"AHHHHH, that breath!"

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! PlRzUjm8j

"Keep those damned teeth away from my rubber boat!"

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! PnqAVoCij

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 7:53 am

great shots Barry! cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 am

Thanks Dal! Much appreciated!

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 10:07 am

I think Prof. Arkansaw Smith looks like he’s in danger because the Hippopotamus is not looking friendly in the slightest. I’m really really liking this picture a lot.

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 10:23 am

Thank you Alex! I am always happy when you like my efforts!

Sabotage
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 5:05 pm

What a fun series of pics!

And so much to like about it! The angles! The sense of action! And the cool fig and the props!

I am impressed that you were able to get the figure to balance in the boat so nicely! Good assortment of gear and supplies for an expedition, too.

That's a nice looking leather jacket.

How many leeches did you have to pull off yourself after this little adventure? Razz

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Thanks Dave! It was fun to do. I was particularly pleased with last pic. where the sky appears at the bottom, while the foliage appears at the top. Kind of reverses the usual view.
No leeches thankfully,......although I may have heard a bunyip at one stage.

That jacket you mention is a really odd piece.
In photographs it appears as though it's leather, but in fact it's really made of a shiny waterproof fabric in a khaki greenish colour.
It is an incredibly detailed and well made garment.
NOT for a MAM though as their hands are too big for the sleeve openings.

Thankfully my Prof. A. Smith is a very well articulated figure with removeable hands.
He can do a great many poses, which makes him very useful, but has the annoying feature of his legs, knees and ankle joints not being provided with any method of preventing them turning at physically impossible angles and he can end up looking like he's suffered a very bad car accident at times.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 4:25 am

Beautiful shots, Barry! Water is the great equalizer when it comes to scale and you've used it very well, excellent work! I've always had the hardest time getting
figures to sit realistically and even harder when sitting in a boat. You really have done a fantastic job!

but I am afraid he'll be up that creek without his paddle once that Hippo chomps down... Shocked Shocked Shocked

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 4:34 am

Thank you so much gibri!
My Prof. is a very accommodating figure when it comes to posing,and very easy to work with.
Photographing figures in water is often problematic in that you can get reflections of unwanted objects that you don't notice until later.

I too get a feeling that the hippo is about to make a toothpick out of that paddle, which will indeed leave Arkansas up the proverbial!

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 pm

Avoiding any further hippo attacks, Prof. Arkansas Smith has now arrived at a remote native village deep in the steamy jungle.
He manages to find just one local who is willing to take him further up the river to try to find what he seeks. No other will dare to venture there.
There are many strange stories told of what lies in that taboo territory. What a Face

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Pni0bFv8j

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Now I’m really liking this picture, the background looks awesome.

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Thank you Alex! So glad you liked the setup!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:06 am

Very cool photos! Very Happy

Sabotage
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 am

I am intrigued by the boat, and find myself wondering on which of your In Real Life travels did you acquire that fascinating souvenir?

Excellent seamless combination of foreground, middle, and background images to create a dramatic scene with a genuine sense of vast depth.

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 4:43 am

Sincere thanks Dave and inntruderr61!

SCU_HQ wrote:
I am intrigued by the boat, and find myself wondering on which of your In Real Life travels did you acquire that fascinating souvenir?
The boat?
Solomon Islands.
Those white decorations you see are actually inlaid mother of pearl shell.
It is a very intriguing item.
Some of the natives there regard the shark as being their totem animal.
The boat rests on a wonderfully carved hybrid "shark-man" possessing a very prominent male appendage which is in an excited state. (Ahem!)
Shark head and body, man's hips and upper legs, ending in a shark's tail.
Certainly not any "souvenir trade" item.

Last edited by LeStryge on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 9:53 am

Wow how did I miss this , great set of photos , superb outside shots and I love the backdrop on the canoe shot , fantastic photography !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenUp the creek WITH a paddle.....! G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 11:34 am

very cool!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Fantastic set-up and photo, Barry!!!

That canoe is very stylish (and we apparently haven't seen the best of it). Your answer seems to have left us with more questions...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 pm

Many thanks Captian action, BAM & gibri.
Glad you all enjoyed the continuing saga.

It was a long journey on that nameless river.
Sometimes they paddled through slow fetid pools, which could be followed by fast rapids that needed much skill to negotiate safely.
All the time the jungle became even more dense, the air thicker and filled with the ceaseless cacophony of myriad insects....
What is it that drives Prof. A. Smith to risk such dangers? They are already far into unexplored territory and beyond all help from the outside world.

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Plp3SZcpj

Sabotage
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 12:55 am

What is it, indeed, that drives Professor Smith? A search for ancient civilizations? A quest for rare flora or fauna? Is he on the trail of an earlier, lost expedition? Or could it simply be a drive to be somewhere, to see some place, that no one, of any country, race, tribe, or culture, has ever been or seen or experienced before?

And what payment has he promised his guide to tempt that worthy fellow to risk himself and his fine watercraft on such a venture?

Another fine photo in this series. The haphazard pile of crates and gear looks quite authentic.

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 2:52 am

Does he fully trust the guide?
The grisly practice of head-hunting is not unknown here, What a Face  and a white foreign head would surely be a standout feature in any such collection?. Shocked

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 6:24 pm

Loving that canoe , brilliant picture once again , fantastic !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenUp the creek WITH a paddle.....! G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 am

Much appreciated gibri and Captian action!

Leaving the boat, Prof. Arkansas Smith and his native guide now hack their way by machete through the dark jungle, with only the Professor's trusty compass for direction.
That is an "interesting " souvenir the guide is wearing around his neck Hopefully it's only a monkey skull!
The deep shadows are pierced by mysterious noises, the sources of which are unknown.
What is it that the Professor seeks with such determination?

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! PlYwmcCAj

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! PohnfbU4j

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Sabotage
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 5:01 am

That setting is totally wild! Love the subdued rainforest lighting! Excellent, exciting stuff!

(Nice work balancing the crate on the top of the bearer's head, too!)

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes-
Jump to: