ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 am

Thanks Dave! Always enjoy your detailed comments!

I do find the most difficult thing in all my studio photographs is to get the lighting right. Takes more time than the set up itself, but get it wrong and it won't look in any way convincing.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 2:29 am

During the course of this sequence some AMMO friends have expressed interest in the boat the Professor and his guide used to travel on the river.
(They have now left the boat and are currently hacking their way through the jungle.....latest photo on the previous page should you have missed it.)

The boat itself was obtained along with several other items on one of the Solomon Islands, ....to the East of New Guinea. (You will no doubt know of Guadalcanal from its WWII fame. It's one of the largest islands in the archipelago, but the boat in question did not come from that one.)

It is carved from some sort of local softwood and stained with vegetable dyes, then inlaid with intricately shaped tiny pieces of nautilus shell, ....a traditional craft there.
Such items are usually part of funerary rituals.
Mine has sustained some minor damage from what appears to be rat/mice gnawings, and as these things were filled with food that's probably what attracted the rodents. The food is then consumed and the ritual items later discarded.
I have not tried to restore the boat at all, but simply re-stained the damaged areas with a colour matching the rest of the hull.

It rests on a most interesting hybrid Shark/Man/God who is obviously a fertility figure, and yes THAT red emphasis there IS part of the original paintwork.
It seems a perfect scale for 1/6 figures (seats three!) and came complete with three paddles and a bird's bone anchor attached to that string at the back, but I forgot to take that out to show in the photo.

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 PmvtB6Mrj

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 3:00 am

I’m just completely loving the Prof. Arkansas Smith and his native guide hacking their way by machete through the dark jungle picture. The very interesting souvenir that the guide is wearing around his neck, Hopefully it's only a monkey skull that doesn’t do anything at all and not a CURSED or a hypnotised souvenir. What is it that the Professor seeks with such determination? Guess we’ll find out very soon I’m hoping.

Thanks for sharing information, a picture on the boat.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 3:10 am

So glad you are enjoying the Professor's adventure Alex!
Thanks for taking the time to comment!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:00 am

I really like the lighting in those previous photos!cheers
Well done! cheers

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 am

Interesting pose of the figure in the boat. It looks like he's kneeling behind the canoe and... letting it all hang out!

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:34 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Interesting pose of the figure in the boat. It looks like he's kneeling behind the canoe and... letting it all hang out!
You know I never saw that before, but now that you mention it....... lol! lol! lol!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 6:45 pm

I've heard of "jumping the shark" but, "humping" the shark...?

affraid affraid affraid

Embarassed

Thanks for showing us the "whole boat"...
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Ski Patrol
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi Barry

just the prof and his jungle adventures - terrific shots and what a great boat !! It has an "interesting keel" Shocked as you have pointed out lol!

Loving the set up of the photo's .keep 'em coming cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 11:45 pm

gibri wrote:
I've heard of "jumping the shark" but, "humping" the shark...?
EXCELLENT! Luv ya work gibri! cheers

Gunner Munro wrote:
It has an "interesting keel"  Shocked as you have pointed out lol!
Loving the set up of the photo's .keep 'em coming cheers cheers
Interesting indeed!
Did cause a bit of a stir when I had to declare it at Customs!
Glad you are enjoying the sequence Gunner Munro!

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 1:03 am

When his guide flatly refuses to go any deeper into the vast unknown jungle, our intrepid Professor A. Smith proceeds on alone.
Eventually he reaches a valley unmarked on any map where he first notices what seem to be small animals leaping and scurrying about.
At first sight they might be taken for lizards, however upon careful inspection by means of his powerful binoculars, he makes the astounding discovery that these creatures are perhaps not lizards at all.
To a expert paleontologist such as himself, their familiar shapes seem to suggest they are in fact some form of small, but certainly direct descendants of ....... the dinosaurs!
Here, living and breathing, and still existing right on the fossilised bones of their now long extinct ancestors!

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 X2j4wr

He carefully draws closer for a better view....

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 4:57 am

I hope Professor Smith takes a moment to notice the bigger picture! Shocked

Marvelous layering of the background and foreground elements.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 6:42 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I hope Professor Smith takes a moment to notice the bigger picture! Shocked
How prescient of you Dave! cyclops

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 8:05 am

Great effects!
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 4:25 am

Thanks Dal, ...always appreciated!

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 10:41 am

loving the lost world vibe , as the others have said great pictures and superb layering !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenUp the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 12:01 am

Captian action wrote:
loving the lost world vibe , as the others have said great pictures and superb layering !
Many thanks Captian action!  Very Happy

A abrupt silence descends on the jungle, and the already fetid air is suddenly filled with the smell of rotting meat.
The Professor senses another presence nearby, but remains surprisingly still, almost as though he possesses some advantage in what would seem to be a very dangerous and one-sided situation indeed....

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 XvrKYb

There are few men who could remain so calm when in such close proximity to an unexpected and imminent danger such as this. What is the secret of this seemingly foolhardy inaction?
Is he facing his certain death with the calm dignity he has always been known for, dying in the course of his audacious studies....or has he some esoteric knowledge that may yet save him?

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 G9oQGv

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 am

A sharp-eyed predator is likely attuned to detect motion. Perhaps Professor Smith is hoping that, if he remains very still, the scampering lizards in the distance will distract the great beast.

Or perhaps he's too frightened to move, or to even be aware of the warm, wet substance pooling in his boots.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
A......or to even be aware of the warm, wet substance pooling in his boots.
Oh I hope it hasn't come to that! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 7:11 am

LeStryge wrote:

Oh I hope it hasn't come to that!

Because he could be... uhm... sinking in quicksand! Yeah, that's it! Quicksand on the shore of the humid swamp! Razz

Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am

lestryge, sku hq you two crack me up ! another fantastic picture loving the t Rex breathing down the good doctors neck
the only bonus is maybe the tyrannosaurus wouldnt want to eat something that smells like kak !lol! lol! lol!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenUp the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 1:00 pm

The jungle already fetid air is suddenly filled with the smell of rotting meat. mmmm I think the smell of rotting meat is to do with the BIG T REX that’s BEHIND Professor Smith. Let’s hope Professor Smith doesn’t get eaten by the T Rex. I’m still loving the jungle background and even more important still loving the story LeStryge.

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 7:45 am

Professor's confidence in the face of such danger came from the certain knowledge that he was fully protected by wearing "T-REX Repellant"®,
an amazing product he fully endorses.

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 PlytGyzZj

100% effective!
Works EVERY time! Never lets you down.
Sweat & splash resistant. Super strength.
Safe for children too.
Will NOT harm other pets.
Can you afford NOT to be protected?  
Don't leave home without it!

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 PncgKcNRj

Now some of you may be doubting the efficacy of such a seemingly small proprietary product?
How effective could it really be against such a huge reptile?
Just ask yourself, ...when did you last see a T-Rex?

The rapacious monster turns and flees, completely and safely repelled by the "T-REX" ® Spray.

Comes in handy pocket or purse size.
DON'T get caught out!
Order yours today!
Watch this amazing demonstration!
See again how it REALLY works!

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Poxyoecvj

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 7:55 am

T Rex Repellant oh that made me laugh.

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Aw, man! I'm practically rollin' in the aisle at that one! lol! Nice build-up to a fantastic punchline gag!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!   Up the creek WITH a paddle.....! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Up the creek WITH a paddle.....!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes-
Jump to: