ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THANK YOU ALEX!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 am

I was going to leave these particular shots until Halloween, but decided to put them up now as I didn't want to wait any longer before showing Alex what I did with his great gift.

Shorty after I joined AMMO, Alex very generously sent me a NOFACE head  What a Face  that he had expertly kitbashed onto a MAM body which had black gloves.
He also alerted me to where I could purchase the same black hooded robe that I had seen on one of his figures.
(I also bought my version a one-piece all-over black leotard, as I didn't want any skin colour to show.)

I decided to do a Grim Reaper  What a Face  and cobbled together a nasty looking scythe from bits and pieces I already had.
Not being sure that Mr Reaper would wear black gloves to go about his grim business, I came up with the idea of painting some skeleton finger bones onto the gloves, as the black tends to disappear in photos.
Anyway, here's my graveyard shots featuring Old Grimy himself.  affraid

Sincere gratitude again Alex for your most welcome gift!

(I was pleased with the lighting in this shot. Always difficult to match the background. NO photoshopping used here.)
THANK YOU ALEX! PnPx82QEj

I kind of like the way the edge of the scythe catches the light.

THANK YOU ALEX! PnOmDVTgj

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 6:51 am

Man I’m really really scared of No Face as a Grim Reaper. You’v kitbashed the Grim Reaper plain and simple with making his nasty looking scythe from bits and pieces you already had. The graveyard scene also looks really really scary to.

Talking Commander
LeStryge

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 7:16 am

So glad you liked what I've done with your gift Alex!

Admin
Blondeactionman

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 8:01 am

Great bash! cool pic cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 8:10 am

Thanks Dal!!! Very Happy

Admin
SCU_HQ

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Marvelously mysterious and moody scene to get us all in to the Spirit of the Season!

Of course, in your part of the world, that means springtime heading in to summer! But for those of us here in the northern hemisphere, the weather is already taking on a gloomy chill with plunging temperatures and shorter daylight hours.

Plus, the markets and shops are already filled with Hallowe'en candy and enough decorations to out-do Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.

Admin
gibri

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 2:11 am

Fantastic shots Barry!!!

They'd make a great Hallowe'en card or a book cover.

or should I say, Thanks Alex!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:53 am

Thank you Dave and gibri!
Always great to have your work receive favourable comments!

The set up was a lot of fun to do, although it does seem that my efforts do not fall within the military/agent mission type scenarios that are so very well covered here on AMMO.
I do have heaps of men kitted out in military uniform but my love of fantasy seems to take over when it comes to photography.
Halloween has long been a favourite time for me and now it's really starting to take off here in Oz.
(Of course we all know it's REALLY just another occasion to make China even richer, but what can you do?)
Have been known to go "all-out" with the house decorations on prior Halloweens.

And Dave, ...have to say here you wouldn't be able to tell it's going into Spring/Summer.
This year we just didn't get a Winter at all!
Currently where I live is surrounded by huge bushfires, ...to the North, to the South and to the West! (All far enough away to not pose any threat to my home thankfully.)
Only place there aren't any is to the East, ....and that's only because fires don't usually break out on the Pacific Ocean!
If there's a Westerly wind the smoke can make visibility very difficult.

inntruderr61

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 1:05 am

Wow no face has never looked better! lol!

Great job on the figure and scenery! cheers

Talking Commander
LeStryge

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 1:31 am

Thanks heaps inntruderr61!
I do think he makes a great Grim Reaper!
Like me, he's really looking forward to Halloween! What a Face What a Face What a Face

I'm thinking maybe I can stick some white felt bone cut-outs onto his black leotard to give even more of the skeletal look in photographs?

THANK YOU ALEX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU ALEX!   THANK YOU ALEX! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU ALEX!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Random Pictures-
Jump to: