ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Time Traveller

Go down 
+4
Dreadnought
FIELD STATION 42
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 am

Here is my Steampunk Time Traveller in his Time Machine preparing to venture into the future...or perhaps even the past?

The Time Traveller RnglIt
Back to top Go down

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 6:25 am

He finds a bleak toxic world.....

The Time Traveller PgCaYr
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 am

Great looking character! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:02 am

Thank you Dal!
You too have created more than a few of those! cheers
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:30 am

That’s a time-tastic Steampunk Time Traveller kitbash LeStryge.

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:40 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Alex, ...are you replying from hospital?
Huge thanks for the effort!
Hope you are feeling OK?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:50 am

LeStryge wrote:
Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Alex, ...are you replying from hospital?
Huge thanks for the effort!
Hope you are feeling OK?

Yes I am. It’s because I’m 2nd in the queue.

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 am

It will be done before you know it.........and you will feel SO much better!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Whoa! Your Time Traveler figure is steampunkaliciously cool!

Extraordinary photo manipulation! The time machine pic, in particular, is especially amazing!

Dreadnought

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Great stuff !! A wonderfully inventive steampunk bash. Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 pm

WOW! LOve those Steampunk Time Traveller photos! cheers cheers cheers
Well done! Very Happy

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm

THANKS Dave, Kev and Jim! I was glad to be able to finish my Steampunk bloke.

SCU_HQ wrote:
The time machine pic, in particular, is especially amazing!
The Time Machine you see is actually partially composed of my brass Orrery, .......a scientific device that shows the date, the month, the daily position of the Moon, the changing seasonal tilt of the Earth on its axis, the degrees of the current astrological sign, each particular full moon has a name and of course it also shows day and night. (There is provision for a candle to fit in front of the reflective disc you see right behind the Traveller's head. This casts light on one side of the Earth and also the Moon.)

It's an amazing machine, found neglected in a cardboard box at a car-boot market. It had at some time been bent by being jammed into a too small container and then something heavy stacked on top. Some of the features mentioned above were not working. The mechanism is an incredibly complicated and intricate interconnected mass of cogs, gears and grub screws, both above the horizontal disc you see and below. So it was with great trepidation I attempted a repair, because if things slipped and fell apart I'd be left with a confusing pile of loose bits and would not have had the slightest clue as to how it all went back together again. NO manual!
I tied and pegged each joint separately as I disassembled it and finally found a single bent cog which was not engaging properly with the rest of the machinery. After straightening it and giving everything a good clean and lubrication, fortunately I was able to reassemble everything again and now it works perfectly.
You turn a single handle once each day to make all the features advance.

It did come with a brass "Earth" globe, but I have replaced that with the old map version you see in the pic. because I think it looks better. It all still works the same and I've kept the original.
I have no idea of the age of the piece.

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 12:30 am

Brilliant work all around Barry, the figure, the lay-out, backgrounds, photography and I love that Orrery. I don't have any idea, but I would guess that thing would cost a fair few dollars. What a great find and well done restoring it!

You've totally captured Steampunkenography at it's finest.

cheers  study  cheers
Back to top Go down

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 12:40 am

gibri wrote:
Brilliant work all around Barry, the figure, the lay-out, backgrounds, photography and I love that Orrery. I don't have any idea, but I would guess that thing would cost a fair few dollars. What a great find and well done restoring it!

You've totally captured Steampunkography at it's finest.

cheers  study  cheers

Huge thanks Brian! It's always great to have one's work appreciated.

The orrery cost me about $300 Aus. The seller had no idea as to what it actually was. I think he just bunged that price on thinking he was over-charging me, but I have long admired ones I've seen in antique shops and astronomical collections, so I wasn't too fazed about paying that for it. It was all brass, looked complete and part of it seemed to move OK so I thought maybe it could be made fully functional again.
Considered taking it to a professional clockmaker, but decided to "have a go" myself.
It is a great conversation piece sitting on  my desk, and with all those "time" functions is possesses I thought it was just crying out to be part of a fanciful time machine.

The "seat" the figure is sitting on was a brightly coloured piece of some plastic toy I found in a charity shop for 50 cents. I have absolutely no idea what it's meant to be or what it's a part of, but ever on the lookout for things with "potential", a little hammered copper spray paint and voila!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 3:59 am

Fascinating story behind the orrery! What a find! Here you lament the cost of eBay shipping to Oz, but you can head out to a boot fair and find something like that! No more empathy for you, my friend! Razz

I am impressed that you were able to repair it, and by your careful methodology to avoid further damaging it during the repair process.

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 4:15 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Fascinating story behind the orrery! What a find! Here you lament the cost of eBay shipping to Oz, but you can head out to a boot fair and find something like that! No more empathy for you, my friend! Razz
Finds like the orrery don't come along every day!
Most of the stuff at car-boot markets is just unwanted junk looking to clutter up a new home.

SCU_HQ wrote:
I am impressed that you were able to repair it, and by your careful methodology to avoid further damaging it during the repair process.
Being no great expert when it comes to complicated devices, I freely confess that the whole process was not without many very tense moments when the possession of three hands would have been a real asset!
At any minute I feared the whole complicated mechanism could suddenly collapse apart into a loose pile of indistinguishable bits and pieces.
It would have been quite literally impossible to establish what went where should that have happened.

There are in fact four different but interconnected levels of clockwork like contrivance.
Somebody put a great deal of thought, knowledge and mathematics into the ratios of each cog, the number of teeth on each one etc. so as to get all the rotations exactly right to make every dial and pointer move and register correctly with just the one daily turn of a single crank.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Yes indeed a fascinating story behind the orrery! cheers
Super cool LeStryge! Very Happy

Professor Gangrene Fan

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 11:25 am

LeStryge wrote:
He finds a bleak toxic world.....

The Time Traveller PgCaYr

I wonder what he is caring mmmm.

Professor Gangrene Fan

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 11:28 am

When I relooked at your Steampunk Time Traveller head sculpt I definitely recognise him because I’v got the same Lanard action figure too.
The Time Traveller 803-E53-E5-FDFC-4508-8-C11-0-E05-F0243-A11

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I wonder what he is caring mmmm.
He is carrying a luminiferous aetheric plasmatic radiance generator.

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
When I relooked at your Steampunk Time Traveller head sculpt I definitely recognise him because I’v got the same Lanard action figure  too.
Same head sculpt I think but mine has quite reddish coloured beard, moustache and hair whereas your bloke seems to be of a dark brown colour.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 11:34 pm

Your Steampunk Time Traveller Lanard action figure has a quite reddish coloured beard you type, you mean like this one
The Time Traveller 5-F21707-F-8518-46-B1-AD94-F2-F1-F930343-C

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 3:45 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Your Steampunk Time Traveller Lanard action figure has a quite reddish coloured beard you type, you mean like this one
Yes, that's him exactly Alex! (I also have the dark bloke and even a blondish version of the same fellow too.)

For my Steampunk adventurer I originally imagined him as a fully flocked face, but as there's no one close by who does flocking I decided to use "red-beard" instead.
I still think he turned out rather well.

Here he is back home in his own time...but planning where to jump to next using his wonderful machine.

The Time Traveller F3fNHX

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 4:15 am

It appears your Time Traveller has a miniaturized luminiferous aetheric plasmatic radiance generator in his wrist-mounted chronometer.

Marvelous combination of miniatures and layered effects. I can't tell for certain which is which... which is the objective, of course!

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 4:20 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
It appears your Time Traveller has a miniaturized luminiferous aetheric plasmatic radiance generator in his wrist-mounted chronometer.
The technology has many applications.

SCU_HQ wrote:
Marvelous combination of miniatures and layered effects. I can't tell for certain which is which... which is the objective, of course!
Thanks Dave! Your comments are always appreciated!
Much of what you see is just "stuff" from my own ever burgeoning collection of "things-with-possibilities".

No CG layering or other computer effects added at all. Just a straight studio shot in fact.
Everything you see, with the exception of those bookcases is real.

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 4:44 am

This is really well done.

You've inspired me to rewatch Rod Taylor in The Time Machine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Time Traveller Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Time Traveller   The Time Traveller Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Time Traveller
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next