ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)

Go down 
+3
SlackElastic
BAMComix
FIELD STATION 42
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gibri
Admin
gibri

Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 5:03 am

More great additions, Jim!!!

You saved that pic from the Palitoy factory, cool!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 10:53 pm

Glad I posted some of these pics as photobucket will not allow me back on
there site unless I pay! And all my Gijoe pics are on photobucket...So alot will be lost... Mad

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 2:49 am

Don't you have copies stored in your hard drive?

or a cloud back-up?

Hope you don't lose them.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 3:02 am

gibri wrote:
Don't you have copies stored in your hard drive?

or a cloud back-up?

Hope you don't lose them.

No backup so going to lose them all! Crying or Very sad

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 3:18 am

Sorry to hear it Jim. Crying or Very sad

I wouldn't give up all hope. I have heard of some photobucket pics showing back up in some threads. Plus any pics still showing here could be right click, "save image as" in most computers. I just saved a couple of your pics to my pics file in my hard drive.

I kinda don't understand how you get them posted without having saved them? Do you have any of the original SD cards from the camera? Most of this stuff is automatically saved. You have to make an effort to erase it.

I still use an old camera with a small data card. I fill it with pics, then transfer them to my hard drive, delete data card and repeat.

Some of my older large data cards have been copied but are still loaded with old images.

but I must have a zillion pics saved to my hard drive.

Two of my 3 computers are really old, over 10 years. There's a nice computer shop here and for a hundred or two, they have cloned my old machines when they were starting to go bad. I still  have all my old data and programs. They even updated one of the old machines to WIN 10 and I still have all the old data and programs, pics, comic life and everything. Those guys are miracle workers and cheap.

I kept one of the old machines with the old WIN XP operating system so I can continue to RIP CD's and continue to add music to my music library of over 1000 albums
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Cool read Bri!

I have some newer pics on SD cards...But all my older pics...NO.... Crying or Very sad

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 7:51 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Cool read Bri!

I have some newer pics on SD cards...But all my older pics...NO.... Crying or Very sad

Thanks Jim, I'm never sure how much of my ignorance to reveal... Suspect

I hope you're able to salvage most of your pics.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Great pics !!!
Don't think I've EVER seen a GI Joe / VAM mooning whilst in a breeches buoy !!! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 12:00 am

Dreadnought wrote:
Great pics !!!
Don't think I've EVER seen a GI Joe / VAM mooning whilst in a breeches buoy !!! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

lol! Thanks!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 am

Found these pics I had taken years ago...

Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 15008710
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 53230910
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 15025110
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 15337710
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 15584610
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 16255910
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 19749910
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 19752510
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 19796910
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10001510
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10001511
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10155110

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 12:54 am

All good but I really like the bloke doing his standard backward water entry from the rubber raft!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 1:00 am

Yes I have a plastic wheelbarrow I put rocks in and water and did my water scenes that way... lol! And a few pics were actually in our close small river..

A few more...

Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 98843110
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 14602610
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 19396910

Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10006610
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10151810
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10154910
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10155010
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10155710
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10167910
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 15091110
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 19774710
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 10382810
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 15052710

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 2:11 am

I was looking at the circuit breaker picture and thinking, "wow! What a cool control panel set!" Then I realized what it was! Good use of around-the-house settings!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 4:32 pm

Older snow pic..,
Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 209_0511

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 4:47 pm

That picture makes me feel all cold but I still really like it though Jim.

Last edited by Prof Gangrene Fan on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 4:47 pm

Love the snow pic Jim! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
That picture makes me feel all cold but I still really like it though Jim.

Thanks Alex! Yep snow is cold! Brrrrrrrrrrr!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Love the snow pic Jim! bounce bounce

Thanks Dal! Very Happy

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 8:17 pm

The guy in the sailor outfit with the pea jacket and stocking cap looks amazing!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 8:42 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
The guy in the sailor outfit with the pea jacket and stocking cap looks amazing!

He's a salty sailor lost in the snow... lol!

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 10:48 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Older snow pic..,
NO FAIR! You guys have REAL snow to work with! Crying or Very sad

Here if I wish to do a snow scene I have to fake it with bicarb soda , salt or whatever that never really looks convincing!
(Not to mention being damned expensive if I have to use a lot!)

Re. your "salty sailor", only yesterday I went to Cotswolds to buy another of their wonderfully made pea coats and they weren't even listed as for sale! Maybe they've gone for good?

I read that the U.S. Navy has DISCONTINUED issuing pea coats to the sailors and has replaced it with an ugly synthetic "parka" looking thing. (Cheaper to make and more "functional" they claim!)
This has caused consternation for a U.S. firm that employs many workers manufacturing pea coats. The coats are still being listed as "optional purchases" but not part of the issued kit. It is unlikely that the sailors will now opt to buy them out of their own money seeing as they are not exactly cheap.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 12:42 am

Cotswold still has pea coats...

here:
https://www.gijoeelite.com/Pea-Coat-Wool

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 1:07 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Cotswold still has pea coats...here:
Delighted to hear that Jim!
But have to say they have re-appeared since yesterday.
I'll be ordering immediately
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 3:57 am

Nice shots Jim!!!

I have to say, that pea coat must be one of Cot's best sellers. I bought one and love it. When I went to order another -- gone. Then some time later, there they were again!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 4:03 am

gibri wrote:
I bought one and love it. When I went to order another -- gone. Then some time later, there they were again!
My experience exactly Brian!
Perhaps supply runs out from time to time until they order more from the maker?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)   Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blasts from the past! Added more pics (Pea coat link posted...)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next