ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sparkys Childhood Collection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Sparkys Childhood Collection Empty
PostSubject: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 11:14 pm

So, sadly both my parents have died within the last ten months it's been a dreadful year and I miss them terribly.

Rather astonishingly, my childhood collection has resurfaced whilst sorting stuff out! There's 18 figures, a lot of vehicles and some clothes and accessories. I'm going to need to restore most of the figures, vehicles and clothes but the memories of both my mum and dad's repairs is a bit overwhelming. My dad carved a replacement lower leg out of wood and my mum made floral sleeping bags and seeing her stitching on replacement poppers is lovely. It's been an emotional time and I feel blessed to have such great memories of my parents. My sister found another box of vehicles today.

It's all a bit battered as I gave my toys a real workout but pulling the string on my TC and hearing him talk really took me back as did seeing how I'd dressed them. They are quite literally as I left them.

When I can remember how to upload photos I will Smile it's good to be back in the world of VAM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Welcome back! cheers
BUT I'm so sorry to hear about your parents passing! My condolences!
Great memories!

Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 12:01 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Welcome back!  cheers
Great memories!

Thanks Jim,

Good to be back, but so sad it's in these circumstances. Hope all is well with you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 12:28 am

Sparkys6887 wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
Welcome back!  cheers
Great memories!

Thanks Jim,

Good to be back, but so sad it's in these circumstances. Hope all is well with you?

All is ok here with me...Thanks for asking...But my wife has been ill on and off since June... Kidney stone and other health
problems...

PostSubject: Re: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 12:35 am

Sparky, I'm a newbie here we haven't really got to know each other yet, but my I must express my sincere sympathy in such distressing times. Losing both parents in 10 months is such an emotional strain for you.
I'm very glad you found your childhood toys again, and those little repair touches left by your parents obviously show the love they felt for you and the care they took to ensure your childhood happiness.
Who would have guessed they'd all been put away so carefully by your Mum and Dad and would come to light for you now?
I hope your re-engaging with your finds and all their evoked memories manages in some way to provide comfort .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 8:09 am

Good too see you back sparks. So sorry to hear of the passing of your parents Sad . Things will get easier mate.

Great news about finding your childhood guys! I can imagine the overwhelming emotions that came with it too. It will be great too see them, when you get a chance. Most of the guys use postimage now to upload, its an easy sytem to use too, so hopefully you won't have too many problems, if you do you can always drop me a pm for help cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 am

Can't wait to see some of your pics in the future Sparks!! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sparkys Childhood Collection   Sparkys Childhood Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparkys Childhood Collection
Page 1 of 1