Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Entering The Valley

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

Entering The Valley - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 2:20 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Because, yeah, pretty much anywhere in Oz you have to keep an eye out for toxic luminous sand-cobras. At least with the lawn gone dry, the toxic luminous sand-cobras are easier to spot.
I was wondering what had happened to all those drop-bears that used to be so common here.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 pm

I’m really excited about finding out what’s lurking within this ancient relic.

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 5:51 am

Entering The Valley - Page 3 Ls90wl

***Please read "WALDO" for our American Friends!

Last edited by LeStryge on Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:11 am

Razz Razz Razz

Total spit-take time! That was unexpected!

Pardon me while I find a cloth to clean up my keyboard!

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Razz Razz Razz

Total spit-take time! That was unexpected!

Pardon me while I find a cloth to clean up my keyboard!

Dave, ....remind me to tell you I luv ya! I love you I love you I love you (Plus I got to use that emoji!)
SO glad you got a laugh out of it.
Sometimes I do try for the unexpected.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:54 am

lol! lol! lol!

LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 8:14 am

Found the figure in a charity shop, ...right scale so just HAD to use him somehow!
Thanks Dal, ...glad you too found it amusing!

Talking Commander
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:31 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! superb lol! lol! lol! lol!

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:33 am

Glad my little joke caused you some amusement too Chris!
I do try to not always be serious you know! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 11:58 am

LeStryge wrote:
Entering The Valley - Page 3 Ls90wl

lol! lol! lol!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Things you learn on the way to looking up other things...   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 2:23 pm

...I always knew him as Waldo. So, I had to look him up...

...but what I really learned is that he was banned in 1990 because the artist slipped in a drawing of a topless woman in a beach scene..

Great idea Barry, very clever and well done! Great find too.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 9:29 pm

gibri wrote:
...I always knew him as Waldo. So, I had to look him up...
Thanks Alex and Brian!
Yes I only recently learned that in America the puzzles were called "Where's Waldo"!
And other names around the world apparently! See reference below, but he was originally "Wally"...and British!

But not only has this international man of mystery gotten lost in scenes across the world, but so has his original identity. Continuing the pattern started with its introduction to the US, Wally got a new name and it seems, a new attitude with every country he was introduced. In some countries, Waldo retained the whimsical "˜w' in his name: For example, in Germany, he's Walter ("Wo ist Walter?") and in Norway, he's Willy ("Der hvor er Willy?"). But in France, he became Charlie ("Ou est Charlie?"), in Denmark, Holger and in Israel, Effi. According to Wikipedia (and therefore not entirely to be believed), American Waldo is a hipper, more "tech-savvy" traveler, while British Wally is a bit of a dork.

Footnote: I also just noticed that as the puzzles were called "Ou est Charlie" in France, it adds a little more irony to that "Je suis Charlie" that became a catch cry after the Muslim-inspired terrorist massacre of the Charlie Hebdo staff in Paris.

And HERE'S the "topless" woman (uncensored) that Gibri mentioned that caused all the fuss. Can you believe an American woman actually complained and had this book banned over this?
It is SO tiny I'm surprised she even found it!
Later editions had the bikini top replaced.
Now I think I've just successfully de-railed my own thread!  Crying or Very sad

Entering The Valley - Page 3 GB4Yyl

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 12:17 am

Leaving the strange bloke in the red-&-white striped shirt (who seemed so anxious to be found) to find his own way out of The Valley, our two explorers come to a large waterfall which tumbled even further down the escarpment....

Entering The Valley - Page 3 NY49Rd

Not having any provision to cross such a swiftly flowing water, they decide to climb down the rocky cliff.

Entering The Valley - Page 3 Vz4Ghx

The roar of the torrent makes conversation almost impossible as they start to negotiate the slippery moss-covered rocks.
A fall or even a slip here could cause serious injury and they are now far from any help, with no radio contact.

Entering The Valley - Page 3 Wde5OL

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 2:04 am

I remembered the "topless" photo in the Where's Waldo illustration being innocuous, but I'd forgotten just how innocuous it was! It was a classic slapstick gag of the type popular fifty or a hundred years ago, not obscene in any way.

There are people in the world with zero sense of humor and people who seem determined to ruin everything. EVERYTHING! Makes me feel sad.

So... back on to happier things: those waterfall pics are excellent! The terrain looks satisfactorily slippery and muddy and dangerous!

Probably dangerous for the photographer as well! Good place to fall and bang your knees pretty good, if you manage to avoid slipping in to the stream and getting totally soaked.

Looks like you're getting plenty of rain! That stream is really moving!

That slouch hat is cool the dinkum bizzy!

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 2:37 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
There are people in the world with zero sense of humor and people who seem determined to ruin everything. EVERYTHING!
All part of what I call "The Outrage Brigade"....or "Offence-eologists" They will shift back years to find something someone might have said that could possibly be construed as "racist". That's their favourite go-to word to shut anyone up!

SCU_HQ wrote:
those waterfall pics are excellent! The terrain looks satisfactorily slippery and muddy and dangerous!
Probably dangerous for the photographer as well! Good place to fall and bang your knees pretty good, if you manage to avoid slipping in to the stream and getting totally soaked.
Looks like you're getting plenty of rain! That stream is really moving!

Glad you liked the pics Dave!
I was a bit worried that one of the blokes might slip and fall into the stream during the time I went back to get the camera. (It was raining still so I'd left it under cover.)
He would have undoubtedly been swept away into a deep dark pool with very little or no chance of any recovery. I don't think MAMs float?

Having had NO rain for over six whole months, the weather seems determined to make up for it now by raining (heavily) nearly every day!
The biggest danger to the photographer was actually the attack of the damned mosquitos that have managed to take advantage of the warm weather and numerous pools of water everywhere to breed prolifically!
They are usually not bad at all here, but now a single bit from the mostrous damned things could put you in need of a blood transfusion!
The greedy buggers literally survive the usual harsh slap from the hand and continue about their business of draining your blood completely unperturbed!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 2:43 am

Great shots Barry!!!

And then there was...water!!! Would I be right in thinking that a month or so ago this creek would have been bone dry? I am so glad to learn that global climate change is a hoax and you are not going to all burn to a crisp.

I guess I have mixed feelings about Waldo. My first reaction is to think that it's a great funny little thing for the artist to put in and that the woman should put a cork in it, but maybe it was her kid who noticed it first and started asking uncomfortable questions...still, that has to be the oldest gag on the beach and hardly worthy of censorship and a mother is going to have a lot trickier questions to answer than a topless woman on the beach... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 am

It's been a long time since I tossed one in the drink, but I think they float(?) Maybe after the cavity fills with water it will sink(?)

I had a little accident with one on vacation. He fell out of a raft. Pretty sure he floated, but he wasn't in long and in no danger till later when my wife discovered him drying out on the bed. He was in danger then and no mistake...
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 2:53 am

gibri wrote:
Great shots Barry!!!
Thanks Brian, ...much appreciated!

gibri wrote:
And then there was...water!!! Would I be right in thinking that a month or so ago this creek would have been bone dry? I am so glad to learn that global climate change is a hoax and you are not going to all burn to a crisp.
ABSOLUTELY right!
Not only was it bone dry, but a harsh cracked mosaic of dried out clay! Even the billabong into which it flows looked dry, but was very treacherous to walk on. I tried but started to rapidly sink beyond the protection of my rubber boots..."gumboots" here, "Wellingtons" or "Wellies" to you Brits!
Oh the doomsday predictors had our coastal cities under water by now. Curiously though, our oceans seem remarkably stable, ....pity really because I was looking forward to having absolute beach-front property!lol!

gibri wrote:
I guess I have mixed feelings about Waldo. My first reaction is to think that it's a great funny little thing for the artist to put in and that the woman should put a cork in it, but maybe it was her kid who noticed it first and started asking uncomfortable questions...still, that has to be the oldest gag on the beach and hardly worthy of censorship and a mother is going to have a lot trickier questions to answer than a topless woman on the beach... Rolling Eyes
It's my guess the kids of today, raised as they are on commercials and media, would have not even noticed anything "wrong" with it.
You have to be taught such prejudices.

Nearly all the major beaches here in Oz are "topless" if women so choose.
Of course for men here it's almost obligatory....... lol!

Last edited by LeStryge on Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 2:56 am

gibri wrote:
I had a little accident with one on vacation. He fell out of a raft. Pretty sure he floated, but he wasn't in long and in no danger till later when my wife discovered him drying out on the bed. He was in danger then and no mistake...
You DO like to live dangerously!
Wet objects on the bed?
A wet towel will set off WWIII, much less an action figure! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 3:11 am

Well, in my defense, it was an unused bedroom and I'd have gotten away with it if the door hadn't been left open. Pretty sure I laid him out on a towel.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 3:52 am

gibri wrote:
Well, in my defense, it was an unused bedroom and I'd have gotten away with it if the door hadn't been left open. Pretty sure I laid him out on a towel.
And just who left the door open?

Sorry, I tend to forget you are in winter over there!
My two blokes both got quite damp in the rain near that waterfall, but a few minutes on a table under the verandah and they were dry again.

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 3:57 am

gibri wrote:
maybe it was her kid who noticed it first
Just a thought.
Can't have been all that long ago when said kid had a completely naked, fully real adult breast shoved right in her face several times a day and then again at night....right?
So why the fuss just a few years later? Question

What I am surprised about is how poorly drawn the figures are for such a popular book.

And just what is that white man top left corner actually doing, or is about to do to the darker figure under him? Hmmmmm? lol! lol! lol!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 8:06 am

That location is perfect for adventuring action men! Nice work Barry!

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 10:09 am

The location is just wonderful that you’ve used to photograph for this part of this story. I’ve know I’ve probably typed this before but I’m a huge fan of Action Man outside pictures.

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 9:34 pm

Thanks Dal and Alex! Glad you enjoyed the shots at the waterfall.
I too find I am enjoying working outdoors more and more, specially now that the drought has broken here.
Lots of opportunities, but the damned mosquitos are a pain. However as the weather cools somewhat they tend to disappear.

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Valley   Entering The Valley - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entering The Valley
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Comics and Stories-
Jump to: