Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At the Beach!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
ASTRONAUGHT
LeStryge

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Thought members might enjoy seeing these two pics of my nearest beach taken yesterday. Notice the crowds?
Such a perfect day!
If Willie B. Back ever makes it to Australia he's sure to enjoy a day here.

At the Beach! JlWK9a

At the Beach! Ph8yiK

Red Devil
SCU_HQ

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Nobody on the beach... because the sharks and the stingers got 'em all?

That is an absolutely insane view.

By "nearest beach," what are we talking? Walking distance? Quick drive? Three-hour flight by bush plane from your sheep station in the Red Centre? This is the view from your back deck?

inntruderr61

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Wow great view! cheers
I'd be doing Joe pics on that beach! Very Happy

ASTRONAUGHT
LeStryge

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 11:29 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
By "nearest beach," what are we talking? Walking distance? Quick drive? Three-hour flight by bush plane from your sheep station in the Red Centre? This is the view from your back deck?
Only a quick drive Dave, ...and you can always park right where the second pic is taken.
We are spoiled for choice here as the coast is just one magnificent unspoilt beach after another separated only by rocky headlands.
(And currently every damn day is perfect "beach weather" due to the drought.)

Luckily there are ordinances in place that say you cannot build anything on the green protection zone, nor can anyone or any company "own" or buy a beach privately and prevent the public from access to it in any way.
Unlike Europe and all those other places where you have to pay or are forbidden unless you are a hotel guest, here the beaches belong to the Australian population in general.

Red Devil
SCU_HQ

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 12:06 am

[quote="LeStryge"]
SCU_HQ wrote:

Luckily there are ordinances in place that say you cannot build anything on the green protection zone, nor can anyone or any company "own" or buy a beach privately and prevent the public from access to it in any way.
Unlike Europe and all those other places where you have to pay or are forbidden unless you are a hotel guest, here the beaches belong to the Australian population in general.

In Oregon in the States where I grew up the beaches were like that, with all the actual beaches being public and public access points provided at reasonable intervals. Some properties had been owned long before those rules were put in place, so those properties were taken over by resort developers, but the beaches themselves were all open.

In Hawaii, where I lived for several years, the beaches themselves were "in theory" open to the public, and "in theory" the state was required to provide a public access point every few hundred yards/meters. But there was often no parking near the access points, some oceanfront landowners fenced off or completely obliterated the public access points, and both homes and resorts were constructed right down to the edge of the vegetation line.

And then people would whine and cry for government assistance when the ocean undercut their beachfront property.

Oregon beaches are wide like the ones pictured here, but cold and often windy. Hawaii beaches are for the most part narrow to non-existent. The nearest beach to where I lived in Hawaii was often deserted like this, but there were houses built right up to the vegetation line.

Prof Gangrene Fan

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 am

Aw, what a really lovely looking beach. The pictures of the beach give me a sunny hot holiday feeling.

ASTRONAUGHT
LeStryge

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 12:32 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
And then people would whine and cry for government assistance when the ocean undercut their beachfront property.
Oh we have our share of those whiners here too , specially in Sydney.
They build their expensive McMansions right on the ocean's edge and brag about their luxurious water-front lifestyle, then when the first storm surge comes along and the nouveau-palazzo is being undermined and threatening at any moment to fall into the waves, they start to whine, look around for somebody to blame for their own stupidity, and want the taxpayer to pay for expensive mitigation works to save their property.
This was NOT a beach, just a rocky cliff with a drop off into the water. 
So you wanted "ocean views" eh???

Don't you love the detached swimming pool?

At the Beach! NKUba2
At the Beach! YPL1E7

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
ASTRONAUGHT
LeStryge

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Aw, what a really lovely looking beach. The pictures of the beach give me a sunny hot holiday feeling.  
Thank you Alex!
I wish you here to recuperate on the warm sand right now.

inntruderr61

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 12:58 am

Yikes on those disaster pics! Shocked

ASTRONAUGHT
LeStryge

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 am

I have always said that if the ocean doesn't want it there then it will remove it.
This applies to anything man might want to do in or near the sea.

Red Devil
SCU_HQ

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 1:54 am

I blame CLIMATE CHANGE! TAKE AWAY ALL THE CARS! Well, all the cars from the poor and middle class, at least.
Rolling Eyes

ASTRONAUGHT
LeStryge

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 2:42 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I blame CLIMATE CHANGE! TAKE AWAY ALL THE CARS! Well, all the cars from the poor and middle class, at least. Rolling Eyes
Oh and don't forget,.....NO jet travel for you, but of course we'll still go First Class in a Private Plane as many times as we want.
Whines... "The media is just so unfair"...... Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad

At the Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Beach!   At the Beach! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the Beach!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: