ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ

Go down 
+7
Professor Gangrene Fan
TheOneManKid
gibri
Gunner Munro
somekindajoe
inntruderr61
BAMComix
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 2:08 am

I’v finally looked though all the pictures of Willie’s norwegian star cruise ship holiday and you’v done a incredible job of snapping Willie visiting all these places. What a real credit you’v done on adding to Willie B. Back grand tour Wink. I bet you had lots of fun taking the pictures too.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 2:25 am

Let's wrap this thing up, shall we?

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W157

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W158

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W159

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W160

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W161

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W162

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W163

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 W164

THE END

Willie is now on his way to the American midwestern state of Indiana and GIBRI-HQ for further adventures!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 2:36 am

awesome trip my only travels were in the Marines
Okinawa,Alaska,Guam,Tinian, and Korea
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 2:41 am

A most worthy and highly interesting documentation of another episode in Willie's world tour Dave!
I'm not sure later hosts can manage anything quite as extensive as that itinerary.
Willie's passport must surely have a lot of stamps by now.
Did the guitar suffer damage from sea air?

Incidentally, how was the voyage around Cape Horn, which is always depicted in movies and literature as being some of the roughest seas ever to be found.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 3:00 am

LeStryge wrote:
A most worthy and highly interesting documentation of another episode in Willie's world tour Dave!

Did the guitar suffer damage from sea air?

Incidentally, how was the voyage around Cape Horn, which is always depicted in movies and literature as being some of the roughest seas ever to be found.

I was realizing earlier today that Willie's World Tour will ultimately be a true circumnavigation of the globe! He started in the UK, crossed the Atlantic to the States (twice, technically), detoured to circle the lower half of South America, including rounding the Horn, and after finishing up his tour in the States he will continue west to Oz, and thence back to the UK! He's a regular Phileas Fogg!

Cruise ships have very strict rules these days about transporting weapons or dangerous articles. Willie's guitar was considered to be both, so it was not allowed onboard.
Razz

The Cape Horn passage was smooth. Uncharacteristically smooth, so we were informed. The swell height was less than 2 meters / 6 feet with winds of only a few knots. "Normal" swell height for this area is twice to three times that, with winds in the 20 to 40 knot range. The pleasant passage was apparently quite unusual, with the "norm" more closely resembling what is depicted in films and books.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 3:06 am

Wow...and wow again!!!

Fantastic trip, Willie has really logged the miles on this trip.

Thanks for all the pics and sharing your vacation with us -- wonderful!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 4:09 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Cruise ships have very strict rules these days about transporting weapons or dangerous articles. Willie's guitar was considered to be both, so it was not allowed onboard.
Dayum!
And there was I hoping it had been confiscated as a Weapon of Mass Disruption, sewn into canvas and given a full burial at sea........

Q: What does a guitar and a lawsuit have in common? A: Everyone is relieved when the case is closed.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 8:00 am

What a spectacular trip! Willie B will have many a tale to tell back at the Ammo Arm's when he returns! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 12:44 am

After Willie has been to visit Gibri-HQ, where I'm sure Commander Brian will treat him to some of the spectacular sights and features of Indiana, it's rumoured that his next scheduled destination will be the long haul Downunder to Oz, where he will be billeted in comfort here at FORT CHUNAYTE!

My resident troops are all a-buzz with this scuttlebutt and are already planning some high jinx for the visiting Pom!
Hope he's up to it! lol!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 am

I can hear my figures now:

We're not worthy,
We're not worthy...

scratch study scratch
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 7:56 am

gibri wrote:
I can hear my figures now:

We're not worthy,
We're not worthy...

scratch study scratch

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Awesome thread! Well done! cheers

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:32 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:

Totally agree !! Some marvelous shots in a great thread !!! cheers cheers

Kev.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:

Totally agree !! Some marvelous shots in a great thread !!! cheers cheers

After his adventure with Dave it'd be massive understatement to say that Willie 'Gets about a bit!' cheers

...and don't worry Brian and Barry.....No pressure!! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 1:13 am

somekindajoe wrote:

...and don't worry Brian and Barry.....No pressure!! lol! lol!

Cape Horn...Faulklands...no biggie...

silent silent silent

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 3:19 am

Ha! Wait till he encounters our Drop-Bears!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2024 1:42 pm

I was just looking back over Willie B's grand adventure! You certainly added many a miles too Will's journey. I mean come on, how many Action Men can claim to have been to the Falklands, or round the Cape of Good Hope?, Florida, Disneyland? Not many I would wager! It is such a shame that Willie's final leg of his journey is missing, now. that all G.I.Bri's pics have disappeared.
It would've also been great if his journeys could've continued, but of course with the onset f Covid, that kinda put an end to his journeys. However, I do have such amazingly fond memories of the support for thei sproject from all you guys that made this so memorable. Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2024 3:11 pm

BAMComix wrote:
... but of course with the onset f Covid, that kinda put an end to his journeys.

The COVID Era literally began the last day we were on that cruise ship. All of a sudden the entire staff was wearing masks and gloves and scrubbing every surface with disinfectant. The buffet lines were shut down and the entire ship's complement, including officers, were pressed in to service as dining staff, individually serving passengers in the previously self-serve dining areas. Nobody seemed to know what was happening; they said they had received directions from the corporation to make the changes immediately as there was "some kind of virus" circulating "on some ships," but nobody knew exactly where. It was a strange ending to the adventure.

PostSubject: Re: Willie B. Back at SCU HQ   Willie B. Back at SCU HQ - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Willie B. Back at SCU HQ
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6