ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars Sandcrawler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

Star Wars Sandcrawler Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 12:46 am

This is a diorama I made for  friend to display his smaller scale "Star Wars" figures. This is one of his favourite scenes.

I made the Sandcrawler itself entirely from just corrugated cardboard recycled from boxes and computer print-out.
It's actually quite a bit longer at either end than you see in this photograph. There is an upper door for Jawas to stand in which is internally lit.

Star Wars Sandcrawler XsELmv

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 1:15 am

That is amazing! affraid You made the tracks! And you used the corrugations in the cardboard to make the track mechanism look more realistic!

Wow! Just... wow!

When I was a kid, the sandcrawler scenes were my favorite sequence in the first movie. It looked so real, and so huge! I was very sad when the sandcrawler was destroyed by the Storm Troopers.

How did you do the internal lighting? Battery-operated holiday string lights?

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 3:21 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
When I was a kid, the sandcrawler scenes were my favorite sequence in the first movie. It looked so real, and so huge! I was very sad when the sandcrawler was destroyed by the Storm Troopers.
I was disappointed when I saw that in reality the thing was little bigger than a shoe box! The very low camera angle made the thing look huge as it came into view over the sand hill!

SCU_HQ wrote:
How did you do the internal lighting? Battery-operated holiday string lights?
Very similar. Those things have great applications for modelling. I did a cut-away flying saucer for the same bloke using them.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 5:46 am

Great build, Barry!!!

Any chance you have more pics?

Well done!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 8:14 am

Superb dio building Barry! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Thanks Brian and Dal!
I'll try to get a few more pics to show the rest.
It was made specifically to fit the entire shelf above a computer desk. There are actually three parts to the thing.
The two tracks and then the main body which rests on them.

Armoured Car Commander
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Great build and nice photo
Love it
I recently dug out my old Star Wars figures and put them on display bounce
There's still some vehicles and other 3 3/4 " figures to sort out in my parents loft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Sandcrawler   Star Wars Sandcrawler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Sandcrawler
Page 1 of 1