Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AManfromcoalville
SCRAMBLE PILOT

PostSubject: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Good grief - this one dates back to 2011. Ahem, time flies and other cliches!

I'm really keen on the MAM NoFace figure and wanted to see if I could find a way to weave him into the vintage stories and came up with this...

G.I. Joe has been sent the original diary of Captain Theuriau. Joe becomes engrossed in a very real account of day to day life and adventures in the French Foreign Legion.

The Captain (Below left) was the Great, Great Grandfather of Mélissa Theuriau, the French journalist, and broadcaster.

However, his diary entries end mysteriously, after he and a trooper are assigned to retrieve artifacts from an abandoned fort in the Sahara desert.

Le 30 Mai. 'La chaleur est arrogante et nous arrivons.... at the fort. There is a strange atmosphere about this place, and I have a terrible sense of foreboding!'

'Nous devons récupérer les bijoux d'un coffret vert. That is the only information that we have - the jewels are in the basement of the old infirmary. The normal ways of entry were sealed, and passage ways 'detonated' when the legion retreated, and abandoned the fort many years ago. We have to find another way below ground to the burial chamber.'

Joe is completely captivated, and before he has even completed reading the diary, he decides on impulse to visit the abandoned fort. There are codes, passwords and a map contained in the diary.

G.I. Joe loads up the ATV, and heads for the local dockyard. Adventure is out there!

He continues reading enthralled...

Le 31 Mai. 'Finalement, nous avons trouvé une voie en bas... At last, a way down to the old burial grounds. I lowered Jean-Paul with a rope....'

On board ship, the ATV securely lashed below deck, Joe sails towards his destiny!

That night, alone in his berth, Joe has a restless night. As he neared his destination, images from the diary returned again, and again, to haunt his sleeping hours.
He had realised that the Captain's last entry was made on the thirty-first of May, and it had emotionally described the fate of his comrade, Jean-Paul.

G.I. Joe imagined Jean-Paul, struggling alone in the dark, his Captains voice fading into the distance, the trooper lights his torch, and illuminates the damp walls...

Abandoning his torch, he had to force his way through a collapsed tunnel...

Earthquake! His Legionnaire training paid off, and he calmly continued on his way...

Strange underground lights seemed to dazzle and beguile him. He came to a rope bridge...

In the distance, on the far side, he could make out a rope ladder

He ascended the ladder hoping that it would lead to the ante-chamber, and the sarcophagus that contained what they had been ordered to retrieve!

He was in luck. Instinctively, he gently ran his fingers over the bottom of the coffin... they triggered a secret button. The top slid back to reveal a fortune in gems!

He filled his back pack with the jewels...

Something didn't seem right, and as he left the chamber, he realised he was trembling, he sensed something... something unreal...

He made his way, back towards the rope bridge...

Meanwhile, back in the crypt... something had been brought back to life....

Panic gripped Jean-Paul...

Jean-Paul and his Captain were never seen again.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 am

AWESOME Jim! Lovin the pics! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:54 am

wow Jim what a fantastic beginning to an adventure !!. Great photos and great use of the No face figure cheers . Really looking forward to the next installment Jim cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 am

A great photostory from the forum's ancient archives..well 2011 anyway.

No wonder No-Face is evil. A few thousand years trapped in that very snug sarcophagus would make anyone a bit grumpy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am

Don't worry Dal, No-Face is going to meet a grizzly end (again) real soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AManfromcoalville
SCRAMBLE PILOT

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for the comments, folks - much appreciated. Part deux soon!

'No wonder No-Face is evil. A few thousand years trapped in that very snug sarcophagus would make anyone a bit grumpy.'

lol! lol! lol!

Remember the ***** like small rodents such as mice has malleable bones which enable them to conform to the tightest of spaces - a few thousend years is but a snooze to him - le petit morte!

'No-Face is going to meet a grizzly end (again) real soon!'

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Looking forward to this! He's died so many times he must feel quite re incarnated!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Wow, wow, wow I think that was outstanding story AManfromcoalville!!!!!!! I think the your photography is fantastic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy, your close up shots of your G.I. Joe forcing his way through a collapsed tunnel are are are just outstanding!!! I think you have fond a great way to weave him into the vintage story using No-Face as the mummy was is a great idea, I think No-Face definitely looks the part.

I'm definitely looking very much forward to part 2 and seeing No-Face is meeting a grizzly end.

OUTSTANDING WORK AManfromcoalville!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeman
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Tres bien mon ami! Fantastique!

Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gijoesquartermaster.webs.com
ak615
Red Devil

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:37 pm

No Face c`est diabolique affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AManfromcoalville
SCRAMBLE PILOT

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 am

Merci buckets mon amies!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.   

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part one.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1