Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Postcard from the Range.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Mountineer
LeStryge

Postcard from the Range. Empty
PostSubject: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 pm

I have once again put up this postcard featuring my cowboy bash. (He's the talker with the moving mouth.)

Postcard from the Range. 6e42zK

Sadly the original and the interesting comments and discussions seem to have somehow been lost in a recent re-organisation of the forums.
If anybody locates that post anywhere on the board please PM me as I cannot locate it at all.

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 5:52 am

Fun to see this one again! That's one tough-lookin' hombre!

I believe I commented previously about not being able to tell which elements were miniatures and which were digitally composited. However you did it, the sense of three-dimensional depth is impressive! The pic reminds me of the old Viewmaster slides!

No saguaro cacti where I live, but I see one of my venomous little pals there in the center foreground. Watch where ya step, pardner!

Oh yeah, and the miniature carbide lamp! A most excellent prop!

(I had heard that some posts were being reorganized a while back, moved in to different categories. I imagine your original post is around here somewhere, but as I said, I'm happy to see it again!)

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 7:52 am

I agree! it was a great thread the first time around of a quality bash!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 5:50 pm

Nice pic, worth another look for sure!

It does have that View Master feel to it.

Hope the original is located, but glad to see it reposted nonetheless.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 11:22 pm

Really cool pic LeStryge! cheers The tumbling tumbleweed... lol!

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 3:30 am

NO digital editing Dave! Straight up studio shot.  What you see is "all there" in reality.
(Well apart from the rope border of course.)

I realise that the bullets in the bandolier are far too big, but the inner child in me took over and I just used them because....well "because" really.
You know how kids just throw everything together regardless of scale?

The cowboy has since gained a horse! Nice charity shop find and not too "Barbie-fied".
I'm still searching for a proper holster for him to replace my quick mock-up, and I do want to do a mining scene to get better use of that carbide lantern so well spotted by Dave.

After reading your comments I have to agree it does look a lot like those old ViewMaster reels!
Wish I could say that was my intention, but I was really going for an old postcard look and the western views always seemed to have something of a "staged" look about them.

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 10:34 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
No saguaro cacti where I live, but I see one of my venomous little pals there in the center foreground. Watch where ya step, pardner!
Frankly I'd much rather face a rattler than come in contact with that damned cactus known locally as "cholla". (Jumping Cactus).
If ever there's an award for THE most evil and vicious plant, it would win hands down!
Still, it would make a wonderful security hedge.....

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 11:34 pm

I can picture him in a old classic cowboy and Indian film and he’d be the hero cowboy in the film. You’v kitbashed him cowboy-tastic LeStryge Wink. I can also picture him advertising wagon wheels
Postcard from the Range. C7235938-1-C57-4920-8-C92-C452756-D7614

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Riding Off into the Sunset   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 am

Haven't had  lot of "playtime" of late but wanted to show you the horse I found for my cowboy.

Right size, (well kinda), WESTERN saddle (a huge plus!) and not too "Barbie-fied".
Needed a bit of mane and tail trimming, but it even makes sounds!
If you shake it in a horsey motion it will make clip-clop noises and it also whinnies and neighs.
Perfect accompaniment to my talking cowboy!

Anyway here's
"RIDING OFF INTO THE SUNSET"!

Postcard from the Range. OdqUzh

Postcard from the Range. RP073g

Confession: I spent half an hour making a very western looking bunk roll to put right behind his saddle.
Sat it on my bench, then shot all the photos, completely forgetting to put the damn thing on! Mad Mad Mad

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 2:06 am

Great looking "old west" pics! Nice find with the horse! Looks good, not cartoonish.

Laughing almost-out-loud at the "bedroll incident." Yeah, I've done things like that, usually involving fussing inordinately with tiny details that end up not even showing up in the final photo.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 3:20 am

I’m liking the picture of your cowboy ridding off into the sunset.

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 3:57 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Laughing almost-out-loud at the "bedroll incident."
Considered "cheating" for a bit and tried adding the bedroll digitally, (Of course I'd already completely demolished the set- up... Rolling Eyes ) but it looked so damned "stagey" that I abandoned the idea entirely.
Oh well, it does look good NOW sitting on the shelf!

Thanks Alex! Glad you liked  the photos!

AND of course you always get your "brilliant" idea after you've posted!  lol!

Postcard from the Range. TSwquw

Artic Explorer
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 6:13 am

That's some reward!

But I 'spect there are safer ways to get rich.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 pm

I really like that wild west Reward poster! cheers Well done! Very Happy

Mountineer
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 pm

Thanks Jim!
Had to do a "Wanted" poster!

PostSubject: Re: Postcard from the Range.   Postcard from the Range. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Postcard from the Range.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes-
Jump to: