ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MIDWAY! The Movie!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

MIDWAY! The Movie! Empty
PostSubject: MIDWAY! The Movie!   MIDWAY! The Movie! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 11:12 am

Just watched the movie "MIDWAY".
It's a great experience if, like me, you enjoy "Movies for Men".
(Chick-flics need NOT apply!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )

Okay, the battle scenes do suffer from the Star Wars-like effects of lasers, obviously done for the theatrical effect. Real bullets would be invisible, with the exception of those producing anti-aircraft flak. Tracer bullets were NOT used during the battle and it all begins to look like they are firing masses of futuristic lasers, and far too many planes are shot down.
It was reportedly quite difficult to shoot planes from a ship, however the movie is still an enjoyable experience, and should be required viewing for today's teenage boys whose greatest worry now is that they may not be able to get wi-fi! Look what young kids were asked to do back then, .....AND did it willingly because they thought it was the patriotic thing to do!

The movie does make an admirable effort to show the story from both American and Japanese viewpoints.
I like movies about WWII and this one fulfills the bill. It's loud...(very) but quite enjoyable, even from an historical point of view. Most of the characters are actual people which is a plus.
Sometimes the CGI is a little too obvious, but let's face it, there's just no other way to show this time frame now.
Recommended!

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

MIDWAY! The Movie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIDWAY! The Movie!   MIDWAY! The Movie! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 am

Thanks for the review, Barry, and I'm glad to hear it! I will be sure to pick it up now, maybe have a Midway fest with the 1976 version and the new one.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

MIDWAY! The Movie!
Page 1 of 1