ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dirt Biker!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 12:30 am

I have had this fully outfitted MAM biker for some time, but he never had a bike. (He has moulded on clothing on his upper torso, and the helmet isn't removable, so he can't be much else other than a biker. The inside transparent visor on his helmet flicks up and down at the press of a button.)

Now decent 1/6 scale motorcycles can and do run into a great deal of money.  I was never really going to do many biking scenes so I wasn't about to fork out a lot of cash for a serious model.
Then I found THIS bike in the charity shop yesterday for $2.00!
Yes, I know it's really a little bit small but he sits on it and it kind of looks okay!
It's actually a little larger than it looks in the photo due to the angle.
The bike itself has batteries and the lights turn on, it makes "bike" revving noises and runs forward and then does a "wheelie". My rider stays put during all this too!
Anyway, I was quite pleased with the find and thought I'd whip up a quick shot to show the result.

So here's my dirt biker, ....perhaps in the Dakar Rally through the desert?

Dirt Biker! NnVKfD

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 1:30 am

Cool pic and a fun find!

Awesome that your guy can really ride the bike... and that it still works!

Talking Commander
LeStryge

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 2:28 am

He does look kinda cool charging around the floor and doing wheelies!

Admin
gibri

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 4:15 am

Cool! I didn't realize it was a full size figure till you said so. I would have taken it for 3.34 or some other scale. Must be the molded on clothing.

There have been many 1/6th bikes RC and static with prices all over. I picked up a nice WWII one for $10 some years ago.

Nice pic, Barry!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am

Great effects! bounce bounce

Prof Gangrene Fan

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great effects! bounce bounce

I agree with Dal.

inntruderr61

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Yes that was a great fine and as mentioned by others the effects are awesome! cheers cheers cheers

Talking Commander
LeStryge

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 4:19 am

gibri wrote:
There have been many 1/6th bikes RC and static with prices all over. I picked up a nice WWII one for $10 some years ago.

Nice pic, Barry!!!

Well you certainly got a bargain "some years ago" Brian!
The VERY ordinary motorcycles in 1/6 scale now start around $80 AUS and rapidly climb for anything halfway decent. (AND you have to make VERY sure that they are indeed 1/6 scale as I find so much is mis-represented on eBay!)
Hard to justify that sort of outlay when my biker only came in a job lot bag of other figures and he's really only ever going to be a biker due to all that moulded on clothing and a non-removable helmet. I usually pass on any MAMs that have that stuff, preferring the "naked" ones that can be dressed as anything you want.

But as I said above he does look fun riding the bike that I found around the kitchen floor, performing the occasional wheelie!

Dirt Biker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Biker!   Dirt Biker! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dirt Biker!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Random Pictures-
Jump to: