Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bizarre Run!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 12:34 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
But it's like a girl said to us when we were visiting Australia some years back: "What's the deal with your American football and the players wearing all those pads? Don't you have any real men in America?"
I've been laughing about that ever since. She's right.  lol!
There are a whole series of clips on You Tube of American sportsmen watching footage of some of the more extreme clashes in Australian Football. Their horror is really very amusing.

I was taken to a game (grid-iron) whilst in the US, and was quite frankly a bit bored by the constant stoppages and hold-ups.
Chatted to a few locals who had actually seen some AFL and were amazed that "You play football in your underwear"!
And I guess by comparison we do. Shorts and a T-shirt in fact and that's it!
Seeing all the grossly padded-up and helmeted players waddling around on the field I had begun to wonder what they were preparing for.

SCU_HQ wrote:
GO 'PIES!
lol! lol! lol! Surely you realise that Collingwood are regarded as THE most feral of the AFL teams? Most of their supporters are only out on day-leave and share a commonality for rat-tail/mullet hairstyles and the possession of less than three teeth!
Season starts here next Thursday night....C'arn the SWANS! cheers

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 2:18 am

LeStryge wrote:

SCU_HQ wrote:
GO 'PIES!
lol! lol! lol!  Surely you realise that Collingwood are regarded as THE most feral of the AFL teams? Most of their supporters are only out on day-leave and share a commonality for rat-tail/mullet hairstyles and the possession of less than three teeth!

Twisted Evil Yes, I am aware of the sterling reputation of the Magpies!

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 2:33 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Yes, I am aware of the sterling reputation of the Magpies!
The Collingwood reputation has even gone into our vernacular.
For instance, just look at what this common tool is colloquially known as here!

Bizarre Run! - Page 2 2r2YhA

ACTUAL photo of Collingwood Fans:

Bizarre Run! - Page 2 PYpNj7

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 2:51 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:

SCU_HQ wrote:
GO 'PIES!
lol! lol! lol!  Surely you realise that Collingwood are regarded as THE most feral of the AFL teams? Most of their supporters are only out on day-leave and share a commonality for rat-tail/mullet hairstyles and the possession of less than three teeth!

Twisted Evil Yes, I am aware of the sterling reputation of the Magpies!

So, I take it they won't be stopped by any measly virus...

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 2:53 am

Actual photo of my car that I owned when I lived in Hawaii. Note the bumper sticker:

Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Go_pies_sm

Razz

(Of course, there's the article in which my photo of my car appeared: https://skift.com/2013/02/28/biz-travelers-pt-cruiser/ )

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 5:43 am

gibri wrote:
So, I take it they won't be stopped by any measly virus...
Are you kidding? ANY virus, no matter how lethal would immediately die upon any contact with a Collingwood Fan.
Their breath alone can scorch timber or strip paint!  affraid

SCU_HQ wrote:
Actual photo of my car that I owned when I lived in Hawaii. Note the bumper sticker:
Good one! How on earth did you ever manage to get hooked on Collingwood of all teams?

We had that same car here in Oz, but I think its inadequacies were somewhat overshadowed by another lemon called the Leyland P76.

Still, maybe like that other spectacular failure otherwise known as the Ford Edsel, they will become BIG collector's items later on?
I hear soft-top Edsels sell for BIG bucks nowadays!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 am

A bit of laughter in the toilet roll saga! Very Happy

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Good one Dal!!!

lol! lol! lol!

I don't know if this is some kind of twisted Karma or some other kind of weird coincidence, but I remember years ago that a big deal was made of the fact that "regular guy" Tom Hanks bought a PT Cruiser...

...just sayin'
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 10:02 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
A bit of laughter in the toilet roll saga! Very Happy
What a pack of snowflakes modern society has become! They cannot cope with even the simplest of things without panic.
Makes you wonder how humanity ever got on for literally thousands of years before the introduction of "toilet paper" , ...sorry "tissue" for you sensitive Yanks! lol! lol! lol!
I too was amazed early on how people were not buying food instead of fighting over toilet paper!
What the hell would happen if World War III was announced?

gibri wrote:
a big deal was made of the fact that "regular guy" Tom Hanks  bought a PT Cruiser...
I always have a little smile when I hear Americans describe somebody as a "regular" guy!
It has quite a different meaning here, and is often used in that euphemistic sense in commercials, and becomes even funnier in light of the current panic over a perceived shortage of toilet paper...... lol! lol! lol!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Hmm, I guess he's probably not "regular" now... lol!
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:43 pm

gibri wrote:
Hmm, I guess he's probably not "regular" now... lol!
Well so many of his movies have had the effect of keeping me quite "regular".......if you get my drift? lol!

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 3:35 am

And in the ultimate example of complete idiocy, here in the State I live in (New South Wales) we have a female Premier....(a bit like a State Governor in the USA) who, because Sydneysiders would not obediently sit a metre and a half apart on Bondi Beach yesterday, is tomorrow going to close ALL Sydney surf beaches to the public!
Just like a school M'am punishing all her naughty little pupils! So there! Nah-Nah!
(I'm pretty sure she has no legal right to do this BTW.)
That would be bad enough, but when all airports are now closed to all foreign travelers, yesterday she blithely let no less than THREE floating Petri dishes....otherwise known as cruise liners, berth in Sydney Harbour and freely disgorge over three thousand passengers completely unchecked straight into the general population, many of whom were already exhibiting tell-tale flu-like symptoms!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 6:48 am

Here in the States, the "most liberal and progressive" states, all with Democrat leadership - California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois - now have both the highest rates of infection and the most stringent lock-downs in place. Mandatory stay-at-home orders enforced by surveillance drones and the police, with the National Guard (military) on stand-by alert. I cannot believe the American people are standing for this. Every day the restrictions everywhere become more extreme. All business, other than the medical business, is essentially shut down.

Official estimates put the newly unemployed number at 2-million. But all the restaurants are closed, with the exception of small take-out operations being allowed in some areas. I looked up the numbers. There are more than 15-million people employed in the restaurant industry alone, and that does not include restaurant suppliers or related support services. It would not surprise me if the actual unemployment numbers are between 20- and 30-million. These are all people who will, within weeks, fall behind in their mortgages or face eviction from their rental apartments, see their credit ratings destroyed as they begin to miss credit card payments, and soon stop paying their utility bills. Certainly, the government will step in to bail out the card-issuing banks and the insolvent utility companies, but all the people will be homeless, broke, and be ineligible for credit. Longer term, this means total disaster for auto makers and the real estate market.

I'm waiting for someone to convince me that this is not a huge conspiracy on the part of an elite global cabal to transfer most of the wealth of the world in to the hands of a tiny few and essentially reduce most of us to impoverished servitude.

All this to save a relatively small group of "at risk" persons, the aged with pre-existing health concerns. That's the messaging the governments are using - "are you willing to kill your grandmother through your selfishness," the broadcast media keep repeating - to ramp up the fear and guilt to keep everyone in line. And thus far, it is working. Worldwide, so it seems.

International air travel has been shut down. Local public transportation has been shut down. I expect roadblocks any day. And soon enough, once the people in power begin to sense growing unrest, I have no doubt the Internet will go dark. "The bandwidth is needed for medical and emergency services use," will be the excuse, and everyone will comply. (Internet service has already been shut down in Kashmir, Myanmar, and Ethiopia.)

Social engineering theorists are having a field day with this, espousing theories and plans, none of which, not a one, factor in the devastation those plans and theories would have for the "average working-class Joe," the restaurant waiters, the grocery market clerks, the barbers and the auto shop mechanics, the people who hold society together.

Here's what you're facing in Australia: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/21/the-case-for-shutting-down-almost-everything-and-restarting-when-coronavirus-is-gone

According to this lofty high-thinker, it's already too late for the United States, but Australia should soon be able to resume trade with China.

I have no hope at this point. None.

Petty bureaucrats are closing beaches here in the States as well. And they have the public at large convinced that it's "for their safety" and for the "protection of the vulnerable." It's all a lie. A huge, evil lie.

It's about power and control!

Marijuana dispensaries have been declared "necessary services" so they can remain open. My spouse has long been saying that the legalization effort has been driven by the intent to keep people complacent and compliant. I now believe that assessment. It certainly seems to be right.

Forty-million people under lockdown in California alone. And they're all, apparently, going along with it. If there is unrest, the media are not reporting it. I do not believe they will. Part of the strategy is to enforce compliance by suggesting that everyone is unquestioningly compliant.

I have absolutely zero fear of the coronavirus, but I am absolutely terrified by what is happening around the world, and how quietly and obediently people everywhere are going along with it. This is an exercise in propaganda and social engineering on a scale almost too vast to imagine, which is probably part of the reason people are so blind to what is happening. It is simply too big to be believable.

I've never been a "conspiracy theorist" before, but to me, this seems blatant and obvious.

But what can we do? What can we do?

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:16 am

I fear that at this point Dave all countries will end up going the same way. The virus has certainly created panic! At this point, the world seems to have gone mental!

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:59 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
The virus has certainly created panic!  

It is, or it has become, my belief that the world governments and the news media have intentionally created and continue to fuel the panic in order to achieve whatever devastating ends they have in mind. If they had said nothing, this would have been considered a "bad year for influenza" and nothing more. Many thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, might have perished worldwide. "Millions," however, would not have died. Even in the countries hardest hit, with little infrastructure to deal with it, the death toll has only numbered in the thousands. Tragic, yes, for those afflicted who did not survive, but within the range of "normal" for annual influenza fatalities.

I am now reading and hearing almost daily how China employed strict protocols and ramped up advanced medical methodology to contain the epidemic. I have been to China. I have even seen medical clinics in China. I have walked the streets of cities large and small in China... including Wuhan. China is filthy! Their toilets are quite literally trenches in the ground. Their markets are open air without refrigeration and buzzing with insects. The houses are crowded together, ramshackle affairs. The smog is oppressive everywhere. The teeming masses of people are crowded together in a way that makes New York City or London feel spacious by comparison. There is no way whatsoever that I can believe that China used "advanced medical methods" to quell the spread of the infection, or even that their quarantines could have worked considering the population density and the utter filth and the sheer numbers of people. Certainly, China has advanced areas, rivaling or superior to similar technology or manufacturing hubs in the West. But much of China is still little removed from medieval in the lifestyle and the lack of basic modern conveniences.

It is my belief, at this point, that government, in collusion with the media, have used the virus to create a panic, allowing the lockdowns and the destruction of the working middle class.

I wish I could be more optimistic. I find myself daily grasping at straws and slivers, hoping to find some tiny indication that I am badly mistaken in my thinking. Thus far, the evidence I see supports rather than conflicts with what I have come to fear.

I truly hope to discover, in a few weeks time, that I am completely off the mark. I desperately want to pepper my future posts with Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  oops, my bad. I want to find myself embarrassed by my over-reaction.

But at this moment, I cannot see that happening.

DISCLAIMER: Lest my rambling seem insane or unsettling affraid , please allow me to clarify that I am not a medical professional nor do I have any background in public policy or planning or in government (other than having worked as a "postie" for several years), and all my information is gleaned from online and broadcast news sources. There is a high probability that my concerns are amplified by "confirmation bias," in which stories and data that support my concerns register more firmly in my consciousness than does conflicting information. I have not posted any of these comments in order to be intentionally "alarmist." Rather, I would hope to stimulate further rational discussion, where opinions and suppositions are reasonably supported by factual information.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject:    Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 1:25 pm

A lot of men and women died in the 1940's to help preserve our way of life. How many covid19 deaths would be an equal comparison, but instead out of fear we agree to throw it all away voluntarily. I suspect the death toll would be not much different either way. How the hell do they expect to flatten the curve and contain this? It isn't going to happen. There are too many leaks and ways we don't even consider for the virus to get through.

I think we need to do something about getting back to normal very soon regardless of this virus. I think already there is going to be a whole new normal.

I keep waiting to hear about the massive explosion of new cases/deaths but it still doesn't seem all that bad to me. time will tell

And if I hear that Collingwood folded I will know that all is lost...
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm

gibri wrote:
And if I hear that Collingwood folded I will know that all is lost...
Oh brace yourself Brian!
I regret to tell you that Collingwood "folded" last night!  What a Face  What a Face  What a Face

They, and all the other AFL teams as well.
Just like your NBL, the AFL has now cancelled all further games up until May 31st, ...when it will be "reviewed".
I don't hold out much hope for its reinstatement, and this is Australia's biggest sport that generates millions of dollars.

Strange as it may seem, the Rugby League Code continues and that sport is particular for it's VERY close bodily contact during tackling!
They are deluding themselves. Their teams and support staff (physios, trainers etc.) are so big that it's only a matter of time before one or more test positive.
The myriad possible vectors for the spread of Corona Virus are just too great.

Schools of course are to remain open.......well somebody has to do the child-minding!
To hell with any concern over teacher's health!

Today Australia goes with the complete shutdowns of just about everything. Even weddings and more importantly funerals are banned!
This is just postponing the inevitable. It is foolish to believe that you can shut down whole countries and their economies. Nor keep people inside for ever.
Sooner or later the world must go on, ....Chinese Wuhan Plague or not!

It is estimated that back in 1918 around 50 million people world-wide died from the so-called "Spanish Flu", so this virus has a way to go yet in rivalling that.
Since then we've had SARS, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, not to mention AIDS and Zika virus. They all killed many, but none of these provoked measures like we are seeing now, and yet the human population continued to grow, (alarmingly in my opinion), and economies went on.

Either we are not being told the entire truth about this virus, or panic has sent the world mad!
Here we are constantly being told NOT to panic, but at the same time the media is revelling in alarming headlines and reporting of "projections" of what might happen. All of which can only ensure "panic"!
People are simply not dying in the numbers you might be led to expect. It's bad of course but many seem to recover and live on. (Tom Hanks being but one example.)

"Self-isolation" is OK as far as it goes, but nobody knocks on your door and asks if you need food or medicines ....or indeed anything else essential.
You are on your own, and still have to venture out to try to find such commodities. This of course exposes you to many more opportunities to catch the damn Chinese Flu. (Thank you China... Rolling Eyes )

The disgusting and shameful way that Chinese Authorities tried to hide and suppress the discovery of this virus and actually locked up any doctors who tried to warn them of its potential is an absolute scandal. They even tried to shift responsibility and blame onto the USA!
Trump is right, ....let's at least be "accurate" as he says.
Personally I'd like to see Xi Jinping arrested and dragged before an International Court, closely followed by his chief sycophant from the laughable named World Health Organisation, Tedros Adhanom.

China must be held accountable for this whole mess, .....but at the same time I cannot help but see the western world's responses as a massive, ...and probably ineffective anyway, over-reaction.

Old Chinese Curse? "May you live in interesting times."

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm

OMG! GRETA HAD CORONAVIRUS!
Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/25/coronavirus-greta-thunberg-says-extremely-likely-she-had-covid-19/5076804002/

BUT SHE RECOVERED! bounce YAY!!! bounce

If Greta can recover, so can the rest of us! As long as our rich friends will loan us a private apartment in which to recover!

Do your part! Stay at home... while Greta travels throughout the world, spreading inspiration and infection!

Wait... why should this one rich kid get to travel while the rest of us are locked up at home? Sounds to me like upper class white privilege!

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 6:05 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
OMG! GRETA HAD CORONAVIRUS!
Shocked Shocked Shocked
SHE only says she did! She was never tested at all!
Self-diagnosis to remain relevant I reckon.

Know what?
I think she had nothing but a common cold.
Sweden is currently having the the COLDEST winter for some time, ....despite Greta preaching Global Warming! Must be disheartening for her?

You know what? In cold winters it's possible that you might just catch a cold.

And a very bad case of Sudden Irrelevance Syndrome too!
A lot of one time celebrities are now coming down with that!

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 6:03 pm

LeStryge wrote:

And a very bad case of Sudden Irrelevance Syndrome too!
A lot of one time celebrities are now coming down with that!

Tragic, isn't it?

Are you guys still keeping Tom Hanks under wraps down there?

(Just noticed your phrase, "a long time staring at the lid," in another topic, and realized what that meant. Bleak black humor! Love it!)

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Are you guys still keeping Tom Hanks under wraps down there?
Hanks spent only a few days in hospital and was released, so it can't have been all that serious.

SCU_HQ wrote:
Just noticed your phrase, "a long time staring at the lid," in another topic, and realized what that meant. Bleak black humor! Love it!

Australians tend to have a few cavalier sayings in a similar vein regarding "falling off the perch".
"How are you?"
"Oh, still above the grass.....!"

"She looks like she's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel!"

Curiously enough, the expression "dead set" has nothing at all to do with death, ....but means "true" or "really".

PostSubject: Re: Bizarre Run!   Bizarre Run! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bizarre Run!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: