Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Foul Find For Science!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

A Foul Find For Science! Empty
PostSubject: A Foul Find For Science!   A Foul Find For Science! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 12:29 am

Professor examines a previously unknown species. It seems to be some sort of fungus, but is it dangerous to humans in any way?

(These nightmarish alien-looking things are GENUINE specimens, NOT made up models. You simply cannot believe the smell they give off. Seems to come from that brown liquid. It's truly awful!)

A Foul Find For Science! HzHOvs

Even the Professor is momentarily nauseated by the foul stench given off by these weird looking fungi .

A Foul Find For Science! Esl5G0

(These last ones are colloquially known as "stink-horns" and though quite small, can set you off mistakenly searching for the remains of a large dead animal somewhere nearby!)

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: A Foul Find For Science!   A Foul Find For Science! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 am

Cool pics! The naturalist in his natural environment!

Great way to snap some pics of the Professor in action and these interesting fungi! I imagine these organisms emerge only following certain damp weather conditions and do not linger for long.

These pics remind me of one of the most interesting Instagram accounts I have seen: @EntoBarbie

https://www.instagram.com/entobarbie/

(I will leave the witty observations about the 'stink-horn' to other forum members – heh heh... he said 'members'.)

Deep Sea Diver
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: A Foul Find For Science!   A Foul Find For Science! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 2:10 am

"Bug-Barbie" eh?  lol! Great idea!

Yes, those things have a very brief life above ground lasting no more than a day.
Apparently they are pollinated by flies, hence the stench.
Of course the other part of the fungus is underground and therefore invisible for the most part.
They are definitely poisonous and have caused the death of small dogs who will eat them ....mainly due to the smell of rotting meat I'm guessing?
Surely no human would ever be tempted to do so?

SCU_HQ wrote:
(I will leave the witty observations about the 'stink-horn' to other forum members – heh heh... he said 'members'.)

Well it is interesting to note that their scientific name is Phallus rubicundus .....and anyone with even a smattering of Latin will immediately know what that translates to in English!  Wink
I did have to be quite careful with the camera angle and rejected a few early shots for that every reason..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PostSubject: Re: A Foul Find For Science!   A Foul Find For Science! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Foul Find For Science!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes-
Jump to: