ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Action Man Tom K's 50th!

Go down 
+3
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
TheOneManKid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Action Man Tom K's 50th! Empty
PostSubject: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 5:42 am

Tom K took on his role as TOMK HQ Commander 50 years ago way back on the 30th May 1970... my 9th birthday. Here he is celebrating outside on a beautiful May day, sufficiently social distancing of course, enjoying a cool beer in his favourite Prague souvenir beer glass...  Cool

Who'd have thought way back then where we are today?!

Action Man Tom K's 50th! 49954360181_c48ae14770_oAction Man Tom K 50th by Thomas K Jones, on Flickr

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 6:39 am

TheOneManKid wrote:
Who'd have thought way back then where we are today?!
Where are we exactly?
All huddling locked up in our homes, strictly forbidden to go out which is being enforced by the police?
Fighting over and hoarding something as inconsequential as toilet rolls?
Obediently and unquestioningly obeying the dictates of megalomaniacs who have no legal authority whatsoever to issue such commands?
Unable to approach anyone else any closer than 1.5 metres?
And it's not even WW III?

Who'd have thought it indeed!

Still, a great photo though Steve!  cheers

(I can never get used to seeing "beaches?" covered by that coarse "shingle"... is it?
That's got to be very painful to walk on bare-footed, much less lie down on?)
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 7:51 am

Happy birthday TomK! and looking good too! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:43 am

Happy 50th Tom K.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 9:31 am

Happy 50th Tom K!!  lol!  lol!

I must say the world's 2nd most handsome Action Man is looking pretty good on his half century! Fresh out of the box on that Saturday in 1970 he probably had a life expectancy of a year or two but against the odds he's still here!

cheers  cheers

LeStryge wrote:

Still, a great photo though Steve!  cheers

Wrong 50 year old VAM Barry! Tom K is Ralph (TheOneManKid)'s guy. Everyone's favourite Russkie 'Joe' isn't 50 until September.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Happy Birthday TomK!!!

as always...The Stylemaster.

cheers Party cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 4:52 pm

Exactly! Who'd have thought that 50 years later... we'd still be playing with Action Man / Joe... and having just as much fun with it as ever?

And in your case, with your original guy! That is so cool!

Unfortunately, I have to completely agree with LeStryge when it comes to pointing out the madness we're all currently being subjected to:

LeStryge wrote:

Where are we exactly?
All huddling locked up in our homes, strictly forbidden to go out which is being enforced by the police?
Fighting over and hoarding something as inconsequential as toilet rolls?
Obediently and unquestioningly obeying the dictates of megalomaniacs who have no legal authority whatsoever to issue such commands?
Unable to approach anyone else any closer than 1.5 metres?
And it's not even WW III?

So, here's the inspiration I get from our little plastic buddies VAM and JOE: think of all the years they spent boxed up in the attic or basement, forgotten, little more than clutter or rubbish. But eventually they got out! They're back, better than ever! I'm hoping their experience can be looked at in the form of an allegory, and that all of us will follow their example, and be back in action, better than ever, before too much more time passes.

Congrats on making it fifty years with your original action figure! Cheers to another fifty!

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 5:03 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
So, here's the inspiration I get from our little plastic buddies VAM and JOE: think of all the years they spent boxed up in the attic or basement, forgotten, little more than clutter or rubbish. But eventually they got out! They're back, better than ever! I'm hoping their experience can be looked at in the form of an allegory, and that all of us will follow their example, and be back in action, better than ever, before too much more time passes.

Dave, what a really lovely thing to say your inspiration you get from our little plastic buddies VAM and JOE.

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 5:05 pm

Great pic Ralph, looks like Tom K has been working out Suspect

cheers cheers

Action Man Tom K's 50th! Volgan10
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 6:04 pm

Beatlefan wrote:
Great pic Ralph, looks like Tom K has been working out Suspect

cheers cheers

Nah....I think those abs are painted on! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Tom K's 50th!   Action Man Tom K's 50th! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Action Man Tom K's 50th!
Page 1 of 1