Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

the_pauley's vehicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 am

I only posess six vehicles of any description.

The first one i acquired was this Assault Craft...

The kitbashed Royal Marines Officer in the duffel coat had just been waiting for this boat to turn up. I always had him in mind for it since I did the 'bash...

Men on a mission...

Next up was this Friendship 7 version of the '60s Space Capsule...

This is a recent GI Joe piece based on the original '60s space capsule released for GI Joe and Action Man. Whereas the original was plain grey plastic with a perspex canopy, this version has a much more elaborate paint job recreating John Glenn's Friendship 7 capsule, the first manned American vessel to go into space...

The transparent canopy on the original has been replaced with a solid version with two small portholes like the real-life capsule.

The Joe logo...

The heat shield has a paint job simulating re-entry scorching...

The astronaut in the capsule...

My next find was also my first ever restoration job. A £20 boxed Scorpion with some missing parts and looking the bit worse for wear. After some TLC and several months of scratching and searching around the Internet for parts, this was the final restored article...

The missing exhaust replaced with a resin remould...

The small gun barrel replaced...

As well as the missing smoke emitter and Tank Commander's hatch...

Located an excellent set of repro flagpoles and pennants...

Replaced all the missing stickers/insignia...

Now all I had to add was the crew...

Note the regimental crest - the only place where I did not reproduce the original insignia. It always puzzled me why the regimental crest on the Scorpion was The Life Guards, yet the Tank Commander's uniform was The Royal Tank Regiment. Therefore I replaced the two Life Guards' stickers with Royal Tank Regiment insignia...

All in all the total cost of the original tank and the parts for the restoration came in at just under £35. I'll consider that a bargain...

My next vehicle was also another restoration job in the form of a painted head era Space Capsule from an eBay auction. Picked it up at a bargain price, but it was really in need of TLC, having arrived in a pretty dilapidated state.

The capsule was filthy inside and out and the perspex canopy was in a terrible state - absolutely covered in scratches. The stickers were damaged on the inside and outside and the hand grips on the seat were (of course) broken off. I left this one lying in a box for a while, but the imminent arrival of another Astronaut figure from eBay, jump started me to finish the project...

The AM logo on top of the capsule...

The full set of Space Capsule replacement stickers to replace the damaged ones were supplied by Actiongary...

Here you can see the replaced hand-grip control. And yes - it is back to front as I realised when I saw this photo! I've put it on the right way now...

A close up of our boy inside the capsule...

Actiongary's superb control panel sticker...

A close up of that once heavily scratched canopy. Thanks to some liquid scratch remover/restorer, I can't believe I'm looking at the same canopy I started working on a few hours earlier. It was so heavily scratched, it looked as if it had been dragged up a gravel path. Now look at it...

Ready for blast off...

This was an immensely satisfying project for me as the capsule was the only Action Man vehicle that I had as a child and was one that I absolutely loved.

My next buy was another Assault Craft. This time the SAS Beachead Attack set...

Complete with tent add-on...

A look at the contents of the craft...

The set was in absolutely pristine condition, with even the stickers looking like they'd just been put on yesterday. No restoration job necessary this time...

Fully kitted out and ready for action...

My final, most recent acquisition was the Pursuit Craft...

Came complete with all stickers intact...

Had the Pursuit Craft Pilot for ages, now he has his vehicle...

Set up as the Sea Craft...

Our boy at the controls...

On the vehicles wants list I would love a nice minty GI Joe Five Start Jeep and Trailer and for Action Man some German desert vehicle for my DAK guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 am

Nice vehicles Pauley... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 am

Awesome vehicles Jim. I soooo wish I han't sold my pursuit craft. I see you have the box too!! Your scorpion is amazing!! What a great restoration and for £35.00 :-). Like the idea of the change of insignia. If I ever manage to get a scorpion I may be knocking at you door for some of those. And your kitbashed combat Marine looks great in his dingy. I'd been hoping to get a motor for my four year old dingy and take her and it to the pond but I've been told you can't get the batteries :-( will have to make do with a string!

Keep those posts a coming your kitbashes are amazing and I can shamelessly say I nicked at least one of your ideas ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
ghost recon
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 am

Pauley , you have some very nice vehicles . I really enjoyed reading that you placed so much effort into restoring the Scorpion & the Capsule. They are once again reborn & looking every bit the part.
I also like the kitbashed Combat Marine , very nice . They have such a great uniform as it is , so I can't pass by & not say that the usual Marine looks right at home in that boat. He's a corker alright !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:54 pm

You have some wonderful vehicles mate, greatly restored especially the space capsule. Top job mate cheers great upload !! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beatlefan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Great uploads Jim!!!!! Love the Scorpion Tank mate, you have done a great job there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jet-
Medic

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Nice vehicles ! Very polished , some great resto work done there the Pauley .
I do love that black space capsule very cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Great vehicles. Even better that some are restored to thier former glory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the_pauley's vehicles   

Back to top Go down

the_pauley's vehicles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1