ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Empty
PostSubject: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 1:37 am

I recently found a couple of comparison charts for TBLeague (Phicen) bodies:

https://www.moviefigures.co.uk/blogs/news/phicen-tbleague-action-figure-body-comparison-chart

This chart adds a few more:

https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

The first chart is from 2019 so it only includes bodies up through S27B, but it offers a comparison of some of the more popular body types used by members here on the forum, including the S21 and S23 (frequently used by BlondeActionMan), and my new fave the S26-S27.

The second chart includes the S28 and S29 (pale and tan "plumper with medium bust") and S32-S33 (pale and tan versions of a slimmer, narrow-shouldered, medium bust body).

Newer releases not shown in these charts include the S34 and S35 "teen" bodies (pale and tan).

Announced but not yet available new releases include a slim, stylized "anime" body - S36 and S37 - a "plus sized with large bust" S38 and S39 - and a "curvy European" body - S42 (pale) and S43 (tan).

Letter suffixes (A & B) usually... but not always... denote whether a head is included with the body. The S34 and S35, for example, are available with or without a head sculpt. The same is true for the upcoming S42 and S43.

Numbers in close succession, like S26 and S27 or S32 and S33, usually denote "pale" and "suntan" versions of the same body sculpt.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 7:48 am

Fantastic find Dave! bounce bounce

Kimono Troop Command
Eagle Eyes
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 5:49 pm

The A & B and sometimes C suffixes denote skin tone, not whether or not there's a head sculpt. I find this kind of silly because because the even numbered bodies are all pale and the odd numbered ones are suntan, that's what they do.

Example: S22A Pale
S23B suntan

Note: S22A and S23B are the same bodies with different skin tones.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Yes, but from what I can tell, S34 and S35 are pale and tan versions of the same body with head, while S34A and S35B are the versions without heads.
scratch

Eagle Eyes
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:25 pm

That would seem to apply only to those figures. It does not apply to the others.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 6:04 am

TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Tbl_bodies_sm

My observations:

S09C (pale equivalent is S07C) and S12D (pale equivalent is S10D) appear to be the same body sculpt other than attached feet on the S09 and detachable feet on the S12.

S26A (S27B is the tan equivalent) is slimmer and shorter than most TBLeague bodies. Barbie clothing often fits these smaller bodies. Smaller head sculpts like Kumik and some FireGirl heads will work with this body. Detachable feet.

S28A (S29B is the tan equivalent) is sometimes marketed as "buxom" or "plump." This body is considerably thicker through the hips and thighs than bodies like the S09 and S12. Detachable feet. The thick arms do not transition well to the detachable hands at the wrists.

S32A (S33B is the tan equivalent) is marketed as medium bust with long legs. Somewhat more slim through the hips and thighs than the S28. Detachable feet.

S34A (S35A is the tan equivalent) is marketed as a "teen" or "girl" body with a medium bust. Attached feet.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chip
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Chip

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 11:28 am

Dave , that`s an interesting and informative post regarding bodies . Are there still other female bodies out there ? I am seeking petit bodies for Vietcong figures . The S26A you show looks to be good size wise , any others out there on similar scale or even smaller ?

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 11:47 am

Chip wrote:
Dave , that`s an interesting and informative post regarding bodies . Are there still other female bodies out there ? I am seeking petit bodies for Vietcong figures . The S26A you show looks to be good size wise , any others out there on similar scale or even smaller ?

There are some good jointed female bodies out there Chip, but it really does come down to what your after. I think Sarah may be a good person to drop a pm too, she very much favours the jointed bodies Very Happy . In regard to the phicen, I will stand by what I said, for me they are the best bodies currently available.

Kimono Troop Command
Eagle Eyes
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 12:16 pm

I have eight TBLeague bodies myself. 3 x S22A's, 1 x S23B, 1 x S28A, 1 S24A 1 x S32A and 1 S09 (modified) I can answer a lot of questions about them also
Back to top Go down
Chip
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Chip

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Think those Phicen bodies are a bit rich for me folks , though they are very realistic .

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Chip wrote:
I am seeking petit bodies for Vietcong figures . The S26A you show looks to be good size wise , any others out there on similar scale or even smaller ?

The recently released S36 (tan) and S37 (pale) bodies are marketed as "anime style" and are overall more slim than previously released bodies. I do not know how they compare in height.

Link to a retail site: https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-tbleague-anime-girls-s36-s37-pale-seamless-figure-w-head

PostSubject: Re: TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts   TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TBLeague Phicen Body Style Comparison Charts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Seamless Collections (TBL-Phicen & Jiaou Figures) :: Semless Figure Reviews-
Jump to: