ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket

Go down 
+6
somekindajoe
Beatlefan
Rustygun
FIELD STATION 42
gibri
JohnnyE4
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Empty
PostSubject: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi all ,
              Here is my take on " Animal Mother " from the movie Full Metal Jacket . He took surprisingly longer to put together than I anticipated . But was worth the effort for me . Not the nicest of characters , worse so if you read the book the film was based on , but hard not to like at the same time , he was definitely very brave .
  Here is a break down , the helmet accoutrements were probably the hardest part , always panic a little when adding graffiti to a NAM helmet , they are not cheap to replace , get the spacing or spelling wrong and ..... The black piece across the U.S flag is a mystery , I thought it was a spare barrel for the 60 , but after blowing up the picture I used for reference , it appears not . It might be a cleaning tool or a magic marker , I just made it from scratch and it looks close , scratch made matches book , scratch made the two half smoked cigarettes , had to cut a belt of M.60 ammo to fit round the helmet , another sigh as these are like hens teeth to find these days , but it worked out well enough as the remainder of the belt was just right to fit round his waist , my friend told me that the 20 rounds kept in the helmet band were known as the last stand ammo . Weathered the SOTW machete , this involved drilling out the holes and scratching up some , and adding a couple of acrylic washes . Again used sports tape and painted plastic canteen carriers , refurbed the 21st century H-harness , and the rest is pretty much off the shelf . Still looking for sculpts to cover " Rafter " and " Cowboy " , took me years to find suitable sculpts for " Joker " and " Animal  " but hopefully not to long for the other two . Hope you like him.

1-P1100041

2-P1100022

3-P1090985

4-P1100020

5-P1100019

6-P1100015

7-P1090992

8-P1090995

9-P1100008

10-P1100012

11-P1100006

12-P1100003

13-P1100036

14-P1100039

15-P1090987

bonus-P1100022

Here is a link to the real " Animal Mother " .

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=JdxEkTto&id=35429B4808268C26C95CF0C93650442796341FC4&thid=OIP.JdxEkTto0brL2Hccrvw-IQHaEK&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fimages2.fanpop.com%2fimage%2fphotos%2f11500000%2fAdam-Baldwin-as-Animal-Mother-in-Full-Metal-Jacket-adam-baldwin-11599285-1024-576.jpg&exph=576&expw=1024&q=animal+mother+full+metal+jacket&simid=608017457719480010&ck=83CA75C8CA5E66C89D2BA84F7386BA9E&selectedIndex=56&FORM=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0

Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 2:59 pm

awesome work
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 3:30 pm

Beautiful work, Chip!!!

You have all the details and that looks like a good choice of head sculpt too.

You have (in American baseball lingo) knocked this one out of the park!!!

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 4:13 pm

You have an amazing eye for detail! And amazing patience to take the time to find or make each tiny piece and then to put it all together. The end result, I think I said previously, is "museum diorama quality." This one, I think, exceeds your previous efforts! Outstanding workmanship. This is what precision scale modeling is all about!

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Hat is excellent.....great figure ...
His face looks like in diesel...

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Thanks so much for all the kind words , they really are so much appreciated . Smile

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Outstanding work Mark!

The detail is amazing, fantastic job.

As you say, very brave adding writing to Nam headgear. Not sure I'd be brave enough to tackle that affraid

Great pics too mate cheers

Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Volgan10
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 pm

That's a great bash!

Chip wrote:
Hi all ,
   . Not the nicest of characters , worse so if you read the book the film was based on , but hard not to like at the same time , he was definitely very brave .

To quote Eight-ball
'You might not believe it but under fire Animal Mother is one of the finest human beings in the world. All he needs is for somebody to throw hand grenades at him for the rest of his life.'

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Outstanding work Mark! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 10:04 pm

Thanks for all the further kind comments , I am glad you all like him . It`s most satisfying putting all that time in and getting nice compliments from peeps . Thanks again . Smile

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 pm

Outstanding work there. Really fine looking figure.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Outstanding work there. Really fine looking figure.

thank You . Wink

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 4:00 am

He is a great likeness Chip!

Extraordinary detail.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Cheers Daryl . I have since upgraded Animal`s body which you can see here ;

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t11299-animal-gets-new-body

The elbows bugged me on the previous body , this has less joints showing .

PostSubject: Re: Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket    Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal Mother Full Metal Jacket
Page 1 of 1