ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Bird Crew

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 12:32 am

Few old snaps of my Little Bird " Miss Clawd " crew , assigned to the Air Cav .  Don`t think I`ll be doing much to these any time soon , but was chatting about Heli's yesterday in the chat room so dug them out . In Vietnam there was normally just the two crew in a little bird , a pilot and a Door Gunner , guessing it would of been the same in Huey`s , but the Door gunner`s M.60 was attached to a kind of short bunji cord , which allowed him to lean out and not fall out when looking or gunning for the Vietcong ect . As well as his M.60 , door gunners often had a box of grenades , or some hung on cord in the back of the Heli , he could simply drop these on the enemy , handy if they hid in a hole or similar . Pilots often carried private purchased fancy pistols in western style belts and holsters , a lot of pilots placed the holstered pistols between there legs during " hot " situations , to give a bit of protection to those private important bits .  Very Happy  

gunner4

Gunner2

Gunner21

Gunner8

Pilot14

Pilot18

Pilot8

Heli-Pilot

heli-pilot6

Heli-Pilot1

3up

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 12:35 am

These are awesome pictures Chip.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 12:45 am

Cheers PGF . Very Happy

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 1:41 am

Another amazingly detailed group of soldiers! Those guys must have been in excellent physical condition to lug those ammunition belts around.

Nice chopper model. Is that still part of your collection?

Admin
BAMComix

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 8:16 am

Amazing pics Chip of your little-bird and the crew! They all look really cool! Thanks so much for digging them out and posting them bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Thanks all , yes they and it all still in my collection Dave . Very Happy

Admin
gibri

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Great figures, Chip!!!

And I love the Details on the copter!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Little Bird Crew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Bird Crew    Little Bird Crew  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Bird Crew
Page 1 of 1