ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eastern Promises

Go down 
+5
somekindajoe
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
FIELD STATION 42
RealSarahdactyl
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 4:38 am

I haven't been as active in the hobby recently, very busy with school and life, and catching a bug for another hobby. However I took these today, I posted them earlier at Men With Dolls, it's actually quite coed for those of you who haven't been there. It's my usual haunt where I met Dal (BlondeActionMan).

First up this is my newest recruit? Conscript? Visitor? Member? Doll? I haven't picked a name for him yet, but he is Russian, mean, but not totally evil, and an enforcer for another guy I am working on.
Eastern Promises Meanru10
This is Anton, one of my older figures, like Dimitri, he is a really good guy. They agreed to pose with the mean megger for these pictures.
Eastern Promises Anton_10
Here is the group, Dimitri is the fellow in the full blue tracksuit. He is Ukrainian, him and Anton go way back, to before Dimitri met his better half (not pictured).
Eastern Promises Eastbe10

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 4:46 am

Dimitri and his better half Ava. They met in Germany.
Eastern Promises Dna10
I filtered them to make it sepia, my mum thinks it makes them look like zombies. haha.
Back to top Go down

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 5:20 am

Your new Russian bloke, (top photo), does have such amazingly life-like skin texture on the head-sculpt.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 5:40 am

Intense group of figures!

What hobby could possibly tempt you away from action figures? Model railroading? Crochet? Scuba diving? Mountain biking?

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 am

Thanks guys!

Yeah the Dam Toys heads are amazing. I have another one waiting on a body.

SCU_HQ, Funny you should mention mountain biking as my father loves it. It's actually RC cars, he couldn't get me into mountain biking but I love RC! Not quite as much as 1/6!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 7:48 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Thanks guys!

Yeah the Dam Toys heads are amazing. I have another one waiting on a body.

SCU_HQ, Funny you should mention mountain biking as my father loves it. It's actually RC cars, he couldn't get me into mountain biking but I love RC! Not quite as much as 1/6!

Awesome figures! and great too see you posting again bounce bounce . Each one of them has an amazing look!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 7:58 am

Thanks Dal!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 8:36 am

You can tell he’s Russian by two things. One his Russian hat Laughing and two his head sculpt, he’s got that Russian look about him. I’m liking his jacket. I’m really liking the look of Anton, nice brown leather jacket he’s wearing. I’m liking Anton’s head sculpt. I would love to know the story on why Dimitri and Anton know each other. I love know how Dimitri and his better half Ava met in Germany. It’s good to see you posting once again.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 10:43 am

The Russian has a great face although it reminds me of the Spitting Image version of old Ronnie Ray-gun from the 1980's!

Eastern Promises Raygun

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Like the look of the Russian in the first pic , that`s a great pose too .

inntruderr61

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 2:43 pm

Great figures! cheers
That Russian guy has an amazing life like look.. Very Happy

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Professor Gangrene Fan, thanks! The hat ans jacket came from an old BlueBox figure "Falcon". One of the early modern Russian figures. Antons jacket is from a Sideshow Highlander figure. I think I still have one of the figures boxed. The shop sold them off for like five dollars a piece about twelve years ago. I am slowly, but surely working on a way to tell the story of Anton and Dimitri and their friendship, though it won't be done in the way people expect. There might be a more typical story with Ava and Dimitri.

Somekindajoe, this is an interesting comparison! I think he resembles Sasha in the 2001 film, Behind Enemy Lines.
Eastern Promises 20201110
Eastern Promises Images10

Chip, thanks! I was happy with the post!

Inntruderr61, thanks so much, he definitely does. I love these Dam Toys heads, they're so lifelike!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 9:26 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

It's actually RC cars, he couldn't get me into mountain biking but I love RC! Not quite as much as 1/6!

There is significant crossover potential between R/C and 1/6 scale figs!

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 12:18 am

There is! There are some amazing 1/6 scale buggies. I have a New Bright Porsche and PT Cruiser, but they are more 1/6 props than RC.. My Porsche only goes in reverse. I plan to eventually fix it up, make the interior better to fit dolls, add LED's and repaint it. But I have many projects on the go haha.

The little one I'm getting is 1/12 scale.
Eastern Promises 287d5c10

gibri and FIELD STATION 42 like this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 am

Eastern Promises Img_2022

He asked my newest girl, Yalena, shows off some Ukrainian and Russian (non alcoholic) beers, but he decided a towel was appropriate attire.

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 9:04 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! .

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Yalena's uniform is extremely cool! Very realistic!

But apparently all her training was still not enough to prepare her for everything she might encounter in the field! Razz

Or maybe she's just disappointed to discover that the beer is non-alcoholic!

inntruderr61

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 5:19 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 9:32 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
He asked my newest girl, Yalena, shows off some Ukrainian and Russian (non alcoholic) beers, but he decided a towel was appropriate attire.

Can someone please explain to me just WHAT IS THE POINT of non-alcoholic beer?  Question Question Question
(Having been to Russia where the whole population seems to run on vodka (ALCOHOLIC!) drunken drunken drunken I can't believe the Ruskies would even consider such a product!)

Interesting body on your male figure RSD!
Such a contrast to the over-muscled features of earlier stuff and MAM. Chest hair too.
Quite realistic.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 2:53 am

Prof gangrene fan and inntruderr61, I am glad I could give you guys a chuckle!

SCU_HQ, Thanks! It cam off of that new Battle Angel Anna figure. I am still contemplating if I should get another suit. The boots are fantastic that came with it! I think she expected him to have more clothing! That is a work in progress!
LeStryge, I guess the best explanation I have, I like how beer tastes, but I do not like how alcohol feels. So this gives the taste, on occasion as it is a bottle of empty calories, without being drunk. I must admit I was surprised to see a non-alc Russian beer. The body is from World-Box, they do some really cool bodies. I have two of the large muscular ones from World-Box, I have the Jason momoa head on one, the biggest problem is clothing to fit them. I really like this brand as they're we sculpted but articulated and not seamless.

Eastern Promises Jaymom10
Eastern Promises Jaymom11
Back to top Go down

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:44 am

"Seamless" can be pretty much a misnomer anyway. Just don't look at the wrists and ankles?
Or you'll have to contrive some way to cover them up?

Last edited by LeStryge on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 5:10 am

Yeah that is the thing that puts me off seamless bodies honestly.

It's not so bad on male bodies or even the new curvy Phicens. But you see a slim female figure with these massive wrist bumps or cankles.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 7:47 am

Great photos Sarah! bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 am

Thanks Dal!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Thats a big dude!
Cool photos! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eastern Promises
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next