ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Myles_Falworth's Joes

Go down 
+9
inntruderr61
TNshooter
Professor Gangrene Fan
Wolf_Soldier64
somekindajoe
ActionYankee
Chip
FIELD STATION 42
gibri
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 7:56 am

I've been making some progress on my study/Joe room reorganization.   Finally got the major pieces of the MSV where I want them.  Here's a picture of how it looks tonight.  

Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 20210111

BAMComix and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 8:16 am

Great vehicles! bounce bounce bounce

Myles_Falworth likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 1:52 pm

What spectacularly awesome clutter! Too much fun stuff all in one place... or all over the place! Love it!
Razz

Myles_Falworth and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 am

I'm doing some re-organizing of my displayed collection. Here's the first of the almost finished setups. It's the top of my large filing cabinet which takes up a good part of one wall in my study/Joe room. I also have brought my AT Training Tower up to the study from the basement floor, and found an out of the way location for this great set. Pictures of that later. Here's the file cabinet top.

Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 20210624

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2022 7:40 pm

I finally acquired a Black Adventure Team Commander!  I found an auction on Ebay where he was going for roughly the going rate, and placed a bid and won.  You can't get these guys cheap, especially not talking and with tight joints and only one knee crack!   So here he is.  Proud to add this Joe to my collection.  The Adventure Team is now complete!   Unless and until I find more KFG figures to round out that part of the collection.  

Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 20220910
Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 20220912
Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 20220911

BAMComix, TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 3:36 pm

Excellent find! Sounds like he's in good shape and ready for action as-is!

Wish I could say the same for myself after all these years.

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 3:13 am

His only problem is that he is floppy. Strings just too worn out. I am hesitant to restring him though, since it might lessen his value. So he will likely be driving the Mobile Support Center or sitting in the tower chair in the Headquarters, rather than standing around.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 7:03 am

Great looking Commander fig! He will be ready for action again in no time, I'm sure bounce

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 am

The Black Adventure Team Commander suites his green military uniform. He looks ready to command a team into action.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 10:00 pm

Myles_Falworth wrote:
 I am hesitant to restring him though, since it might lessen his value.

That is an incredible find, that figure is really rare. But I don't think restringing would drop his value any.
You could do like some people do, twist his waist to tighten the string.

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 10:03 pm

I got him on Ebay from Reddevils508 for $350.00 I think he was well worth the price.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 12:30 am

Somehow missed this thread...
Great looking vehicles Myles! I actually have no vehicles in my collection... So
great to see yours! cheers
That is a really nice AA Talking Commander! cheers

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2023 4:00 am

Thanks for the compliment! I've acquired them gradually over the years. Some came in one or two lots. Anyway thanks! I've been terribly busy for a long time. I finally retired in March of this year from the Internal Revenue Service. My blood pressure went down 10 points

I'm now thinking of what's next, but I'll be attending two Joe shows this summer. One is Joelanta, where I've never gone before (sounds like Star Trek I know). Anyway, hoping to get back involved in the hobby.

I did have an offer recently to buy a lot of my Joes. I'm organizing my military era Joes to see which ones I can part with. We need a new printer and Joe may pay the price for us. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2023 7:18 am

Great to see you posting again! what you been up to?
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2023 8:57 pm

Great collection of Joes Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers cheers Ian

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2023 12:45 am

Myles_Falworth wrote:
I did have an offer recently to buy a lot of my Joes.  I'm organizing my military era Joes to see which ones I can part with.  We need a new printer and Joe may pay the price for us.  Cheers!

I really hope you don't plan to sell a LOT of Joes. I picked up a new printer a few years ago for $169.
The one I picked up doesn't seem to be much more expensive these days, although I haven't looked at
the specs. The one I got does scanning, copying and photo quality printing. I would think you could sell
ONE Joe to cover that. I would hate to see you sell a bunch of your Joes to get one.
Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2023 3:35 am

I also have other expenses I'm planning for. We need a really good printer though. Anyway, I've mostly been keeping my nose to the grindstone until March 31, when I finally hung it up. (my calculator and backpack).

Much of the time I was working on my retirement package, and 4 large cases to try and finish. I also did some other major projects for our household finances. Only one is still needing to be done.

So for a while I lost interest in Joe. I'm getting back into it, and plan to go to some flea markets locally and some long distance Gi Joe shows this year. We'll see.

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2023 11:26 pm

Well, I met with the collector today, and he was a really nice guy. He still has his childhood Joes but never got into collecting until now. He's got the guide to Gi Joe you can get on Cots for $15, and has a German SOTW figure, a black AT Commander and a few other figures including a Sea Adventurer. He was mostly interested in my SOTW figures. So he bought my Russian and my British Commando, and a nice AT Commander I had which had a nicely repaired voice done by a professional. So the rest of the Joes I'm planning to sell will be listed on facebook at the Trenches and then later at the Original Gi Joe page if they don't sell at the Trenches. I figure I can raise another $2,200 or so.
Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 4:44 am

I've been out of the hobby for several months. I'm beginning to feel the fever again - just a little. I didn't sell any more Joes. Just the three I mentioned. I also reorganized the study to make more room for books. Trying to declutter the house as much as we can.

So many more Joes are boxed and put away. Today however, I found a post on the Trenches about an Action Man Capture Copter. So I scooped it up. I am waiting for shipping info, but it will be exciting to have this vehicle in my hangar. I also bought a Talking Commander (Joe) and a blue rubber beret (AM). I'll have some photos soon.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 5:18 pm

Myles_Falworth wrote:
I've been out of the hobby for several months.  I'm beginning to feel the fever again - just a little.  I didn't sell any more Joes.  Just the three I mentioned.  I also reorganized the study to make more room for books.  Trying to declutter the house as much as we can.  

So many more Joes are boxed and put away.  Today however, I found a post on the Trenches about an Action Man Capture Copter.  So I scooped it up.  I am waiting for shipping info, but it will be exciting to have this vehicle in my hangar.  I also bought a Talking Commander (Joe) and a blue rubber beret (AM).  I'll have some photos soon.  

Hey Myles, sounds like a awesome pickup can't wait to see photos! :-)

Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 9:56 pm

The Capture Copter arrived yesterday much to my surprise! I finished assembly today and everything was there except the box and instructions. This was listed as loose anyway. Today while moving it, the tail snagged on a box, and fell to the floor, cracking the rear stabilizer. Fortunately it's a double break which will be secure when glued. I should have the bird up and flying with Joe shortly. Pics will follow.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 7:06 am

Myles_Falworth wrote:
The Capture Copter arrived yesterday much to my surprise!  I finished assembly today and everything was there except the box and instructions.  This was listed as loose anyway.   Today while moving it, the tail snagged on a box, and fell to the floor, cracking the rear stabilizer.  Fortunately it's a double break which will be secure when glued.  I should have the bird up and flying with Joe shortly.  Pics will follow.  

Looking forward to seeing the pics, Myles
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 2:51 pm

Myles_Falworth wrote:
The Capture Copter arrived yesterday much to my surprise!  I finished assembly today and everything was there except the box and instructions.  This was listed as loose anyway.   Today while moving it, the tail snagged on a box, and fell to the floor, cracking the rear stabilizer.  Fortunately it's a double break which will be secure when glued.  I should have the bird up and flying with Joe shortly.  Pics will follow.  

The copter is a great Joe vehicle! I used to have one, but sold it to make room for (ironically) my USN anti-aircraft gun.

Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 4415680-D-8-BEC-40-C8-A4-FF-116-BBC14-CAE1

-Nate

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 5:14 pm

Nice set of Guns Nate! cheers cheers cheers
Cool thread! Very Happy

Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 5:34 pm

Man I love those guns!  I'm an old Navy man myself, and I've drooled over those for years, but never yet picked them up.   Great photo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myles_Falworth's Joes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next