ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sean Flynn Another Journalist

Go down 
+4
gibri
RealSarahdactyl
FIELD STATION 42
Chip
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Empty
PostSubject: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 11:45 pm

I based this figure on Sean Flynn , he is the son of the famous actors Errol Flynn and his wife  Lili Damita . He followed his parents in a career of acting , but became bored of it , and ended up as a freelance journalist for Time Magazine working on the Vietnam conflict . In search of new and different photos , Sean was said to of travelled with Special Forces units , often into remote areas . In 1970 , Sean and fellow photographer Dana Stone went on an assignment into Cambodia , they were sadly never seen again , and it`s believed they were captured by the Vietcong but later fell into the hands of the Khmer Rouge , a communist organisation in Cambodia .

Sean Flynn Another Journalist  P1100781

Sean Flynn Another Journalist  P1100777

Sean Flynn Another Journalist  P1100776

Sean Flynn Another Journalist  P1100782

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 1:48 am

Very cool fig! Possibly my favorite among your customs!
And an interesting story. I did not know Errol Flynn had a son.

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 4:35 am

Nice work Chip!
With the mustache he reminds me a little of Doc Hock!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:44 am

Chip, I never cease to be amazed at the magnificent quality and the fine detail of your work.
Your figures take on a personality of their own that sets them apart.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 6:12 am

Great work, Chip!

What an interesting and sad story.

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 am

Yet another great figure....

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 am

I agree with LeStryge, the detail of your work never ceases to amaze!

That is a great figure, and a sad story. There are many sad stories that came out of 'Nam.
A lot of journalists died there.

May I ask what headsculpt/figure you used? I have another project in mind that I think
it might work with.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 9:08 am

Another stunning creation Chip! I have to agree with the others, the level of detail is incredible, as is the back story research! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 1:04 pm

Oh ... Thank you so much for all those kind comments , was not expecting such a great response thank you . bounce

Sorry Daryl , I can not help you out much , but it is a Dragon figure , and quite old now . The moustache is added / painted on , I think I might of painted his hair too , so likely looks nothing like he did .  If I find out , I will let you know .

Thanks Sarah , I had to look up Doc Hock , great series especially the first one or two episodes , I can see what your saying .

Thanks so much for the other kind comments all . They are very uplifting . Wink

Flock Head
londonroadhog

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 7:57 pm

He looks great Chip. I think you've done a great job there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 9:33 pm

What did you use to model the moustache before painting?
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 pm

Thanks Colin , most kind .

Hey Barry , if his tash was not already there , I would of used some form of air dry clay , maybe Milliput ? Few years back now , I just updated him some , and getting older , sorry again , I really can not remember . Embarassed

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 11:30 pm

Yes, that's what I use, but just thought you may have another idea. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean Flynn Another Journalist    Sean Flynn Another Journalist  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sean Flynn Another Journalist
Page 1 of 1