ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Man Tim Page

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Wild Man Tim Page  Empty
PostSubject: Wild Man Tim Page    Wild Man Tim Page  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 pm

At only Seventeen years old , Englishman Tim Page left home to travel across Europe , and later into the Middle East , India and Nepal .  He eventually reached Laos at the time when it was in Civil war , where he started his career as a Freelance Journalist . Later he moved on to Saigon . ( Now called Ho Chi Ming City ) . Where he covered the Vietnam War , working for Time - Life , UPI amongst others . Tim Seemed addicted to danger and excitement , and was keen on the use of recreational drugs , which were easily accessible at the time in NAM  , this rather brave but reckless attitude has led him to be an iconic photographer from the Vietnam war . Wounded more than once , the worst injury he received , was when He jumped from a Helicopter to help load the wounded and a troop in front of him stepped on a mine . he was pronounced dead on arrival at the Hospital , but after extensive neuro surgery , he survived and spent most of the 70s in recovery . Tim was best of Friends with fellow Journalist Sean Flynn and it was whilst he was in recovery , that he learned his best friend had gone missing in Cambodia , he spent years looking for his friend , but he was never found . Tim has written a few books , and there is a good deal about him , that explains his character in the book " Despatches " .

His bag was scratch made , and I based it on a Billingham , note the Kodachrome can in the harness , also scratch made , the cameras are modified MAM ones I believe .

Wild Man Tim Page  Tim-1-P1100799

Wild Man Tim Page  Tim-2-P1100793

Wild Man Tim Page  Tim_3_P1100803

Wild Man Tim Page  Tim_4_P1100801

Wild Man Tim Page  Tim_5_P1100797

Wild Man Tim Page  Tim_6_P1100796

Wild Man Tim Page  Tim_7_P1100787

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Wild Man Tim Page  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Man Tim Page    Wild Man Tim Page  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 2:45 pm

Ah yes, the days of photographic film in aluminum screw-top cans! By the time I first got in to photography, the metal cans had been replaced by plastic.

Another excellently detailed figure and interesting historical back story!

Flock Head
londonroadhog

Wild Man Tim Page  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Man Tim Page    Wild Man Tim Page  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Chip, that is a brilliant Billingham bag! I had one just like it. Sold it awhile ago, but it was a great bag.

What you made there looks just like the one I had too, even the same tan/beige colour. Great job!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Wild Man Tim Page  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Man Tim Page    Wild Man Tim Page  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 pm

Thanks so much for the compliments chaps , glad you liked him. bounce

Admin
BAMComix

Wild Man Tim Page  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Man Tim Page    Wild Man Tim Page  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 8:06 am

Another fantastic quality bash! of what sounded like a real character! he certainly lived an interesting life!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Wild Man Tim Page  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Man Tim Page    Wild Man Tim Page  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am

Great figure Chip! And as alway, superior detail!

The bag is great, and the modifications to the cameras make them look like ones from the era!

Ah yes, Kodachrome in the old metal cans. I started photography about five years after the metal
film cans. But I have one in my small collection of old photo stuff.

Wild Man Tim Page  K-film10

I was able to get it about 1980.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wild Man Tim Page  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Man Tim Page    Wild Man Tim Page  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild Man Tim Page
Page 1 of 1