ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good use of the Ken style 50th figure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Empty
PostSubject: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Someone with obviously a lot of free time and money on his hands.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 7:01 pm

That was fun... until it turned in to an advertisement.

They have both building skills and video skills, but as K-Troop sez, a lot of money and time, and, wouldn't we all like to have an abandoned manufacturing plant in which to run around playing with our toys?

Then YouTube recommends a bunch of similar videos, of people with mad building skills, like guys making rockets, and these guys building ships and planes out of cardboard and hot glue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80M6oUZcWE

Wish I had some skillz! And tools! And a big space in which to "work" (it's not really work, doing stuff like this, is it?)

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 7:02 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Someone with obviously a lot of free time and money on his hands.

Yeah.. cool video, but I agree.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
That was fun... until it turned in to an advertisement.

They have both building skills and video skills, but as K-Troop sez, a lot of money and time, and, wouldn't we all like to have an abandoned manufacturing plant in which to run around playing with our toys?

Then YouTube recommends a bunch of similar videos, of people with mad building skills, like guys making rockets, and these guys building ships and planes out of cardboard and hot glue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80M6oUZcWE

Wish I had some skillz! And tools! And a big space in which to "work" (it's not really work, doing stuff like this, is it?)

That's the thing. Back in the YouTubers were more often self made. Nowadays if you have money, you can get the 3D printer, the location, the filming equipment and all that jazz, and just jump into being a YouTube star. Quality translated to subscribers very quickly.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 7:20 pm

Seeing the trial and error process was interesting. Having done model rockets when I was a kid, even I know that at the end of the burn cycle, the rocket motors eject a flame and a puff of gas out of the opposite end. That's to deploy the parachute in the rocket. That's what set the fig on fire. But... it looked cool.

The design process was interesting. Nicely constructed chair. It stood up to a lot of abuse.

I did not realize that RC planes could carry that much weight. That was impressive.

I found the process of thinking through a deployment system for the 'chute interesting.

Gotta love the "Groucho Marx" style painted mustache on the fig!

Once I got past the "skills, talent, money, space, and time" envy, it was a fun vid! Thanks for the share!

I should probably watch more YouTube "maker" stuff. I might learn a few things.

The constant advertising interrupting videos, though; it's worse than watching broadcast television!

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 8:13 pm

I'm just kind of thinking it would be kind of fun shooting at the aircraft with a long-barreled shotgun and bird shot loads to see how well the ejection system works when the aircraft has been hit by AA fire....

...Probably not very well at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 10:00 pm

That small parachute appeared to be fairly ineffective at slowing the landing impact!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 pm

That was simply a test of the drogue chute system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 11:28 pm

Yeah well I must confess I didn't watch the whole thing from start to finish. 
I tend to have quite a low tolerance for You-Tubers flauting their facilities.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Yeah well I must confess I didn't watch the whole thing from start to finish. 
I tend to have quite a low tolerance for You-Tubers flauting their facilities.

Yeah, me too. I also "speed watched" most of it. Skipping ahead to the action.

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 5:52 am

I watched it throughout. It seems the kid is a student, and the advertising at the end
probably helped him with the money to do the project.

I was interested in the sculpt, with the mustache. But I'm guessing the sculpt doesn't
have one?

If I could get one cheap, I would buy it for that sculpt to put on another body.

But all in all, I agree with K-troop, money and time on his hands.

Daryl

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 6:36 am

There are those on this very site who do the most amazing things with far less funding and much smaller facilities. 
I find that most laudable.

Oh and I also detest "click-bait" ads!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good use of the Ken style 50th figure   Good use of the Ken style 50th figure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good use of the Ken style 50th figure
Page 1 of 1