ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sarah the Spark

Go down 
+4
FIELD STATION 42
TNshooter
Kimono Troop Command
RealSarahdactyl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 3:21 am

I dug out this old material today with the plan of making a sofa.. but my little 1/6 tools arrived so I made a tool pouch.

This is probably as close as I'll get to electrical work now, maybe I'll do it in the summer breaks between university.

But it's a tiny scale throwback to my time working as an electrician. Yes I know I should be wearing a hard hat.. and not sitting on the client's sofa, or resting tools on finished surfaces.
Sarah the Spark Psx_2025
Sarah the Spark Psx_2024
Sarah the Spark Psx_2026
Sarah the Spark Psx_2027

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 4:33 am

Quite nicely done, Sarah. Interestingly, the first job my father had when he came to Canada, before he became a photographer, was as an electrician. I don't think the did it for too long, but he did know his way around wiring.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Quite nicely done, Sarah.  Interestingly, the first job my father had when he came to Canada, before he became a photographer, was as an electrician.  I don't think the did it for too long, but he did know his way around wiring.  

Thanks Gary! It's not a bad job, but I can imagine a photographer would be more interesting!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 4:54 am

I didn't think so when I was a kid and accompanied him on jobs; perhaps because he was at the lower end of the trade. He worked for wedding studios for several years as an associate photographer covering weddings and other events before getting his foot in the door with the CBC and working for them as a freelance publicity photographer. He got to meet and photograph a lot of famous people in entertainment and politics as a result, and I think it went to his head. He never had the training I got, but funnily, I don't actually work in photography, except for a few select clients. He died just as the digital revolution was beginning to take root, but in the last couple of year of his life however, he was supplementing his retirement income by working a photographer for his union newspaper and I guess that brought him sort of pleasure.

Back to top Go down

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 5:48 am

You were a "sparkie" RSD!  cheers
Loved the mini-me pics. I too bought those 1/6 tools and you have inspired me to make a tool pouch for them too!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 5:51 am

Great tools and toolbelt Sarah! Maybe you should put some of your toolbelts
on Etsy!

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 5:55 am

Great story KTC. I'm sorry to hear he has passed away. I bet he would have
enjoyed digital photography in the work he did. It's great to see if someone
had their eyes closed before processing the film.

Considering how great your photos are, I'm guessing you got some pointers
from him?

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 6:15 am

TNshooter wrote:
Great story KTC. I'm sorry to hear he has passed away. I bet he would have
enjoyed digital photography in the work he did. It's great to see if someone
had their eyes closed before processing the film.

Considering how great your photos are, I'm guessing you got some pointers
from him?

Daryl

Without going into specifics about a complex family history, I actually learned very little from my father, other than some very basic darkroom stuff when I was a kid.  It was only after he died that I took up photography, having inherited a lot of dated, but functional equipment. I put it to use, and started to teach myself photography, but realizing that I wanted real training, I got myself accepted to the Dawson College commercial photography program in 2006 and graduated in 2008.  Unlike a fine arts program, the instructors were almost all working commercial photographers, including some of the top ones in Montreal. I don't work full-time in photography, though I am well-equipped and take on smaller jobs when it suits me.  I like the regular and steady income of a regular job more than I like searching for clients and work in a world where photographers are facing diminishing prospects.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 6:55 am

That miniature tool pouch is quite impressive! Nicely crafted! Did you sew it or glue the seams?

As for Dolls as Electricians, okay, I'll play:

Sarah the Spark 47769641572_ed0c79ba1e_z
Flairies Fixing the Well Pump Switch

Sarah the Spark Doll_electrician1
Smart Doll bein' maybe not so smart

Wink

Professor Gangrene Fan

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 7:30 am

Okay Sarah the toolbelt and tools are super cute. I’m totally loving the Electrician scenes you’v set up. Nice and simple scenes. Very creative. Dave I’m liking your pictures of your Dolls as Electricians.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 7:41 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
TNshooter wrote:
It was only after he died that I took up photography, having inherited a lot of dated, but functional equipment. I put it to use, and started to teach myself photography, but realizing that I wanted real training, I got myself accepted to the Dawson College commercial photography program in 2006 and graduated in 2008.  Unlike a fine arts program, the instructors were almost all working commercial photographers, including some of the top ones in Montreal. I like the regular and steady income of a regular job more than I like searching for clients and work in a world where photographers are facing diminishing prospects.

I too did a two year course, learning basic photography and darkroom. Of course that was 20 years before
digital. And my instructors were commercial photographers, tops in the Knoxville area. All that the
University of Tennessee offered was fine arts photography.

From then on, I continued learning as I went. Especially in photojournalism. These days papers want
PJ degrees. When I started, all you needed was a good portfolio and a good knowledge of photography.
I learned photoshop by "playing" with the program. The first version I used was PS3. There have
been many versions of it since then, the last one I worked with was CS5. After that CS6 went online,
with a monthly subscription. The paper apparently didn't want to pay the monthly subscription fees.
I researched multimedia, which is what a photographer needs to do these days. Mainly for the paper,
as they wanted to start having videos on the website.

Well I can say your training has come in handy for your hobby, your photos are top rate!

And you're right about diminishing prospects. Now everybody takes photos with their cellphones. The
newspaper industry is dying here in the states. Part of why I was downsized.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 7:44 am

I apologize for my response looking like part of the quote.
Apparently I tried to post it at the same time as Alexander's post.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Thanks Gary! It's not a bad job, but I can imagine a photographer would be more interesting!

Hahaha you're not wrong. I used to be an electrician... Sleep lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 8:09 am

That looks fantastic Sarah!, great set of photos too! that ladder is a great prop!.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 8:14 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Hahaha you're not wrong.  I used to be an electrician... Sleep lol!

Well since you used to be a electrician Cool Chris maybe you should try and kitbash up your own electrician.

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 8:18 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Hahaha you're not wrong.  I used to be an electrician... Sleep lol!

Well since you used to be a electrician Cool Chris maybe you should try and kitbash up your own electrician.

Hahaha maybe not....it brings back bad memories lol!

Love the belt Sarah..very nicely made. And the pics are great cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 1:00 pm

Great set of pics with a sense of realism , the tool belt looks good . I like to see custom made stuff . Well done .

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 5:31 pm

Thanks for all of the comments guys! The funny thing, in real life my pouch was black and belt was beige.
Still, when these tools arrived I knew I needed to make pouch.

Did you guys know there are mini Bosch power tools?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2021 3:51 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Did you guys know there are mini Bosch power tools?

I bet they expensive to buy. Probably even more expensive than the real sized Bosch power tools Laughing .

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 1:19 am

You'd probably do better as an electrician than with a degree. Trades are stupid busy here in the West, and Covid19 hasn't slowed construction down at all. Plus they easily make 100K plus a year, so not so bad...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sarah the Spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah the Spark   Sarah the Spark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sarah the Spark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Dioramas & Models :: 1/6 Scale Dioramas & Models-
Jump to: