ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Empty
PostSubject: NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )    NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 am

Hi . The NVA Sapper teams were highly trained to infiltrate U.S Bases in the Vietnam War . They mainly went in at first light or in darkness . Generally they would sneak in , under the barb wire , and past the mine fields , once in they would cause absolute havoc . Sometimes they made safe passage for regular troops to follow them in , using wire cutters ect , often they would turn the claymores so they went off toward the bases . There were special Sapper teams that were trained to hunt MAC-V teams . They wore what looked like loin cloths , and just carried AK`s and chest rigs . They were all feared by U.S forces .

Number 1 in my team , ( Flocked Ultimate Soldier figure ) is the ladder man . He would slide the ladder under the barbed wire , and using " Y " shaped sticks he would prop the ladder up , to make a makeshift tunnel under the wire . The ladder was also used to carry the wounded back out ...if they were lucky .

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120412

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120416

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120418

Number 2 in the team , is using a pole charge . Here this is four grenades wired to a long Bamboo handle , with a wire detonator at the end which was pulled , after being shoved in rifle slots in bunkers , door ways , windows or any other building entrance .

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120428

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120421

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120424

Number 3 in the team ,  ( Flocked Modern G.I Joe ) is armed with a satchel charge , this was often a sand bag or as here a satchel type bag filled with explosive , and a short timed fuse , which was pulled just before it was slung into any bunker or building entrance / window ect .

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120430

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120432

Number 4 in the team is a suicide bomber , he is also armed with a satchel charge , only this is strapped to his chest , he would attempt to get to the control bunker which held the radios and officers , run in and pull the fuse killing all inside including himself . A similar action was shown toward the end of the Platoon movie . I thought he had an appropriate expression for this character  .

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120437

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120438

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120434

Team photo .

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120439

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  P1120445

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )    NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 am

Wow, a great looking team Mark!!

And a great description of the members, I've learned something
I didn't know about the NVA.

My favorite is the one with the pole charge. I wasn't aware of that
particular weapon.

Daryl

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )    NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 6:15 am

First The Apache, and now these.
Your modelling is definitely "turning to the dark side...." Mark.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )    NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 am

What a great group of figures bounce bounce . I bet they will course a few problems for the enemy. I really like the use of all the different sculpts as well as using flocking on one of them too. Great work mate cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )    NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 am

Chip thank you very much for sharing pictures and descriptions on what each  NVA Sapper team member did. I’m really liking the look of the suicide bomber, most of all his  head sculpt. Can I ask did the  head sculpt come with the body or where they separate? How much did he cost ?

I’m really liking the Team photo of them.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )    NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Thanks ALL . Very Happy

Alex , I believe the Sculpt you like is from the Ultimate Soldier Gurkha Figure . I have put him on a shorter body , but the original body is similar just more articulated , and taller . attached an eBay link for you .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTIMATE-SOLDIER-WWII-1-6-9th-GURKHA-RIFLES-11th-INDIAN-DIVISION/222102916339?hash=item33b65d8cf3:g:VuAAAOSwE6VXJLrP

Thanks for the kind words .

PostSubject: Re: NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )    NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NVA Sapper Team ( Old School Figures )
Page 1 of 1