ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Empty
PostSubject: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 10:55 am

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243899378_2fbe5dd086_bK-TROOP CHAPTER COVERS (1) by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244464424_e13d8190b9_bPage_1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243700671_bd74338608_bPage_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243700396_bd40ab88c0_bPage_3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244753870_70d085bf83_bPage_4 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51242985582_c485297229_bPage_5 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244462889_2480ccd7ed_bPage_6 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243699246_5133251fc5_bPage_7 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244462299_09bb792e30_bPage_8 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243896458_cb1ceac778_bPage_9 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244461744_9e323084f1_bPage_10 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243895913_af1bc180a5_bPage_11 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244461144_28271040f8_bPage_12 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243895438_ccc752ab7d_bPage_13 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244751040_6d0b6646b1_bPage_14 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51242982892_f9c94db098_bPage_15 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244460044_ef6734432e_bPage_16 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244459689_9b0f37a023_bPage_17 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244459429_e9f47bec21_bPage_18 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243695666_90db1ae097_bPage_19 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243695351_99f0595747_bPage_20 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51242980877_5b37d47b5e_bPage_21 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243892623_97f2aa1d38_bPage_22 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243892318_69441a293f_bPage_23 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 5:34 pm

Oh, this is good stuff! Starts out funny, becomes hilarious, then turns toward the serious, while tying in nearly all the separate storylines from the larger story arc. In addition to introducing Bond-Fleming, the episode offers further character development on existing characters, including Tibias, and even touches upon the mysterious and reclusive General Nishizumi! Very clever, very entertaining, and there's a lot happening here underneath the laughs!

Moments that caught my eye as I read through include:

That shot of Tibias coming down the stairs, wondering who Jenna is talking to, totally took me by surprise! I laughed out loud! It was all that absurd lead-up with the Bond plot references, with a perfect "punch line," so to speak!

Nice cigarette smoke effect!

Uh oh, indeed! Jenna senses fireworks incoming!

Now I'm being distracted by background details! The map with the fold crease in it. The very 1960s ashtray. And... that ship model! A destroyer, is it? With a "dazzle" paint scheme?

Clever insertion of the image on the laptop screen.

That bloke who starred in 'Zardoz.' - Another LOL!

This is funny! Jenna is totally shocked to see the reclusive and mysterious Mister Tibias lured in to a tit-for-tat game of one-upsmanship by his old friend-foe-associate, Bond-Fleming!

This keeps getting better! Is Tibias asking Jenna to step out because of Top Secret Stuff that might be discussed? Or because this conversation is about to become even more juvenile?

And, oh yes, a tarantula! Laughing

Oh... clever the way this circles back to the Jake/Redbox flashback story!

Look at that shrewd Mr Bond, sewing seeds of distrust in Tibias for his own supervisors!

Pulling nearly all the story threads together on page 620! That was smoothly accomplished!

And we are learning a bit about the mysterious General Nishizumi, who is basically Tibias' counterpart, overseeing the operations of Kimono Troop Command the way Tibias is responsible for BAM-HQ. Interesting.

The one who looks like Simon Templar! Nice one! (Uncanny resemblance to Beau Maverick, as well!)

The discussion turns serious, raising the spectre of Redbox, and the near-universal distrust with which he is regarded!

Seems like Bond-Fleming touched a nerve, there, at the end!

Will Redbox end up a permanent resident of Dinosaur Valley... in the form of dinosaur scat? Stay Tuned!

(And... is that an invitation for Cousin Monday to make an appearance in Hidden in the Shadows?)

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 6:10 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Oh, this is good stuff! Starts out funny, becomes hilarious, then turns toward the serious, while tying in nearly all the separate storylines from the larger story arc. In addition to introducing Bond-Fleming, the episode offers further character development on existing characters, including Tibias, and even touches upon the mysterious and reclusive General Nishizumi! Very clever, very entertaining, and there's a lot happening here underneath the laughs!

Thank-you

Moments that caught my eye as I read through include:

That shot of Tibias coming down the stairs, wondering who Jenna is talking to, totally took me by surprise! I laughed out loud! It was all that absurd lead-up with the Bond plot references, with a perfect "punch line," so to speak!

I thought that line about the back streets of Edinburgh ruffian was cute.

Nice cigarette smoke effect!

Photoshop brush I downloaded from Deviant Art.

Uh oh, indeed! Jenna senses fireworks incoming!

Now I'm being distracted by background details! The map with the fold crease in it. The very 1960s ashtray. And... that ship model! A destroyer, is it? With a "dazzle" paint scheme?

Correct. 1/700 scale WWII British destroyer.  Just right for a large scale ship model at 1/6 scale.  

Clever insertion of the image on the laptop screen.

A lot of perspective correction and image distortion necessary, but Photoshop makes this easy.

That bloke who starred in 'Zardoz.' - Another LOL!

The chap who starred in Zardoz did eventually win an academy award, though not for that silly film.

This is funny! Jenna is totally shocked to see the reclusive and mysterious Mister Tibias lured in to a tit-for-tat game of one-upsmanship by his old friend-foe-associate, Bond-Fleming!

I think she wants to stay and watch

This keeps getting better! Is Tibias asking Jenna to step out because of Top Secret Stuff that might be discussed? Or because this conversation is about to become even more juvenile?

Maybe he's afraid of being talked to this way in front of an underling?

And, oh yes, a tarantula! Laughing

Don't forget the bloody tarantula.

Oh... clever the way this circles back to the Jake/Redbox flashback story!

That was sort of the central theme of the story, so we had to get there eventually. Also, I think the big revelation here is that Jake was on track to being promoted to Double-O rank and would have become 007 when Sir James retired.

Look at that shrewd Mr Bond, sewing seeds of distrust in Tibias for his own supervisors!

My theory is that M never told Tibias about wanting to promote Jake, because Tibias would object to losing his best man from his team and having him become an over-glorified playboy agent.

Pulling nearly all the story threads together on page 620! That was smoothly accomplished!

From 622 to the top of 625 was mainly Dal writing. The bottom of 625 is me.

And we are learning a bit about the mysterious General Nishizumi, who is basically Tibias' counterpart, overseeing the operations of Kimono Troop Command the way Tibias is responsible for BAM-HQ. Interesting.

She seems to have a similar function as Tibias, but does not have his disdain for Double-O caliber agents.

The one who looks like Simon Templar! Nice one! (Uncanny resemblance to Beau Maverick, as well!)

lol!  lol!  lol!

Seems like Bond-Fleming touched a nerve, there, at the end!

I see Tibias as the sort of fellow who is not used to having his judgement questioned by anyone, perhaps not even M, so Sir James would naturally get on his nerves, as he does with most supervillains he encounters.  Notice this in the movies, especially the Connery films.  Bond never minces words with bad guys. He tells them to their faces what he thinks of them.

Will Redbox end up a permanent resident of Dinosaur Valley... in the form of dinosaur scat? Stay Tuned!

That's sort of up to Dal.

(And... is that an invitation for Cousin Monday to make an appearance in Hidden in the Shadows?)

[size=18]

You can take it however you want to, but YES!
[/size]
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 11:27 am

Fantastic Gary! I know I only contributed very little to the script of this chapter, but I think you tied it in beautifully! It had everything fun, humour, the odd movie reference, and f course, Bringing together the links of the story, just brilliant!
I think that these two defiantly bring out the worst in each other! like two school boys, competing for who is the best bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 12:20 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic Gary! I know I only contributed very little to the script of this chapter, but I think you tied it in beautifully! It had everything fun, humour, the odd movie reference, and f course, Bringing together the links of the story, just brilliant!
I think that these two defiantly bring out the worst in each other! like two school boys, competing for who is the best bounce bounce bounce

Thanks Dal,

I think it also opens a couple of doors.

1. What happens if Jake learns he would have become a Double-O had he not retired?

2. How will Tibias react to Sir James being involved in investigating Dinosaur Valley?

3. Given that Tibias clearly does not have a high opinion of K-Troop, how will he react upon learning that Jake and Kamiko are working closely together?

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 12:55 am

Great stuff! Loved all the Bond references and little tit-for-tat sparring, lol. Tiberius definitely has his hot buttons.

and my favorite Bond girl (Domino Derval) and favorite Bond girl villain (Fiona Volpe)

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 1:56 am

Interestingly, Claudine Auger (Domino) was rated as the all time #1 Bond Girl sometime in the 80's.  She's my favorite too.  As for Fiona Volpe, she als has to rate as pretty much at the top of Villain Bond girls.  I always find it amusing, how anticlimactic her sudden death is, shot by one of her own henchmen trying to hit Bond and of course, I love the flippant way he disposes of the body.

"Do you mind if my friend sits this one out?  She's just dead!"
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 pm

Funny...but for reasons of my own, I watched one of the Roger Moore Bonds and suave has he was, there is simply no comparison between Sean Connery and Roger Moore in the role. Connery was and will ever be the definitive Bond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 12:21 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Connery was and will ever be the definitive Bond.  
Of course!
He portrayed Bond as he was written. Sexist, chauvinist, hugely promiscuous, strongly physical.....and above all, extremely "masculine".
(He even had hair on his chest!) In the course of his missions, he often treated women appallingly.
All those attributes made for the perfect fantasy ultimate spy escapism.
Those are the exact same things that apparently now offend modern "sensibilities" and just cannot be qualities of the hero in films.

Roger Moore's performance is effete by comparison and you just can't really ever believe he could really beat up anyone if necessary.
And his often silly double-entendre attempts at sexual innuendo never quite manage to be amusing when he delivers them.

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 1:59 am

One of the immediately noticeable differences is how each delivered his trademark introduction. Connery could actually sound menacing just by saying "My name is Bond; James Bond." More never could.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 2:08 am

as I've previously said, they should have stopped making the films when Connery quit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems   BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems
Page 1 of 1